File RTI against PSU banks and get all information you wanted ever !

We have already done an article on how to use RTI for any kind of EPF related issues because EPFO is an govt organisation and comes under the purview of RTI . But a lot of people do not know that even PSU Banks come under RTI and if you have any issues with them, you can always file a RTI against them and get any kind of information you want.

So that means SBI, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, Punjab national Bank, Carana Bank, Vijaya Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and all other PSU banks (govt owned) will come under RTI . So the next question is what kind of situations can arise, when a person can file a RTI application. Lets see this – Prashant from Agra, had an issue with Canara Bank over the bank locker

My brother’s bank account is at canara bank, and he had taken a LOCKER there. He made his wife as joint account holder and with attorney. Now when she took locker keys to her home without informing we gave the manager an application that in case locker is secretly opened plz inform us. But after few days the lady mailed him(to manager) some application/or anything on his email.

when my brother n mother went to operate he stopped us.. and shouted at us in front of everyone as if we are thieves(account is in name of my brother). Manager is even not ready to show that email or copy of the same. Neither did he informed any of the 3 phone numbers given in application by us previously (he assured us to do the same). He yelled us out of bank(account is 12 year old in same branch) saying that he will FREEZE LOCKER. My brother the rightful owner wants to open his own account having keys to the locker yet not allowed.

Now in this issue, you can see that bank has not treated Prashant well and also not giving him the information properly. The bank people are also mishandling his locker. At this moment, Prashant can just file a RTI application and ask all those queries which he wanted to know. And within next 30-35 days , he should get the reply from the bank.

Let me share with you all 2 more real life incidents on how people used RTI against their PSU banks and got their work done !

1. How Kranti Used RTI against his Bank

2. How Elahi used RTI against SBi

Note that Right to information (RTI) will only help a person get some information, after that he will have to follow up on that matter, but in today’s world, even if you get the correct data about something, its a big thing.

When to use RTI against PSU bank ?

• When the bank is not giving you correct information about your home loan related items like interest rates, prepayment, documentation issues.
  • When you are not satisfied by bank behaviour, its service, the terms and conditions etc
  • When bank asks you some unjustified things like opening a FD for locker, buying some policy before locker can be opened !
  • When you feel that bank has done something against their own terms and conditions and is not entertaining you.
  • When you need any information from bank which you cant get directly !

Below is a video on RTI done by Sailesh Gandhi for Moneylife. Have a look at these video’s and understand how to effectively use Right to information in your life.

Branch Heads are also the CPIO’s !

When you file a RTI letter, it has to be addressed to Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) or Central Assistant Public Information Officer (CAPIO). Now all the major branch heads of PSU Banks are also CPIO’s and you can directly write the RTI letter to the branch head, but address them as CPIO’s . So in the place of address, mention the branch name and the name of the bank with full address. Some of the PSU banks also allow giving the RTI applications by hand to the Branch heads, but I would suggest try it on your own risk, sending the letter by registered post will be much better.

Steps for writing the RTI application against Bank

1. Download this RTI Template for Banks (Taken from Wealth Club)

2. Put the address and branch name of your Bank

3. Write down all the other details like name, address, email, phone and other details if any.

4. Put the information required at the appropriate place in the template. Make sure the question is brief and too the point.

5. Buy a postal order for Rs 10 , favoring to CPIO, Branch name, address (this you need to fill yourself).

6. Make sure you write the postal order number in the RTI letter, change it with your order number.

7. Take a print out and send the RTI letter via registered post or Speed post to the same address as Bank branch.

8. Wait for next 30-60 days for the reply and if you dont get it , escalate it further !

Note : You can also watch a detailed video course called “How to Use RTI in your financial life” (4 part video series , 19 min total running time) under our courses section of Jagoinvestor Wealth Club, incase you are a member.

Conclusion

So in this article, you have learned how you can also file RTI applications against a Public sector Bank in India and get all those information which you are not getting in proper manner otherwise.

1 Karan Batra December 17, 2012 at 10:58 am

Thanks for sharing this useful peice of info which would help many aggrieved customers file RTI against their PSU Banks.

I’ve heard that their are many customers who are aggrieved with the functioning of the EPF Account. You can also guide them regarding how to file a RTI against EPF Authority

2 Ravi December 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hi Karan,

Manish has already done an article on EPF related. Please find it here.

3 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks Karan ..

How to use RTI for EPF is already discussed long back – http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2012/03/rti-for-epf-withdrawal-or-transfer.html

4 Kranti Goyal December 17, 2012 at 11:06 am

RTI is really helpful when you are not satisfied with bank. Even bank doesn’t want to involve in RTI query. Following is my experience with one of the well known PSU bank-

“My ATM is locked due to some unknown reason. As usual customer-care directed me to contact branch. In branch a lady checks some info and said that this can not happen here, ATM will be unlocked by Mumbai main branch and advice me for new ATM card. At this time I have questioned them that in this case you will deduct charges from my saving account. Reply of lady was awesome, she simple blast on me and said that you people want everything free of cost. At that time I feel that there is no point in arguing with that lady and way back to my home. After one week of try,suddenly I thought of applying RTI on this issue. I have met the branch manager and ask for how to apply RTI on this issue. Suddenly after listening name of RTI, bank manager came into action and directed same lady to solve this issue asap and said that if his issue is not resolved, he will file RTI. Surprisely my ATM is unlocked within minutes of action. In my case only name of RTI works wonder:)”

5 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks for sharing that ! .. it was amazing experience to hear and This shows how powerful RTI was !

