CIBIL marketplace – Get Customised loan offers based your credit score

CIBIL has introduced a new facility called “Cibil Marketplace“, which will act like a portal where a person can get customized loan and credit card offers based on his cibil score. Right now, what happens is – when a person applies for some kind of loan or a credit card, the lending institution checks his credit report and credit score and based on their internal criteria and rules, reject or accept the application and move to the next step .

cibil marketplace enter data

How does CIBIL marketplace work?

With CIBIL marketplace, the whole process is reversed. Here, you can find out which lending institutions are ready to give you different kind of loans, interest rates and other conditions based on your credit score. So a lot of lenders will participate in the cibil marketplace and will give their criteria and checklist, like what kind of customer they would like to offer loans. For example – A lender can say that they are ready to give Car loan @13% interest rate to a person having cibil score between 700-800 and @12% if cibil score is more than 800 . Thats one example .

Another lender can say that he is ready to give home loan to people who have credit score below 700 score, but on a condition that he should be working in a software job, however the interest rate would be as high as 15% – this is just an example of how it might look like. So this is how all the lenders will give their own criteria and when you enter the market place, after the filtering you will be shown only those lenders and loan offers which are exactly for your profile. So if you want to increase the number of loan offers, you need to improve your cibil score for that.

Right now the CIBIL marketplace is started with only Credit Cards. But very soon, you will see Home loans, Auto Loans, Personal Loans and even Business Loans on the portal. Just wait for some time or the next update from CIBIL on this.

How to Apply for Loan with CIBIL marketplace ?

Step 1 : You need to first visit Cibil Marketplace website. When you go there you need to fill in two information.

Step 2 : You need to enter your Control Number (which is 9 digit number that is mentioned at the top right of the CIBIL report) and your latest Credit Score, which should be maximum 2 months old. That means, if you had applied for a credit score long back (more than 2 months back) , you will not be able to use that data to enter CIBIL marketplace. You will first have to apply for a latest cibil score (You can get your cibil score online) and only then you will be able to enter the marketplace. One reason for this is that, cibil score and report keeps getting changed each month when banks update the customers information with CIBIL. So ideally if you know control number and cibil score of some other person, you can enter the cibil marketplace with that information and see all the data . Therefore make sure you dont share this data with anyone whom you dont rely.

cibil marketplace enter data

Step 3 : The next step is to go inside the marketplace. You can see different kind of loans section and how many lenders are ready to lend you in each section. For example you can see that only 1 lender is interested to lend in this example and that’s “credit card” section . As of now, only credit cards are offered as this is new facility. But in future you can see more lenders in different sections. All you need to do here is click on the kind of loan you want.

cibil marketplace enter data

Step 4 : After you choose the section, you can see the list of all the lenders individually with some information like Tentative Credit Limit offer, interest rate, fees, charges and other information. You can click on “Apply” button and instantly a small box will appear where you can apply for the loan there itself. Now this will be a kind of pre-approved loan because this is customized to your cibil score, but the next step will be the documentation check, which is part of the check in general . For those who would like to learn more about CIBIL and Credit Score etc, there is a detailed 40 min video course on our Wealth Club.

cibil marketplace enter data

So these are the 4 steps you need to do to take the benefit of CIBIL marketplace.

Few Important Points related to Cibil MarketPlace

• You can choose only one offer in each category
  • While purchasing your CIBIL TransUnion Score (and CIR), please make sure you fill up your income details accurately. As this will ensure the offers that are displayed in your Market Place are the ones you are eligible for. Any incorrect income detail will mean incorrect offer eligibility and can be rejected by the lender at the time of verification.
  • It also depends how many lenders choose to participate in CIBIL marketplace. There might be lenders who choose not to.
  • Once you have selected an offer then the respective lender will get in touch with you. Please ensure the details entered by you in the CIBIL TransUnion Score (including CIR) purchase form is accurate. This will enable the lender to respond to you at the earliest. You can also provide alternate contact details while selecting and confirming the offer in the CIBIL Market Place.

