Yes ! – You can withdraw your EPF without Employer Signature

Do you know how to withdraw your EPF without Employer Signature ? Do you think if its possible at all ? Is your previous employer not signing your EPF Withdrawal documents? Have you left your company long back and now you can not take your past employer signatures ? Or is your EPF company stuck because your employer is not supporting you or helping you in withdrawal procedure ? Or it might happen that your employer relations with you mess up for some reason and now they are not ready to cooperate in the EPF withdrawal procedure and threatening you? Here are 2 real life examples of these kind of situation

Case 1 : Priyanka was also stuck with a company which was shut down and her PF was stuck

The last company i was working with has been shut down. Now I need to withdraw my EPF, however I am not getting any help from the company. I have tried to contact the GM – HR and the CA but no response. As the sum is huge, I am worried if I will be able to withdraw the amount without company’s approval or authorized signature. The full and final settlement has been closed and relieving letter has been issued by the company. Please advise how should i go about in this case.

Case 2 : Ramz was also facing similar issue but here employer was not supporting the employee for EPF withdrawal

One of my friend was in a similar situation few months back. I have pay slip but no relieving letter. When contacted with the finance dept, I was told that I cannot get the epf amount as I have not got the relieving letter. The amount will not be released by them even though an epf amount is mentioned in pay slip. He was asked to pay the amount for serving period of two months and then get relieving certificate and later only will they release the funds for epf account.

Now the question. Can one withdraw his EPF without the support of his past employer signatures or support ? Yes ! – There is a solution! .

Today we will discuss, how you can withdraw your Employee Provident Fund money without your past employer’s help. A lot of people feel that it’s not possible without employer involvement, but it’s not true! Let me start by sharing a bit about this.

Withdraw Employee Providend Fund without Employer Intervention

Employer can not control EPF money

Each month employer takes the EPF part, out of your salary and along with their contribution, deposit it into your EPF account with the EPFO organisation. Once they deposit it with EPF office, then it’s just your money and no one else’s. Your employer can not control it. However note, that your employer’s signatures are required on the EPF withdrawal form, to certify that you are not employed with them anymore and now you can withdraw the EPF.

A lot of people leave their jobs without serving the notice period or because of some other issue and employers do not help them to claim their Provident Fund money. Here is one instance on our Jagoinvestor Forum

I worked in a company in 2009 for few months. I had some issues with them and resigned from that company. I did not get any relieving order. All I have is my salary slip which has PF account no. Is it possible to get back the PF amount without the permission/notice to the previous employer which I worked ?

3 steps to withdraw your EPF without Employer Signature

Here are 3 steps you need to do to successfully withdraw your EPF without previous employer signatures.

Step 1

First download and fill up Form 19 (for EPF withdrawal) and  Form 10C (for EPS Withdrawal)

Step 2

Get it attested by any one of the following

  • Manager of a bank (PSU preferred)
  • By any gazetted officer.
  • Magistrate / Post / Sub Post Master / Notary

Step 3

Write down a letter addressing the regional PF commissioner, stating the reason why you have to get it attested and how you are facing issues with your employer. In case you have any proof of  unsupportive behaviour from your employer, better attach it. (This step is optional, and not mandatory)

Step 4

If you are unemployed, you will have to make an affidavit that proves that you are unemployed. Download this Affidavit Sample and get it printed on a Rs. 100 stamp paper with a notary or any gazetted officer signature on it (This Affidavit is part of our Jagoinvestor Wealth Club) . This is required because you need to be unemployed if you want to withdraw your EPF . If you are employed, you can transfer your EPF to your new employer.

Step 5

Send these forms to your regional EPF office and wait for next few months for some kind of action.

Step 6

Once your application is processed, the EPF withdrawal request will be honoured and you will be paid. If you still don’t see any action or response, then its time to File an RTI application to EPF Department for finding out the exact Status.

Legal Action against your past employer

Note that Employee provident fund money is totally yours and no matter what the situation, your past employer should be helping you in withdrawing it. It can be some issue your employer or you might have.., your employer can not say that they will not give signatures and create issues in your EPF Withdrawal.