6 Elahi December 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for the information. RTI is very powerful and highly useful tool. Here is my experience with SBI. I have housing loan with SBI and they had charged extra interest of Rs. 73000 to me. So I filed RTI to get the detailed information of change in interest rates and to conform that my housing loan interest rate will be (SBAR – % concession.) After getting this information, I filed complaint with Branch and RACPC pune, giving them detailed interest calculations of interest for 4 years and asked them to refund my money. Waited for 3 weeks. SBI customer charted says that “Branch has to solve the problem withing 3 weeks elase wive written reply to customer telling why it is not solved and how much additional time is needed.” After 3 weeks I pointed SBI to this clause ans asked for explaination through email. Then wheels started moving faster. Got my cresit within 2 hours. But it was not as per my calculation. I again explained them my claculations and after 3 credits they got their calculation right ! I got my money back completely. RTI works wonder. And every government and semi-govt. organisations have citizens charter. Use it for your purpose.

7 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Thats a great experience ! .. I will make a post out of it and share with more people !

8 RD December 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Very usefull and powerfull article. A big Thanks to Manish.

9 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Thanks RD :)

10 Pritam December 18, 2012 at 6:58 am

RTI can also be filed against RBI (Reserve Bank of India) to sought information to members of public just like from PSU banks.

Thanks.

11 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for that info .. any govt body comes under RTI !

12 Raj December 18, 2012 at 2:50 pm

RTI is one of the best things that had happened in this decade…

13 Manish Chauhan December 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Yea Raj ! thats true !

14 Rahul December 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm

RTI is indeed a powerful tool, This has helped individuals get information at ease from government. No doubt Government is afraid of this, and are thinking to amending the RTI rules.

15 Manish Chauhan December 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm

True ! . thats why RTI works so well , seems like the only good thing congress brought ! ..

16 sudhir kumar March 16, 2013 at 3:58 pm

On the demand by shri Anna Hazare RTI was introduced by the congress. So we thank to Shri Hazare.

17 Aish January 12, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Thats the irony of India. usually PSU banks solves all problems with RBI ombudsman itself . Thats my experience with 2 cases. But in case of private banks, they are there only to take away your money. I never received any proper closure or even no communication at all from RBI ombudsman for complaints against private banks.

18 Manish Chauhan January 14, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Hmm .. in that case why dont you move to consumer court also !

19 sunil January 29, 2013 at 6:49 pm

If i need to file an RTI to know about the procedures to change my wife’s name in a PPF account… to whom should i address the RT form??? any specific adress??? and should we enclose another envolope for them to reply or they will reply on their own expenses.

20 Manish Chauhan January 30, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Sunil

U can read this also http://www.jagoinvestor.com/forum/reppf-account-sir-name-change/5862/

Regarding the name change, is it the name change because of marriage or was there a mistake made in the name earlier . Before filing RTI , better enquire in the POSTOFFICE or SBI bank where ever your PPF account is. If that does not work then file RTI .

To file RTI you need to address it to the Post office where you have the PPF account or the SBI bank where your PPF account is . I assume that its in a PSU Bank as you have commented it here on this article ! .

You just need to pay Rs 10 fees, they will send you reply later ..

21 Manish Sinha March 5, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I am facing an issue with SBI for Safe deposit locker, where the branch manager first has told me to no locker available and later on he said that if I do a FD of Rs 5 Lac then the locker can be given to you. He also mentioned that the allocating the locker is the right of the Bank management committee. I think there is no rule as where which states that I need to FD some amount for availing the Locker facility and it should be allocated to the customer based on the availability.

Can I get the information from SBI about the no of lockers available to a branch using RTI?

Thanks in Advance
Manish Sinha

22 Manish Chauhan March 13, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Definately you can .. when you file RTI , ask questions like