Who will benefit with Cibil Marketplace ?

CIBIL marketplace is an innovative platform and will also be helpful to those people who have low cibil score and a bad credit report , but still want to go for some kind of loan, even if it means on certain terms and conditions. It may be the case that they might pay a little more interest, but that would be better than not getting loan at all. This platform might also be the first step in providing incentive to those customers who have excellent cibil score. They might get loads of loan offers from lenders with lower interest rates compared to normal customer. Only the time will tell how this platform will evolve.

Let us know what do think about CIBIL marketplace and is it useful for you ?

1 hari December 3, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hey manish,

Fantastic article.However I have got a question.Do you have any affiliation with CIBIL.Anyways whatever be the answer can you pl add an disclosure if you are an affiliate.

Hari.

2 Manish Chauhan December 3, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Hari

Thanks for appreciation . What do you mean by affiliate and how will it add if I add a disclosure for the reader , I mean what I am and what if I am not , how is it going to change any steps for readers ?

3 hari December 3, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Sorry if you offended . The question was due you get paid if someone accesses the CIBIL score mentioning you as an reference(affiliate) .If you add an disclosure when you review an financial product saying that you have/dont have a link it improves your credibility and makes the user make a informed decision.

Anyways my view and no offence intended.

-Hari

4 sandhu b March 11, 2013 at 10:31 pm

mister hari
do not worry
let us learn
and enjoy LAL PURREY ( whisky)
this site has enhanced our fianacial knowledge
thanks the creater, Mr Manish, the Masiha

5 Ashal Jauhari March 12, 2013 at 12:23 am

Dear Bhushan, here lies the problem. We (Manish, Nandish, Ashal, Ramesh,Pattu…..), are ordinary people & do not hold any intention to become Masiha or something like that. We are happy to help all of you. Now it’s your turn to help others either by spreading knowledge or bringing here to JI site.

Ashal

6 Pankaj March 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Thanks for the article Manish…

CIBIL Marketplace is a good initiative and its definitely useful. Some 1.5 months back I have got Indusind Bank Credit Card which I applied via CIBIL. The process of card issuance thru this route was smooth, faster and hassle free as compared to normal application. Wish soon CIBIL have more lenders offering their products on Marketplace.

Thanks for the educating financially illiterate soul like me. Since 2011 I started reading your blog and now I call myself financially enlightened… All thanks to you and team Jago Investor :)

Keep writing!

7 Manish Chauhan March 13, 2013 at 11:23 am

Thanks a lot for appreciation :)

8 kumar January 3, 2014 at 6:06 am

Hey Pankaj, What was your score and how long it took for them to provide.

9 Kumar January 6, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Hey Pankaj, What was your score and how long it took for them to provide ?

10 Pankaj January 7, 2014 at 10:45 am

@ Kumar,

In Jan 2013 My CIBIL Transunion score was 800; and I applied for Indusind CC thru Market place. The card was issued to me within 20-25 days of my application.

11 helloraghav March 12, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Bankbazaar has been running a credit / loan marketplace for so many years now. In fact, they offer more loan products than CIBIL. No innovation here by CIBIL. Not sure if its a good move for a objective credit score provider to double as a broker for credit / loan products. Isn’t there a conflict of interest? As a marketplace, you want to process as many applications as possible, but as a credit score provider you should provide impartial score of the credit seeker that is to be used by the banks.

12 Manish Chauhan March 13, 2013 at 10:59 am

I am not sure from where biasness is coming here ? Providing score and report is one part and having a service where a person can enter his score and see which all lenders are ready to lend him on the basis of his situation . How does biasness come into picture ? Can you explain ?

13 keshavnad March 15, 2013 at 3:35 pm

superb article sir……. will definitely throw middle man out of the scene in case of business loan and unsecured loan.
Waiting eagerly for the process to start.