If that’s the case, it might be time to teach them a lesson.

If you are 100% sure that you are correct and it’s a case of harassment, just collect all the documents which proves the harassment and then inform your regional Provided Fund officer about this. He will carry out an enquiry, contact the employer and if he finds them guilty, there can be legal action against the company and might even amount to imprisonment. It’s the Employer’s duty to keep records as per the law and also maintain the terms and conditions, failing which employer can get a notice under a section 7A, which lays the guidelines of strict actions against the employer. I got this from one of the RTI related websites 

Normally, the EPFO which maintained your EPF account should have settled the claim based on the signature of the Bank Manager since you find it difficult to get the form attested by your previous employer. They should not have sent it back to you telling to get the signature of the previous employer. The fact appears to be that the employer is not willing to sign the form for some reason or the other. (I presume the establishment is not closed but is still working). It is the duty of the employer to sign the settlement form. If he fails to do so the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner (RPFC) concerned can take action against him. You can make a complaint to the RPFC pointing this out and urging him to either settle the claim as it is or to get the claim signed by the employer and in case the employer declines to sign to take appropriate action against him instead of harassing you by not settling the claim. Please send this complaint by registered post and keep copy. After about a month if no action is taken file an application under RTI and ask what action has been taken on your complaint,people responsible for not taking action etc. Your claim will automatically be settled.


It’s possible to withdraw your EPF money without the help of your past employer. You just need to know the right steps and should also have the energy and motivation to follow up on the matter. Let us know what did you learn out of this article. Do you think this is something useful for you? From this article, did you understand properly how you can withdraw your EPF without Employer Signature ?

527 CommentsAdd Comment

  1. Naveej

    Great Post & very useful information. I have some money stuck with my previous employer (EPF&EPS). I would like to get this transferred to my current PF account, which is not with EPF but with the employer’s trust. Any idea how to approach in this case?



    Dear Manish,
    Nice article on a real life problem,
    One small correction
    Form-10C is for EPS with drawal ,as against EPF withdrawal mentioned above
    Form-19 is for EPF with drawal, as against EPS withdrawal mentioned above

    Also I hope the same procedure(with out previous Employer Signature) applies for EPF transfer.

  3. Kranti Goyal

    Hi Manish,

    Is it applicable for private PF trust, where EPF is maintained by company itself by PF trust.

    Thanks and Regards

  4. sri

    Nice article Manish… This really helpful to a lot of people out there, whose money is stuck with EPF because of their previous employer.

  5. Jagbir

    Thanks Manish for this article, very timely since I’m moving forward to withdraw my PF with earlier employer and is looking for some more information which is adequately provided here.

    One query here, What if new employer doesn’t offer this facility and I want to withdraw amount from my earlier PF account… will it be the same procedure in that case as well?

    – Jagbir

      • Arun

        Manish, Is gratuity payed to a employee if he quits the organization after working for 4 years and 240 days(or 190 days, depending on the kind of work). I find mixed answers for this questions in various discussion forums. Your answer could help few of my friends who have not completed 5 years but have crossed 4 yrs 240 days & quit respective Software/IT company.
        Thank you

        • Santosh Prasad

          It depends on the company policy. There are companies who pay Gratuity to an employee if he resigns after serving 4 years and 8 months. So, if company policy says that an employee is eligible for Gratuity after serving 4 years 8 months, then he will be paid Gratuity.

  6. sumayya

    What if you are employed with a company which doesnt have epf?
    The interest finishes in 3 years on epf so if I am working with a new company hence “not unemployed” but I cannot transfer my account since there is no pf facility in new company what can be done?