1. How many lockers are empty

2. What is the procedure for opening it

3. What are the prerequisite !

23 HARESHKUMAR SHRIMALI April 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Dear & Most Respected Sir, Date : 06-04-2013
I have to file a RTI Application against my the then Employer, Punjab National Bank, Surendranagar Branch ( Gujarat ). I was awarded ” Compulsory Retirement from Bank Service after completing Two Departmental Inquiries, I was given above Award. In 1st Departmental Enquiry, I was directed to continue my service till Judgment (after my Pending Appeal before Gujarat High Court against my Conviction under IPC 498-A & IPC 306.). I am on Regular bail. I was convicted for 4 years’ RI with a fine for Rs. 25,000.00 & under IPC 498-A, I was convicted for 2 years’ RI & with a fine of Rs.500.00 , both sentences to go concurrently. After 4.3 months in Jail, I was released on bail in 2008 & my Appeal against my conviction was admitted before Gujarat High Court. After releasing on bail, I served at PNB, Surendranagar Branch for almost 8-9 months, all of a sudden, I was charge-sheeted under ” Moral Turpitude” clause of our BPS for Workmen. In this Enquiry, I was allowed to continue my service till Final Judgment of Gujarat High Court, I continued my service for 2-3 months, all of a sudden, again the same Enquiry was reopened, without assigning more charge/s. My Defence Representative & I protested it very very strongly. But the Disciplinary Authority ( RM ), after hearing me & my Defence Representative, took a decision for my Compulsory Retirement with all Benefits. I appealed at Appellate Authority ( DGM,HR,HO, New Delhi), he does not answer, nor taken any decision in spite of our regular written reminders, but after 4-5 months, he upheld RM’s previous Order, without giving me any Opportunity for Personal Hearing. This is there in our Bi-Partite Settlement, that Appellent authority must give an Opportunity for personal Hearing before taking Final Decision. Sir, we found out that my in-laws had written many letters to our Circle office & HO to terminate my service & my 1st & 2nd Enquiry was held & Appellent Authority , took more than One Month ( 4-5 Months after our so many written reminders ) without giving me any Opportunity to be heard personally. This is Gross Misconduct & Absuse of Law & Abuse of Power conferred to him . Sir, I was Compulsorily Retired in 2008, now I wrote to so many Authorities, to take Authenticated Copies of Written Letters from my in-laws side & other so many points, but without any result. Sir, please draft a RTI Application for me for my work done. I requested so many RTI Activists of India giving them my E-Mails copies, to help me in Drafting a very Powerful RTI Application, but nobody helped me. Sir, find below, copies of E-mails I sent at complaint@pnb.co.in & others.

Filing of an RTI Applicatio​n seeking some vital informatio​n from Punjab National Bank , whose I was a Clerk-cum-​Cashier ( Employee No. 55765 ) for 24 years & was awarded Compulsory Retirement after Two Department​al Enquiries by letters written from my in-laws’s side:

Dear Sir/s Date : 04-04-2013

I want to file RTI Application against Punjab National Bank Management & to punish those

under whose actions, they Reopened closed Departmental Enquiry & other issues as narrated below, which, I already sent through an E-Mail ( complaint@pnb.co.in ) to PNB :

Dear Sir/Madam, Date : 09-03-2013

With Due Respect, I , Mr. Hareshkumar Jagjivan Shrimali ,was a Clerk-cum-Casher in your Surendranagar Branch. Since 1984 to 2008. I was Compulsorily Retired under charge ” Moral Turpitude “from Bank Service after two inquiries in 2008.

The Fact is I was convicted for 4 years & 2 years for IPC Sections 306 & 498-A to go concurrently respectively, as my wife had committed suicide in Dec-1996. A Criminal Case was registered by my Elder Brother-in-law at Limbdi Police Station. And after a lapse of some 9 years , I was convicted as above. I filed Criminal Appeal against my conviction at Gujarat High Court & it is admitted . It’s still pending.

All of a sudden, after getting regular Bail from Gujarat High Court, An inquiry was ordered after 8-9 months regular service at Surendranagar Branch ( Gujarat ) & in that inquiry, Decision was taken to continue my Bank Service till Final Judgment of Gujarat High Court.

To my surprise, this inquiry was reopened on the same ground without giving any valid reason/s after serving more 3-4 months at the same Branch.

And in this reopened inquiry, a decision was taken to Compulsorily Retire me & that was done.

I alongwith my Defence Representative filed an Appeal at Appellate Authority, DGM, HR, HO, New Delhi. As per Bi-partite Settlement ( at that time ) Rules, Appelate Authority neither called me for Personal Hearing nor took any final Decision in spite of our Regular Reminders. After 4-5 months, this final decision was taken by Appellate Authority & upheld decission of Regional Manager, Rajkot.

By this Complaint, rather earnest request , I would like to know whether any person had called any higher authority/ies or/and wrote letters to any Higher Authority/ies to initiate First & Reopened second Inquiry with Names of persons/lawyers , PNB Authoritocuments ies’ Name, Designation/s & All Documents ( From Bank to Lower management, Higher Authority/ies to lower Authority/ies , answers, All E-Mail Details with dates, dulya certified by Competent Authorites.

How a Final Decision was taken to continue my service as it was till Final Disposal of Gujarat High Court, a new reopened Inquiry was initiated & we appealled against Decission to Appellate Authority, without answering my Defence Representative , Final Decission for uphelding RM’s ORDER of Compulsory Retirement on the grounds of Moral Turpitude & without calling me for a Personal Hearing in writing, Appellate Authority had upheld RM’s ORDER throwing away Bi-Partite Settlement Rules for Workmen ?

Kindly I urge upon you with my both hands folded , give me Dates, Documents, authorities Names with Designation, All Correspondance Attested With Bank’s Seal & Signatures , All E-Mails. All letters , phone call details with from-to Phone Numbers with dates & exact time with call Durations. If this mail doesn’t fall under your jurisdiction, kindly forward to the relevent Authority under CC to me at this E-Mail ID : contactmehjs@gmail.com .

I urge to send me Each & Every Minute Details within a month from date of this E-Mail , during which any correspondance is held copy to me at this E-Mail ID : contactmehjs@gmail.com & if hard copies, on the following Residential Address of mine :

Mr. Hareshkumar Shrimali,

Flat No.1, Krupakant Appartments Part-1,

Bhaikakanagar, Near Zaveri bunglows,

Thaltej Cross Roads,

Ahmedabad- 380059

( Gujarat )

( India )

P.S. : I state that this is my E-Mail ID & I am the Real Person & not a fake person. If a written reply is not received from a competent authority , this complaint/request will be transferred to all higher authorities, RBI Dealing Heads, CVC & other Central Govt. Authorites , presuming that you have accepted everything in this e-Mail . It’s an earnest & most polite request .Don’t take it otherwise.