14 Roy Smith March 18, 2013 at 4:28 pm

The CIBIL stands for Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited. It is 3 digit numeric summary of a person credit history which indicates the health of his/her financial & credit history. The Score is derived from the credit history as mentioned in the Credit Information Report [CIR] and its range is from 300 to 900 points. The credit score tells the Banks/lender how likely the person is to pay back loan or credit card dues based on his past repayment behavior. The higher your score, the more the chance of your loan application getting approved!

15 Manish Chauhan March 19, 2013 at 10:45 am

Thanks for your comment Roy

16 Hemant April 13, 2013 at 2:55 am

I have a question here.. Does the loan offers shows up considering only theTransunion Score or entire credit history of the person? If a person has a good CIBIL score say 800 but has been a loan defaulter(has settled his loan etc) in past, so will the offers available in CIBIL marketplace portal will appear after considering this too? Or despite the good credit score they might reject the loan application for the defaulters?

17 Manish Chauhan April 19, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Everything considers your score + report .

18 Gowrishankar April 27, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Hi Manish, My score is 801. I am trying for home loan. When I check marketplace I found only one lender ready to provide loan for me. Is this score not enough to get home loan from SBI or any other low interest rate lender?

19 Manish Chauhan May 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

First point is that its a new thing , so not all lenders are using it . Also there might be other criteria’s which they would need .

20 chethan May 15, 2013 at 3:19 am

manisha i have question i have an add on credit card under my father’s credit card these days due to some issues he is unable to pay on time does it effect my cibil report????

21 Manish Chauhan May 18, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Definately it does :)

22 chethan May 18, 2013 at 1:46 pm

thanks bro.when i called the bank they said it effects only my dads report.

23 sunitha May 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I have a bad cibil score. and settled alomst of all my credit cards and loans, but for 1, which is running currently. I heard, if the loans “Settled” i will not get further loan in Cibil market place or outside. They said, I should have taken re-payment option rather. Is that true? I am plannign to buy a property now, and hence looking for a loan badly. Please advise.

24 Manish Chauhan May 25, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I dont think it will be easy for you , first you need to clear it all and only then you can get another one !

25 christopher August 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Hi. If u r in chennai and ur cibil score is below 700. Then just reply me. i can help u.

26 Manish Chauhan August 12, 2013 at 2:31 pm

How can you help ?

27 christopher August 12, 2013 at 8:25 pm

im working in a bank. There cibil score 650 is the minimum one.

28 Raju August 21, 2013 at 1:28 am

Hi Christopher,

I am raju residing in Chennai my CIBIL score is 732 could you please help me to get personal loan in any bank.You can send your details to mentioned mail id i will contact u.

29 gabriel saxon May 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm

hi manish,

im really looking for your help here

i live in dubai with my family and we are planning to take nri home loan to purchase a flat in my wife name,i spoke with a bank representative and at the end of the call he simply asked whether she had any bad loan history coz bank will take the credit report, and i said “no” even i know that she had one auto loan and two personnel loans five years back and all three were totally messed up and finally auto loan was settled and about personnel loans, i dont know we actually never heard from them maybe they got sick with me

im sure that her credit report will be bad..so my doubts are

1)This defaulted loans was before our marriage, she now carries my name as her sur name,so now her surname and adress is changed in passport and all other documents asked for loan application is in her new name and address,(apart from the fathers name ie,previous surname mentioned in her passport) will that help?

2) what all applicant details will the bank use to pull the credit report from cibil?

please help me we this,

regards
saxon

30 Manish Chauhan May 25, 2013 at 6:23 pm

They will ask for PAN card and Passport number or some other think with which she can be identified . Now if she is identified as the same person ,then surely her CIBIL report is messed up and she wont get a loan and if you are taking her as coapplicant or main applicant, she will not get it .

31 Gourab Chatterjee May 27, 2013 at 2:49 pm

I am the director of SmartVisionexperts which basically revolves around ensuring financial freedom for all my clients and followers.