  7. Dear Manish,

    Mai ek company me outsource par kam karta tha. mera PF meri joining se job chhodne tak mera PF kata gaya jiska mere pass Pay slip bhi hai PF slip ke hisab se mera Rs. 19500 something banta hai jabki mera PF Mere A/c me Rs. 16400 hi aya hai. itna kam rupee kewal mere hi nahi balki mere se pahle job chhodne wale employee ke bhi kam paisa aye hai aisa isliye hai ki hamara employer PF ka pura paisa jama hi nahi karta h. mai ye janna chahta hu ki me uss employer ke khilaph kya karayawahi kar sakta hu ki jo ladke abhi bhi job kar rahe unka pura paisa jama kar de. aur ek bat ki mai comkpanay ke khilaph bhi koi complaint kar sakta hu jisse ki aage se sabhi ka PF jama ho.

    Thank You.

  8. Deena

    Hi Manish,

    It is certainly helpful. I have a question, Is it possible to withdraw only EPS using Form-19 and transfer the EPF using Form-13?



        Hi Manish,
        I am doubtful on this process of only withdrawing EPS and transferring EPF.
        While submitting Form-13, transfer takes place, the source EPFO office would send a Annexure-K to the Target EPFO.

        The Annexure K would Consists of
        1.EPF balance at the Start of the Year and Interest accumulated upto the Transferred date.
        2.It will also contain Pension Fund statement which shows Date of Joining and Date of Exit in EPS-95 and Past and Actual service in the EPS scheme.
        Hence I don’t think EPS portion alone can be withdrawn.
        Submitting Form-13 takes care of both EPF and EPS transfer.
        Correct me, If iam wrong.


  9. jayesh

    Hi Manish,
    I left the company before 10 years back still I have not withdrawn my money. Can I withdraw it without emplyer sign with the same process ? or anything else i have to do?

  10. Rakesh

    How to check the total amount in PF account if i dont know? And sir is there any query section in ur website to ask you about any financial doubt .

  11. Arudra Kumar


    Very useful information indeed.
    My wife used to work for a company 6 years ago which has been closed now. She was being deducted PF when she was employed there. She did not withdraw her PF until now and she also do not know what her PF number was. How can she withdraw her PF.


    • First step is to get the PF number , she can file a RTI to EPFO stating the company name and her FULL name and other details if she knows and mostly the RTI reply will mention her EPF account number .

  12. Sanghmitra

    Hey Manish,

    My hubby used to work in X co. in Bangalore in year 2005-07 which is at present not doing well (read not paying on time). He joined another co. Y in Bangalore and given PF transfer form to Y co. of X co. However he left the Y co. in 4 months and received only Y Co.s PF amount as Full n Final…
    What can he do to get the PF amount of X co. ?
    PS : Presently working in Pune

  13. Manish

    Only Step 1 and Step 3 are easy to follow.

    Step 2: Very difficult to get verifiaction signature from a gazetted office, untill some one knows you.

    Step 4: Normally everyone joins other organization, still apply for withdrawal(though it is illegal), so getting a affidavit is again a tedious task. It would be great if you can add, how to transfer EPF, in this article.

    Step5: Normal EPF withdrawal takes more than 9-10 months, this will definitely take more than a year.(A single mistake in EPF form and the process starts again)

    One question?????
    Do you have to submitted the original attested documents or you can take a copy and send it.

  14. Jacob Thomas

    I’m currently employed, but my ex-company has changed it’s name and was sold off to another company.

    Also, my current company is a small one(less than 15 employess) and not having any EPF option.

    So please guide me on how to withdraw my money ?

  15. Arun

    I opened a PPF when I was in India. But i moved out of India last year and I no longer make any deposits in it as NRIs are not allowed to invest in PPF. Is there any way i can close my PPF before 15 yrs?

  16. Hi Manish,
    Thanks for sharing this valuable information which should benefit many people.
    Good to know that there is a way out if your employer is not co-operative.

    Let me share my experience.
    A few years ago when I had to withdraw the PF amount I had faced lot of issues, delays, etc. There was no issue with my relations with employer but more in terms of procedural mistakes and delays.

    When I resigned I completed all formalities as well as collected my PF form. A few weeks later I received the final settlement details and submitted my PF form with signatures and all info. I was told that I can follow up after 1.5-2 months for an update.