Another E-Mail sent on 12-03-2013 Titled :

Re : ATR of my Earlier E-Mail Dtd. 09–3-2013

Resp. & The Most Hon’ble Sir/Madam, Date : 12-03-2013

Reg : ATR of my Compulsory Retirement from Bank’s Service.

Dear Sir, Nothing has been done in this matter till date . If possible , kindly send me E-Mail IDs of

all Dept., Division Head’s including CMD’s E-Mail IDs . Plz include all documents, letters written by my in-laws, their lawyer/s, any other third party & All all all correspondence between our Bank’s internal correspondence & Call Details, Call Numbers, Call Durations, Mobile Nos. if any, If Mobile Call than Service Provider at that time of their Mobile/Cell Phones.

Sir, why I’m demanding All all minutest Details, b,coz Appellate Authority has not done According to BPS Rules prevailing at that time & thrown away my case & me by taking Laws in his/their hands.

I was not given Personal Hearing inspite of the Fact that he/she MUST have called me for Personal Hearing & thereafter he/she should have taken ultimate Decission within Time-frame. Not Calling me for Personal Hearing before Final Punishment seemed to condone PNB Mgmt. as a whole, a “few slaps” given to me & my Defence Representative. Defence Representative & I was tooooooo much shocked & I felt as if my Right to vote in an Parliamentary Election was taken away & I was prevented to cast my vote. What happened to RIGHT OF EQUALITY ? Is this person still in se rvice in PNB ? Who is He/she ? Whether PNB Higher Management taken any punitive Action Against him/hers ? If yes, which one ? If he/she is retired, his/her Pension was Stopped or Not ? Why ? Why no Departmental Inquiry/Action was taken ? Why he/she escaped ? What happened to Indian Legal System/Machinery ?

Only Big Officers are allowed to flee from their deeds punishing a totally Innocent Person & putting a FULL-STOP to his loyal 24 years’ service. I can give Names of my collegues who have taken wrong benefits in PNB Service & those who are Doing Up-Down from Ahmedabad To Limbdi Branch, Ahmedabad to Wadhwan Branch to Surendranagtationery, ar without taking Written Permission from Competent Authority being an Officer Scale -I , he is still enjoying all benefits, selling pen,pencils, Rubber Rings, making Stamps, selling staionery , selling Ballpen reffils, selling Pencil Sharpners to Bank Branches as if he has been given a written Contract by PNB. Making lot of long distance STD & local phone from Branch Phones innumerous times. A Mr. Bharatkumar Bhogilal Shah- A Special Assistance & honourarily Retired from PNB, Surendranagar Branch & still taking Pension & all Beam hainefits. He was not signing vouchers under his pover , so many vouchers, he has not signed during tenure of his Service Tenure at Surendranagar Branch of PNB. Looto Bhai Looto, jitna dam hai, utna looto. PNB Jindabad. He was not capable of writing three lines in Correct Hindi ( English is a dream for him ). He used to come to me when something to be written in Hindi. Are Bhaiya, Retire bhi ho gaya. Aur Ek tha Mahachor, Mr. Hareshkumar Jagjivan Shrimali, who was sacked from PNB. Are Bhaya, Haresh ne jarur koi Ghotala Bank mein kiya hoga. These are the Bitter tooooooooooo much bitter words , I hear day by day,rather Daily. I was given Appreciation Letter for my each & every Help in bringing our Surendranagar Branch fully Computorised. chhodo , wo to koi Pagal RM aa gaya hoga Rajkot RO mein . De diya hoga Certificate. To us se thoda Haresh Shrimali ko Clean Chit chahiye ?

An Officer Scale-I of Limbdi Branch threatened to CID/CBI People, he is reinstated. Wow. LOL.

Are Bhai, nobody is guilty until The Biggest Court , The Hon’ble Supreme Court Of India finally gives verdict against me. My in-laws were very wealthy, I cried & argued these real, factual, true points, facts at the time of my inquiry, but nobody taken care of my naked TRUTH. ” Bhagao is ko verna yehobara to hamari bhi pole khol dega, aisa moka kabhi nahi milega dobara. ”

….) My late Father-in-Law Mr. Nathalal Kadia was a retired Deputy Collector & was practising as a Lawyer at Ahmedabad since so many years before my Engagement with my late wife Alka. My Elder Sister-in-Law ( unmarried as of to-day also) is M.A., LLB, B.Ed. & took away my only, my only SON Kevin from my custody, eversince he was three & a half years’ old. My Eldest late Brother-in-Law was M.Sc., LLB , who involved & indulged falsely , is Original Complainant in my Criminal case. He was serving as clerk at SBI,his wife is still serving in BSNL. My Eldest SIL was married at Nadiad & having NO ISSUE till to-day. ( After more than 30 years’ married life ). Both of them & my late BIL & FIL took more interest of my only Son Kevin & were not giving back his Custody to me. I always prayed with my both Hands folded to give me my own son’s custody , I’ll keep him at Ahmedabad for his Better & Better Education & Welfare. I purchased a flat at Ahmedabad for that. My late Wife Alka was M.A. ( with Psychology ) & was serving as Mukhya Sevika at H.Q. Limbdi & other small villages.