Read couple of documents in your website.

Would you mind, if i direct people to go through your blogs / messages etc. My ultimate goal is to make everyone aware of all these things.

Loans / CCs / Home Loans looks lucrative..but people should know how to handle it.

You are definitely doing a great job by making everyone aware…There are few which even I wasn’t fully aware…

Lemme know your thoughts friend.

32 Manish Chauhan May 27, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Yea Gourab

Please ask people to visit our site and learn more ;)

33 Manish Chauhan June 1, 2013 at 9:41 am

Yes, please direct more and more people to this website :)

34 Rahul May 31, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Another clarification. Say a person is making Rs. 1000 purchase every month on his card. And his card statement for:
Jan says – Total Due 1000; Min Due 50
Payment made on this statement – Rs 500

Feb says – Total due 1600; min due 80 (total due = 1000 + 500 (previous due) + 100 (interest, say)
Payment made on this statement – Rs 600

Mar says – Total due 2150; min due 110 (total due = 1000 + 1000 (previous due) + 150 (interest, say)
Payment made on this statement – Rs 600

Now will the DPD be considered on the revolving credit per month/statement (or) the entire outstanding irrespective of months?
In the above case, the due from Jan has passed onto Feb (Rs. 500) and has been cleared in March buy the payment of Rs. 600. However, if you look at the entire cycle, credit has been passing on to following months.

Now should the DPD be:

Jan-0; Feb-30; Mar-0; Apr-30
or will it be
Jan-0; Feb-30; Mar-60; Apr-90

I know that my questions are too exhaustive but your knowledge is very enlighting. I just want to extract the best out of your expertise so that I can educate most of my frends, who dont know the head and tail going on their monthly statements.

Thank you again and trust me… you and your team is doing a very very fabulous job.

We really appreciate your efforts…!!

35 Manish Chauhan May 31, 2013 at 4:01 pm

It will be for full outstanding balance. Its like how many months of debt you have not cleared 100% . Even if you pay 95% , you are defaulter !

36 prakash s July 7, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Hi… i cleared all my personal loan,credit card and car loan thru settlement. iam working in dubai for more than 4 yrs..now iam looking for NRI Home Loan…
whether i will get home loan …pls clarify me…

37 Manish Chauhan July 15, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Its going to be tough for you . As per my epxerience, if you have gone for settlement , companies reject your application by even looking at it !

38 john July 7, 2013 at 8:18 pm

i bouth my CIR and the SCORE says 829, but there is a credid card non payment for past 7 years back which is available in my report .if i go thorugh CIBIL Market place can i get a CreditCard ? When i login in market place i see indusland is having an offer..my concern is if i apply will it get Rejected ?

couple of months back i applied for a carloan and its got rejected ..

i would like to know if i go throguh cibil market place can i get a CreditCard ?

your suggestions grealty appreciated

39 Manish Chauhan July 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Even if market place is saying there is an offer, all it means is that you qualify as per their critieria , They will still look at your report and I think it will be rejected. The only thing you can do now is get rid of that 7 yr old debt

40 Praveen July 12, 2013 at 10:50 am

I have planning for applying for a personal loan but I have to clarify
an issue before applying i.e. I have missed 2 EMI (@ Rs.6039) w.r.t to my auto loan @SBI and I was having an overdue of Rs.12078. I have
transferred Rs.4411 on 22.06.13, on 24.06.13 Rs.1200 and on 06.07.13 Rs.6467 which is a total of Rs.12078.

Will you please let me know if I can apply for the loan now as I don’t have any over dues now ( please check my attached statement ). It will
be appreciated if you can suggest me in this issue and also please suggest me if I have to do something for a getting a personal loan.

41 Manish Chauhan July 15, 2013 at 1:24 pm

First you need to have everything cleared, but if your history is there for non-payment , then bank can reject your loan on that basis .

42 Vikram July 19, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hi Manish, Glad to find your website. Great information.

Question: How do I get a credit card?