    For 2 months I received my settlement salary and things were fine. But when I enquired with co. regarding PF they said that the forms were submitted. After more than 3.5 months it was shocking to hear that the form was returned due to some missing information. The PF office rejected the claim because the company’s seal was missing. There was a lapse from the company but why it took 3.5 months for EPF to reject the claim…..they could have done it faster so that I or the Co. could take corrective action.

    It was almost like Jan 2011 almost 6 months passed, and later my company submitted the revised forms, and it took so long and I finally got my PF amount after a year. The problem with Govt organizations is that they dont even come back to you soon if there are any issues. Even for a normal PF claim where employer was also cooperative my situation was bad. Imagine a case where your relations with employer are strained….in that case its going to be even more difficult.
    Its a good idea to go as per normal process so that you can easily follow up with employer and later with PF office. Following up directly with PF office is not a good experience, so its better to go thru employer route. This is my personal view.
    Only in special cases where you are terminated or the company is closed you have not option other than going directly to PF office.

    • Thanks for sharing your experince, in all the cases the employer keeps the documents with them for first 2 months and only then send it to EPFO because as per EPF rules, you need to be unemployed for 2 months atleast to claim the withdrawal .

      • Thanks Manish. You are right as per withdrawal rules u need to be unemployed for couple of months. My Co./employer also informed regarding this and also to wait for 2-2.5 months. But when nothing happened for almost 4 months after repeated followups it was surprising that the form was rejected for want of ‘Co. Seal’.
        The initial 2-3 months wait is normal like you said, but it took another 2 months to reject the form which made my life difficult.

        The good development in recent times is the facility to check your EPF balance and credits which is a welcome move. However, the website and the forms are not userfriendly and you will require some assistance from someone to get accustomed to this system.

          • Anjan

            This is why the PF infrastructure needs a complete overhaul. The responsibility of maintaining PF accounts should be handed over to banks and post offices as they seem much more adept, efficient and prompt in handling these financial schemes.

            Just look at the way PPF works and the proof of simplicity and efficiency is right there. Not only is it dead easy to make investments in PPF, its also easy to withdraw after 15 years. We shouldn’t have to run around so much and wait for a year or more to get our rightful hard earned money back.

            EPF as a concept is good but the way EPFO functions, makes all salaried people dread the day when they will have to withdraw their EPF corpus.

  17. thamaka

    Hi Manish,
    Thanks for the post. I tried to transfer amount in PF account which was created by my previous org (which I quit 8 years back). It got rejected saying that the account is in-active.

    Is the above procedure works for withdrawing amount from an in-active PF account?


      • karthik

        Hi Manish,
        Appreciate ur patience in answering all of our queries.
        I had worked for a cmpny from sep 2010-Aug 2012.They have filed my pf on 14feb 2013,which am able 2 see in the epfo website.The status says”Its approved and the payment is in process”.I have 2 que with regards to this.
        1.How long will it take for a refund?
        2.When i checked my pf balance the amt which i see is vry less and it says as of 31.3.2011.Will they wait till 31.3.2013 and then refund the amount or jus pay wat i got as sms.

        Advance Thanks

  18. Mukesh Singh

    Hi Manish,
    I left HCL in 2009, Then 2009-2012 working with IBM and had a new PF /ac there.

    How can I withdraw HCL epf amount ? As I got a new EPF a/c opened and I am working, how can I follow “Step 4″ ?

  19. Nikhil

    Dear Manish,

    This is a very useful article. Thank you for posting this.

    It will be helpful if you can share a similar article about how to withdraw PF amount after the death of the account holder. Can the legal heirs of the account holder withdraw the PF amount without the employer’s seal and signature?

    Thanks and Regards,

  20. Anuj

    Hi Manish,

    Really a helpfull information.

    Just one cosmetic correction in “Download this Affidavit Sample” link.

    After clicking on that link one “INDEMINITY BOND” form has been opened.

    I think the text should be “INDEMNITY” not “INDEMINITY”.


  21. deepesh singh

    Hi all.