I anm & my entire Family Members are innocent . The Criminal Case is totally an after-thought, vague, frivolous & to ruin our entire Family Members. I am a ALMIGHTY GOD fearing & my all family Members are GOD fearing , true & positive persons. Though, we are not Rich, we are poor, our Moral Value can not be measured in Rupees.

My True story is very very very long . Plz Help me out. God will Bless all Authorities who takes every needed step in helping me.

Regards…..?

Hareshkumar Shrimali

P.S. : Can I take more 1% ( or whatever ) in FDRs & all Deposits in PNB , in which Account , my name appears 1st ? Because, I’m Compulsorily Retired only Surendranagar Branch is ready to give me 1% additional counting me as Ex-Staff. I withdrew all my Deposits & Each & every pie of my relatives from Limbdi Branch. ‘coz PNB, Limbdi ( Gujarat) Branch counts me a Guilty person & not allowing me to be Ex-Staff . They are not giving me 1% more. They want me to produce a letter from Higher Authority stating me to be an Ex-Staff & All Benefits available to a NORMAL Ex-Staff , should be given to me also.

Hence, on this prestigious occassion, can I pray to Top-Most Highest Authority of Punjab National Bank to give me such letter in writing within a short period, or still War is war afterall. It’ll be continued till my Death.

Respectable Sir/s , kindly help me, I am resident of Ahmedabad.

P.S. : First of all, I want Certified Copies of letters written from my in-laws’ side/their Lawyer’s letters to terminate me from Bank Service.

Waiting for your Reply.

Sincerely Yours,

HARESHKUMAR SHRIMALI

HARESHKUMAR SHRIMALI

Apr 4 (2 days ago)

to akvyas, rticellho

Dear Sir, Date : 12-03-2013

The Scale – I Officer, who was narrated by me, in my earlier E-Mail To-Day, is Mr. Rajesh H. Shah, & he is honourably working at Ahmedabad Branch,

” I can give Names of my collegues who have taken wrong benefits in PNB Service & those who are Doing Up-Down from Ahmedabad To Limbdi Branch, Ahmedabad to Wadhwan Branch to Surendranagtationery, ar without taking Written Permission from Competent Authority being an Officer Scale -I , he is still enjoying all benefits, selling pen,pencils, Rubber Rings, making Stamps, selling staionery , selling Ballpen reffils, selling Pencil Sharpners to Bank Branches as if he has been given a written Contract by PNB. Making lot of long distance STD & local phone from Branch Phones innumerous times. He was & is in sher Bazaar ( Stock Exchange of India BSE & NSE ) sitting from Bank & from Bank Phone , involving a lot of uncountable, irretrieviable financial loss to the Bank as a whole. He is selling small small things to Branches & his son was preparing Bills from his computers sitting at his residence & Mr. Rajesh H. Shah was making so many Phone Calls from Branch in which he has served so far & was asking whether his such & such Rupee Bill has been passed yet or not. For this type of Confirmations, he used to call from PNB Branch Call/phone innumerous time & I am the Eye-witness for this matter. Another eye-witnesses may come forward or not , he/she/they can say my Challenge to ” NO ” , but YES I say ” YES YES YES YES YES . I’m the Eye-witness. He served at Wadhwan , Limbdi & Surendranagar Branches as Scale-I Officer & during all these long part of his career, he was doing up-down from Ahmedabad Daily , has he taken Written Permission from PNB Competent Authority yet ( till date ) ? Ask him , were all staff members & Manager & RMs were not aware of this Hard Facts? Has he not left HQ without taking written permission from Bank ? It’s a legal Move by Shri Rajesh H. Shah ? Why till to-day, he is not suspended ? He must have been terminated till now. If he is Suspended , still his association will pay him as per :
Officers under Suspension :

“Annual Entertainment Expenses limit of the officers under suspension is to be reduced, pro-rata, for the period of suspension. Entertainment expenses incurred during the period of suspension are not to be reimbursed. However, bills covering renewal subscription of Clubs/Association, relating to the period of suspension, if any, may be reimbursed.”

Will that Officer be suspended , who has not given me a chance for a Personal Hearing & not done according to First Inquiry’s Enquiry Officer’s Final Decission & taken lot of time wasting important Time without any valid, legal Reasons for delaying in giving me Final Decission ? Will he/she be suspended ? Kindly you are most most most Honourably requested to give me his Name in Full ( First Name, Middle Name, Last name ) his designation at that time & at this momeurent.

Mr. Himatlal B. Bhalgama, who was Honourably retired from Limbdi branch, as Special Assistant , for whom so many written Comuties, for whichplaints were lodged by shri Hitesh jani, when Shri Bhalgama was serving at Surendranagar Branch, even Mr. Hitesh Jani personally visited RM’s Office , Rajkot from his own earned Hard Money & met RM personally to suspend Shri Respected Mr. Himatlal B. Bhalgama. He was also indulging in Stock Market( selling & buying shares, in stead of doing Bank’s Duty, for which he was paid by Bank & he & his Entire Family was dependent. Will his Pension be stopped Permanently ? In stead of dismissing him altogather, he was promoted as Special Assistant . Waah . Kya Baat Kahi ? He was an Union Leader.