Scenario: I had settled all my credit cards. Although after which I had applied for a car loan and it went through and the loan is cleared now after 5 years without any blemishes. I have already been rejected by most banks for a credit card, but it seems when it comes to other products like loans I am ok for them. I have a credit score of 852.

Please advise.

43 Manish Chauhan July 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Not sure . do you meet their criteria for credit card, I mean income wise ?

44 Vikram July 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Hi Manish, Thanks for your prompt answer.

Yes, I do qualify in regards to the income criteria.

45 Vikram July 20, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Just wondering, credit score of 852 is decent right. Why would i have a credit score of 852 when i settled my previous credit cards. I mean it defies the whole purpose of the credit system, isnt it?

46 Manish Chauhan July 29, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Is it reported in your credit report ? Can you see it ?

47 Praveen August 10, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Hello all
please dont believe IndusInd Bank even it is mentioned marketplace that IndusInd Bank will provide for a particular. And also there wont be a good communication with in there bank itself. Please dont apply for credit card or any laons by IndusInd bank.

48 Manish Chauhan August 12, 2013 at 2:34 pm

thanks for sharing your experience !

49 PRAVEEN KUMAR August 16, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hi sir I have a small doubt, there is a credit card on my name which was taken on my name without my knowledge by one of my cousin who used to work with Barclays Credit Card Company at that time& was also a freelancer for some other banks. So at that time (2008) I signed few personal loan forms with him & which I took it for my personal purpose, but I was not aware that I also signed a form which was for Barclays Credit card and which was used by my cousin. All this matter came to lime light recently only when I re applied for credit card & home loan, both got rejected because of poor credit score (573), we had a big fight in our family, finally he agreed to return the actual amount of the credit card which was Rs.23000 at that time, but now in my cibil report it showing as Rs.44000 amount due. Now it’s my headache to clear my cibil report, so I’m ready to pay remaining amount due from my pocket. Now the problem is that Barclays CC company got shut down. When I google it I came to know that they have sold all the account to 3rd party collections & the name of the company is PHOENIX ARC (which belongs to kotek Mahindra bank). Now in my cibil report 1st PAGE showing as-
MEMBERN NAME- PHOENIX ARC, DATE OPENED- 22-01-2008, CREDIT LIMIT-Rs,23,000, CURRENT BALANCE- Rs,44,604, AMOUNT OVER DUE- Rs,44,604. STATUS- NO SUIT FILED ACCOUNT PURCHASED.
ON 2ND PAGE MEMBERN NAME- BARCLAYS BANK, DATE OPENED- 22-01-2008, CREDIT LIMIT-Rs,23,000,CURRENT BALANCE- Rs,0, AMOUNT OVER DUE- Rs,0. STATUS- WRITTEN OFF & ACCOUNT SOLD. BUT Both the account numbers are different.
Are they different accounts or both are one account, bit confuse about it. now when I am ready to pay off the balance, what precautions I need to take before making the payment and what documents should I ask them in written that there is no due with them. I also came to know that if there is written off or suit filed I won’t be eligible to get a loan, is that true? If it’s true what letter should I ask them keep my cibil report clean. Please help me because recently one person approached me that he would clear the cibil report & also help me in settling the credit card amount for lesser amount, for which he also took Rs,5,000 as advance to pay the lawyer fee. It seems i’m getting cheated in every step. Kindly please help no one there to guide me.

50 Manish Chauhan August 21, 2013 at 2:03 pm

You might be getting cheated again and again, becasue you are in RUSH !

Slow down . First contact this new company and first check with them about the status of your pending dues. Once they acknowledge that they are the one who have your account. check with them, how to clear it off and will they update the status on CIBIL ?

If yes, then move ahead .

51 PRAVEEN KUMAR August 26, 2013 at 6:55 pm

thank you so much for your valuable suggestion, sir the only reason behind rush is that i want to pay off this amount due as soon as possible,so that i can improve my CIBIL Score. i really don’t know how much time will it take for my CIBIL Score look better,but i’m thinking may be within a year. don’t have much knowledge that’s why going with tough time sir. one more question say suppose if i contact the Phoenix ARC (recovery team), & suppose if they say both BARCLAY’S C.CARD & PHOENIX ARC are one account, how should i approach them i means to say, in the beginning itself should i inform them that i am ready to pay off the entire balance or should i ask for settlement on the account. suppose if i go with the settlement, will i be eligible to get future loans?????
Suppose i go with full payment, apart from NO DUE CERTIFICATE, what else should i ask them in written to make my Cibil record clean & clear. and or should i ask them one more NO DUE CERTIFICATE on BARCLAYS LETTER HEAD.
please help me sir.

52 Manish Chauhan August 28, 2013 at 10:55 pm

First you should check with them if they are responsible for all the loans which were written off by Barclays . Also tell them that you are ready to pay the dues and settle the matter PROVIDED they make sense to you . I am sure they will support you because that also means some recovery for them.

The sad part is that you should not expect a QUICK recovery. Once they make the changes in CIBIL , it will take some good time for the report to get clean and your score to get better.

Make the payment only when they are ready to give you NOC and also a clearly worded letter saying that they will update things with CIBIL within a month

53 Rajiv Nischal October 26, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Hi Manish, I just purchased my CIBIL report again and the score has improved from 629 to 825. CIBIL Market place – offering amex credit card with annual fees of INR500. Even though the score is decent now however, there is one credit card settled, 2 closed but payment default still reflects. In this scenario will it be advisable to apply for this Amex card as if it wil rejected will it again be considered as a enquiry which affects the cibil score again. can u assit ?

54 Rajiv Nischal October 26, 2013 at 10:32 pm

also, last time when i purcased the cibil in march, the loan details were till Dec 2012 and when i purchased this time in october 2 – 3 days back it is updated till march 2012. do i again have to chase my lenders of home loan (axis Bank) and ICICI (for which i have a instant credit card against a FD) to update my CIBIL?

55 Manish Chauhan November 4, 2013 at 11:47 am

I still feel you should get a secured credit card against a FD !

56 Sridhar Sahoo September 14, 2013 at 10:34 pm

The CIBIL market place is of no use.Here is my experience. I had a very bad credit report. Back in 2008 i was going through a very bad financial condition and settled few credit card and personal loan. in 2011 My CIBIL score had gone down to 545. I tried to clear dues of credit card an loan and i had one personal loan coninuing for which i was paying EMI in time. Toward end of 2012 i check the score again and it was 749. quite good improvement. When i learned about the CIBIL market place last month i though to get the score again and bought the score. This time it was 792.When i checked the market place there are couple of Credit card, personal loan and home loan offer for me. I applied for Indus Ind credit card. The very next day i got a call from bank guy and he came to collect my documents and said as your case has directly come from CIBIL market place its type of pre approved card and you will get the card very soon. I had all the proper document and have a good monthly income. But to my surprise my card got rejected. So i think there is nothing in this market place offer.Its totally depends upon the bank.

57 Manish Chauhan September 17, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure this marketplace is a primilinary level check and once you apply, the further detailed checking is done !

58 Rajesh T September 27, 2013 at 7:28 pm

I am having a credit score of 865 and under the markt place, I have been offered Personal/Housing Loans which is not my current requirement. I am looking for the credit card offer which is not being offered in the market place. Previously I have appled for credit card but not granted by the banks.

59 Manish Chauhan September 30, 2013 at 8:54 am

So what is your question ?

60 Samar October 14, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I have been working in improving my score from more than a year and just today got updated score as 769. It was less than 500 earlier and I just have a home loan which is re-payed normally since past 2 years now. I dont have any credit cards or PL right now.

CIBIL Market place has 2 offers from Indusind back, one for a PL and other for credit card.

Please advice, should I apply right now or will it be better if I wait few more days to improve score beyond 800?