Has Courage in PNB Management to stop Pension & suspend & dismiss these notorious persons who has looted Bank’s money indirectly? Will PNB Management recover all money they had called from Bank Phone without any Bank’s Work ? I want all TRUE, Factual Answers within a Moervingnth’s time. Don’t compell me to file other RTIs . please please please please please . I pray all of you my Mai baap, with crying eyes, dismiss them & recover all Money , for which entire Amount he/she is liable for ?

Mr. Subhash Voh ra, a nearly connected person with PNB Management, was promoted as Scale-I Officer from Delhi & his wife was serving at IOB , Delhi Branch , after a few months, all of a sudden he fell ill & such ill that he had to be admitted in Delhi’s one of the leading Hospital & by help of this hospital’s Certificate our PNB Management had mercy on him transferred him from Surendranagar to a Delhi branch for some months only. But only GOD knows how he never came back to neither at Surendranagar Branch nor any other branch except Delhi. Please give me the Name/s with Designation who transfered Mr. Subhash Vohra & Complete Details of these Person/s as on to-day. I don’t want to run Legal Machinery, but if compelled, it’ll be done without fail. Jai Hind. Bharat Mata Ki Jay.

Truely Yours,

Hareshkumar Shrimali

24 UDAY May 6, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for sharing useful information.

I have PPF account with SBI account. I wanted to transfer this account from this branch to another branch but Bank people are telling this can’t be possible. Can i file RTI in this case? If not can you please tell me how can i transfer my PPF account from this branch to another branch?

UdayKrishna

25 Manish Chauhan May 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Yes, you can transfer PPF from one place to another . There is a form to be filled. I suggest you go to bank again and tell them you will file RTI on this and will also complain to banking ombudsman with the employee name who is not giving right info . He will surely move mountains to help you then ! trust me !

26 UDAY May 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Manish

27 Abhishek May 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Someone please tell me that can i have asked information to Indian Overseas Bank under RTI regarding Housing Loan Information in such manner that When and How Much Loan Bank has been issued and how much is still outstanding.

28 Manish Chauhan May 6, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Yes, you can file a RTI against them !

29 prasanna May 9, 2013 at 10:01 pm

want information regarding changes for locker in SBI do u have any information pls share or tell how to get it thro rti

30 Manish Chauhan May 10, 2013 at 3:05 pm

What do you mean by change of locker ? Is it same branch or different branch ?

31 Amit Gupta May 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Valuable information shared by you as always. Kudos to you to aware us about our rights. My father also opened a locker in SBI at my native place. The bank asked him to open a FD worth Rs 25000 for 3 years lock in period. My father already had a savings cum salary account in that bank for 30 years. As per your blog, I think they can’t charge more than 3 years locker fees + breaking charges ,etc. So is it possible for us to change the FD amount. What are the steps we can take if the bank refuses to do so? Thanks in advance.
Amit Gupta

32 Manish Chauhan May 25, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I guess its now very late . These things are done at the start, not in between, Let the FD be there :)

33 Rashmi July 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I have by mistake transffred money in wrong account. can I get account holder’saddress and phone number from bank by RTI

34 Manish Chauhan July 18, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I am not sure if RTI would cover this, because its more of the privacy thing for others . But you can always ask the bank to tell you about the name and account number where you transferred the money.

35 Saurya August 6, 2013 at 12:20 am

Dear Sir,
I need an information as one day came to know our Bank main branch is going to purchase a couple of desktop computers from a dealer so, as i also deal is computer so I rushed to bank and had a meet with the manager and offered him the 2,000/- below rates but the manager denied by saying that they used to deal directly with the company as i told that i am the direct dealer of the company but still he refuses to accept the quotation from me but after few days I came to know he purchased that from the pre decided dealer ,
So please tell me I want to file a RTI and what should be the steps and documents needed

36 Manish Chauhan August 9, 2013 at 10:54 am

If its a PSU bank , you can file a RTI and know about the transaction . JUst follow this template on this article – http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2012/03/rti-for-epf-withdrawal-or-transfer.html

37 R S SAJIKUMAR September 5, 2013 at 6:35 pm

some one tell me plese, how to apply RTI appliction agenst INDIAN OVERES BANK(IOB) regading IOB bank lost of my plot registion document.

38 Manish Chauhan September 7, 2013 at 12:59 pm
39 Raaj December 11, 2013 at 8:15 am

I need bank statement of my mother and brothers from Central Bank of India. The particular transactions were done in the year 1995. I need this information to build my case for matter relating to property dispute for which I need to file a case in the court of law. Is it possible?

Thanks a million for helping people out.

Raaj
Mumbai

40 Manish Chauhan December 12, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I think that should be possible if you still have the account !

41 Eshwar Molugu January 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I have a different issue with bank lockers.

My father have a locker in Canara Bank and it had been maintained from more than 10years. We had paid the locker fee till 2009 and have all the bills related to it. After that we didn’t touch the locker till now Dec 30 2013. We didnt paid the locker fee from 2010.