I am just being very cautions and I do not want to screw up again on my cibil score with another rejection.

61 Manish Chauhan October 18, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I think you are going correct ! . Just keep going like this

62 D P SURESH November 12, 2013 at 11:28 am

Sir, I have received the Cibil Credit Information Report(CIR) just now. I was informed by one of the Finance Company that my Cibil Score is 00753. Based on this I tried to log into the Cibil Market Place, but unable to do so. Could you kindly let me know what should I do to get entry into the Cibil Market Place. This is because I am interested to procure a CREDIT CARD immediately for my use.

KINDLY REPLY TO MY QUERY IMMEDIATELY VIA MY EMAIL ID or in the alternate kindly get in touch with me in my Mobile No.9677093912

Thanks and kind Regards

SURESH

D.P.SURESH
CHENNAI

63 Manish Chauhan November 12, 2013 at 5:36 pm

You can see that you have to mention a number which is there on your report . Did you put that number ?

64 Kumar January 3, 2014 at 6:18 am

Sharing my case here, There is a bank in my Cibil Report. Account is normally closed with no status , and they have stopped sending any update to Cibil also , i see last update by them on 11-2009. but in last DPD it’s 180 rather 000 or XXX.
However , i don’t see this case with other bank memeber in CIBIL.
Also this one is not impacting on score.
I have raised Dispute with CIBIL too , but they didn’t get any update from BANK.
Any advice.

65 Manish Chauhan January 4, 2014 at 11:11 am

Is your Account closed with them ? Or the loan closed with them, because as my understanding, things are updated only for “Active” accounts

66 Arif Kasmani February 2, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I am working with Bank of America from last 8 years and my salary is 40000, but when ever i apply for a loan my loan gets rejected due to cibil problems, i have settled 2 personal loans as well as 4 credit cards, i am having all the settlement letters with me, 2 months back i pulled my cibil report and the score was 750. All the accounts were reflecting in that credit report and 1 account was showing as Write Off. could you please help how do i get a personal loan.

67 Manish Chauhan February 3, 2014 at 5:33 pm

thats the problem ! .. I assume that when you say you settled the loan , you mean you paid less than outstanding (settlement) . Thats something you need to fix – I suggest you read this – http://www.jagoinvestor.com/2012/01/cibil-credit-report-mistakes-correction-steps.html

68 Arun February 6, 2014 at 4:41 pm

You are doing a wonderul job here for enlightening so many people who are not aware of these things.

My question is, I had a personal loan with a bank which was showing as ‘Written Off” with some X amt in my previous CIBIL report in 2012 with 640 score. I cleared the amount in the same year (2012) and got the loan account closed.

Now I just extracted the latest CIBIL report and found my score to be 823 with no loans / credit cards due..but the DPD of the closed loan account has impacted.

Now am in need of PL. Will my latest CIBIL report with 823 score along with bad DPD make me eligible for loans.? please advice as i dont want to take any chances of “Rejection” again since it took more than 2 yrs to maintain a clean record.

Thanks in advance.

69 Manish Chauhan February 14, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Hi Arun

YOu can never guarantee a rejection. I think when you apply for loan, just talk to the agent about it and tell him that you do not want any rejections, he should be able to give his views on this topic

70 manjunatha c March 28, 2014 at 5:42 pm

hi my cibil score is 804 is it good or bad i am having gold loans

71 Krish May 7, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I have 3/4 credit cards with settled / write off status, but my score is 789. When I applied through cibil marketplace, my application got rejected. What could be reasons behind rejecting my application?

72 Manish Chauhan May 7, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Forget score .. its of no use unless your credit report remarks are cleaner .. Your applications are rejected, because your report contains all your history !

73 Krish May 7, 2014 at 3:33 pm

But, I am getting consumer loan / personal loan from Bajaj Finserve

74 Niraj July 18, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Has it been started for home loan, because it shows 0 in home loan offer. My score is 769. Pls reply.