But surprisingly when we went to bank today(6th Jan 2014)to enquire about the locker , Bank people said that the locker was given to some other person from 2010 onwards. And we didn’t get any notice asking us to pay the fee of locker.

My question is
1) How can they give our locker to others without prior information to us ?
2) If at all they want to give to others they should have asked/send some notice to pay the fee right ?
3) Ok… assume they have given the locker to others but what about the things inside it. Will they take all the properties inside it? Is that correct?

Please respond as early as possible sir.

Eshwar Molugu

42 Manish Chauhan January 9, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Its more of service deficiency . Bank can not just give your locker to some one else without contacting u or for someother reason . Better file a RTI on this first and ask them reason . Also complain to banking ombudsman on this .

43 Eshwar Molugu January 13, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Thanks a lot Manish… Its a great help.. They said they will update us on Thursday and i will do the same

44 Manish Chauhan January 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Sure .. please do !

45 Eshwar Molugu January 16, 2014 at 7:57 pm

When i had raised my voice with respective words like Banking Ombudsman and RTI, the boll got rolling. They took almost a week after i spoke with them and got me with information
1) The locker is safely archived in a bundle.
2) We paid the locker breaking charges and annual fee with respect to banking rules to retrieve the items back.

Now, As i had read about the RBI Instructions regarding the breaking of lock, Here are the points i found
1) After due notice to Locker hirer clearly confirming in the notice that , they are going to break open the locker in case of no response from the locker herier with in specified time as mentioned in notice.
2) Generally the Lockers will be break opened on presentation of two witness officers of the bank and the valuables in the lockers will be packed in a sealed cover and stapled and will be stored separably .
3) Once after arrival of locker hirer/owner of valuables its duty of the bank to hand over the valuables to owner after under going all due diligence.

So with respective to the above guidelines proposed by RBI, I questioned Bank Manager, Genearl Manager and AGM, asking them to produce me the list of items they noted down while breaking the locker.
And they came with an answers like “May be the item list would be inside the packaged bundle.”

So my question is
1) “If the item list is inside the packaged bundle then i dont have any problem, But if the bundle have no item list inside it how should i handle the situation ?”
2) I was thinking the item list is mandatory when the locker is broken. Does my thinking makes sense or does the bank doesn’t write one(item list) as such.

Currently, they are ready to give the package bundle anytime but i am waiting for your reply on the item list
Can you please respond and suggest me ASAP as i am waiting for your reply to relieve my locker.

Eshwar Molugu

46 Manish Chauhan January 17, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Actually this has gone in so much detail :) . I have no idea at this level . Mostly all your items will be there in the bundle and it would surely not be lost . Also there is no list maintained at the time of keeping your items, so incase some thing is lost or not there, there is no way for you to claim it . However I think we should not discuss it at this point of time, first claim it back and see if you have all the things there which you had kept , mostly it should be there.

The more serious question you should ask the bank is why didnt they communicate on this and asked for you permission ? Then if you are not satisfied with bank response, then complain back to Banking ombudsman or RBI or consumer court !

47 Eshwar Molugu January 20, 2014 at 8:59 pm

We got our bundle with all the items in it and also there was a list explaining about every item. We were completely satisfied after getting the bundle and didn’t fight further for not sending notice.

If i wouldn’t have posted my problem in this forum i wouldn’t have known about Ombudsmen party at all. Thanks once again

:-)

Eshwar Molugu

48 Manish Chauhan January 20, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Thanks for updating this back and letting us know . I will now educate others on this , thanks to you !

49 Rahul Bansal January 28, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Is AXIS bank is PSU bank? Does it come under RTI?

50 Manish Chauhan January 28, 2014 at 1:32 pm

No It does not come under RTI , thats the reason in my last comment, I said you can tell them you will file a RTI to RBI asking them for rules etc. If it was a SBI bank or say BOB kind of banks, then you could have filed the RTI to them directly . That acts like a bramhastra to them !

51 Rahul Bansal January 28, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thanks for info.

Can I atleast ask AXIS bank to give me in writing about insurance-policy requirement for locker?

52 Manish Chauhan January 28, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Yes you can ask them, but I am sure they will not give it, because there is nothing like that :) . Its just a marketing gimmick and a way to put pressure . Tell them that if they take away your locker, you will reach to banking ombudsman on this and claim for the harrassment charges . Also I suggest anyways you can file a RTI right away to RBI and show them a copy, they will come in front of you next time , I believe .

53 Rahul Bansal January 28, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for guidance. I think its better to have RTI reply from RBI handy before they starts irritating me again.

54 Shanku Dutta February 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I am Sri. Shanku Dutta , I was sent a RTI application to The Principal Public Information officer, Legal Department, United Bank of India,9th Floor, United Tower,11 Hemanta Basu Sarani,Kolkata-01, dated on 18.11.2013 along with application fee of Rs.10/- by Indian Postal Order SL/No- 16F 556997. In favor of The Principal Public Information officer for my account information relating to payment of Reinvestment certificate A/C no – 1960/15/97 and Reinvestment certificate A/C no-961/15/97.maintained at Siliguri Branch UBI Bank under the RTI Act.2005. After few days I received a letter Ref. H.O./LD/RIA/398/13 /2013 dated on 27 November 2013 and advise me to correspondence directly with the Regional Public Information officer. North Bengal Region, I was sent letter for corresponding directly with The Regional Public Information officer. North Bengal Region. but no any reply from their region yet.
Therefore ,I am complain to G.M.(U.B.I) & The Banking Ombudsman (R.B.I) for look into the matter and take necessary action as provided under the Right to Information Act.2005.
if no reply of my complain letter then how can i do ? please help me.

Shanku Dutta

55 Manish Chauhan February 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Hi Shanku

If there is no reply back, you need to then put a first appeal for that under RTI and then second appeal

56 Rajesh Ohri May 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

I would like to have the information about the locker and its details that my grandparents had with PNB. What is the procdure for it under RTI.

Rajesh Ohri

57 Manish Chauhan May 29, 2014 at 10:00 am

Rajesh

RTI is only to get info .. if you want to open a locker, better meet the bank officials, they will help you !

58 rajeev nayan June 28, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I hope you can help me with this..
Here is the thing..I had taken an education loan in 2009 (4 lakhs).Repayment was to start after one year of course complete.i.e 2013 june.
I went to the bank in july and asked about how to repay.They told me that i need to repay 13000 monthly for next 60 months.(i.e total of 7 ,80,000 for 4 lakhs).I was confused and since i didn’t have time i started paying 13000 every month.
Now this year our Finance Minister revealed the budget and accordingly all the interest from 2009 to 2014 january was to be forgiven. Now when i go to the bank to ask about it,They are saying that they have not got any written letters yet and can not be done anything.
Please give me advice what do i need to do regarding this.

59 Manish Chauhan July 3, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Even though it has been announced, there might be many fine prints to it . and it takes time to reach banks . So better pursue the matter and if needed reach to banking ombudsman on this

60 rajesh chauhan July 14, 2014 at 2:57 pm

hi,
my name is rajesh chauhan n i have a flat at nalla sopara in mumbai.we had decided to sell the same.one lady name Mrs.Pratidya surve she had approached to us n ready to buy the same flat on housing loan.she was working in massage parlour and her loan was sanctioned of Rs.1300,000/-(thirteen lacs) our agreement of sale of Rs.1860000/- i have qery that a massage lady worker how the housing loan sanctioned.plz kindly me out for the same because i m in trouble and i have to find out that on what basis she got the loan?so how can i found it and how can i file a case on her?

61 rajesh chauhan July 14, 2014 at 5:06 pm

hi,
my name is rajesh chauhan n i had a flat at nalla sopara(e) address-B-WING,R.NO.407,SHIV SHYADRI SOC,NEAR SANGAM MEDICAL,ANCHOLE ROAD,NALA SOPARA(E) Dist- THANE.we had decided to sell the same.one lady name Mrs.Pratidya surve she had approached to us n ready to buy the same flat on housing loan.she was working in massage parlour and her loan was sanctioned of Rs.1300,000/-(thirteen lacs) our agreement of sale of Rs.1860000/- i have a query that a massage lady worker how the housing loan sanctioned. plz kindly help me out for the same because i m in trouble and i have to find out that on what basis she got the loan? so how can i found it and how can i file a case on her?
She had paid the half amount and now Rs.165,000/- is left from her and she had given me in writing on the Rs.100/- BOND PAPER that she will pay the same amount within 14 months and now her 14 months is over and it is more than 16 months and she is denying to pay the same amount.
I had approached to the POLICE STATION at nalla sopara(w) the officer incharge denying to reistered FIR against the same and advice to FILE a FRAUD/ CHEATING CASE at VASAI COURT.I don’t understand that how I can file a case against her? And how I can recover my Rs.165,000/- from that lady.

Rajesh Chauhan

62 Manish Chauhan September 21, 2014 at 8:30 pm

First thing is she can get a loan if she is earning well , why cant she get it ?

Coming to your FIR thing , why the police officer is not registering complaint ? Whats the reason ?

63 chaitanya_R August 29, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Hi Manish / All
I have a home loan with bank of maharashtra and bank did insurance on their own without informing me.
Further they added this premium amount to my principal.
so after almost two years my principal has come down by only 20 thousand.

Can I file RTI for this ?
Can I sue bank for this action ?
any other legal action I can take for this

please share

64 Manish Chauhan September 20, 2014 at 4:11 pm

You can sue them but only if you never allowed them for what they did .generally banks take your signatures on the documents and if you gave it, then how will you prove that you didnt read things and sign

65 SALMAN MANSUR September 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm

1. My father was getting from SBI barnch Sultanganj Bihar on account of State Govt employee. He expired on 20 Apr 13.
2. For family pension, my mother contacted to branch manager and opened an account in the same branch.
3. But the pension papers was returned back stating reason that there is a difference in the name quoted in pension book and account holder in the month of Sep 13.
4. After rectifying the name in bank account, copy of passbook was resubmitted to the branch.
5. Till date, 3 times the documents have been forwarded to pension department but the same returns back to the branch quoting the following remarks:-
(i) Thumb impression not found.
(ii) Difference in name and of same natures.
Clerk of the pension department in SBI is not attaining and always tells your job will be done within 2 months but its more than 18 months, pension has not been started.
Bank staff always tells that they have submitted the documents but does not provide the details of submission and reason for return back.
Sir, kindly guide me how to overcome this issue and what should i do so as to start my mother’s family pension at the earliest.
Thanking you.