    I am very thankfull to all the boarders here for providing me with so much info wich i d have takens months to have.

    Coming to my problem,

    I am working with infosys for the last 2 years.

    Before joining here i worked in two other companies-
    1) GAMMON INDIA LIMITED– 4 months
    2) Sobha developers limited —– 4 months.

    I had some issues with the previous employer and so had to quit without any paperwork. So i didnt get my PPF amount back( I neither asked for it as i thought it was not possible to get it back without their consent).

    But now after reading this article , i am going for a try in the way suggested by the article.
    I just need a confirmation if the same way will be applicable to me as well. My present employer already has a PF account for me hich has been running for 2 years.

    So, can i get my previous PF amounts back in cash.

    Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Deepesh Singh

  22. Lakshmi Dhawan

    Hi, Manish thanks for your valuable information on getting EPF refund. Is there a maximum time limit to withdraw EPF as in my case i left my previous employer 4 years back? I am presently working, but i don’t have an EPF account with my present employer. My previous employer is not willing to attest my withdrawal form. Pls help me

  23. Hi Manish,
    I switched jobs in August this year. Before I quit the job, I had submitted form with my previous employer for withdrawing the amount in my PF account. I had not received the amount due till December. When I called my previous employer, they told that they have not yet deposited the money and I will have to wait till March 2013.
    My question is, is what my employer did legal? How frequently should the employer deposit the PF money with the EPFO? I have been working with the organisation for little more than a year now.
    Thanks for clarifying.


    My age is 46 years. Over a period of 13 years of service in an organisation, i have cancelled my PF a/c. The acculations have been deposited in a bank with two cheques. No issue.

    But i have not received the Scheme certificate till the date. Do the PF office send the Scheme Certificate. Do I get pension after attaining the age of 58 years?.

  25. Rajesh R

    Currently I am working in Bangalore, I have been working in this company for the last eight years. Just last year my present employer introduced PF facility for its employees so now I have a PF account in Bangalore. Prior to joining this company I was working in Mumbai, I left my previous employer in October 2003, since my present employer did not have an PF option when I joined this company I never had the option of transfering my PF from the previous employer to my current employer and I too from my part never tried to withdraw the PF money. Now since I have a PF account in Bangalore I thought of transfering by PF but unfortunately my previous employer no longer has its office in Mumbai, its main office is in Dubai now and it has an office in Bangalore also. When I contacted the Bangalore office they asked me to get in touch with a person in Dubai office. But I am not getting any help from there may because of long gap of 9 years they are not intrested in digging into the old records. So can I now use this option of getting my PF transferred without Employer signature. If yes, I hope the 3 steps that you mentioned above should be sufficient
    1. Filling Form 19
    2. Getting it attested
    3. Submitting the form to EFP office.

  26. NILESH

    Hi Manish,
    I worked in a private company for 4 years and now joined as a central government employee. From 2004, govt. employees have to opt for NEW PENSION SCHEME (NPS), very similar to EPF. I want to withdraw my EPF money but i dont want to pay tax and also i can not transfer EPF money to NPS as it is not withdrawable till retirement. I have some questions can you please answer-
    1. Can i transfer this money to PPF without paying tax?
    2. If i keep this money for 1 more year, will it be non taxable?
    3. If i withdraw it now, how much tax, flat 30% or as per the tax paid for respective year will be deducted?

    Can you please suggest me the best suitable way out.
    With rgds,

  27. Hi Manish,

    Even I am stuck with 2 PF Accounts more than five years old which are from two previous employers, I have moved to a different city. Several attempts to contact the HR of the previous employers have failed.

    I am bit confused about Step 4 mentioned above, I am neither unemployed nor do I want to transfer PF, what should I do ? Please suggest.


    • you dont have a choice here, you either have to transfer or show yourself as unemployed to withdraw , if you transfer , you wont be able to withdraw it then unless you again shift companies .


    Hello Manish,

    Thanks for the info sharing….

    Even I am also bit confusing with step 4 becoz I wanna withdraw my PF amount now eventhough I am employed….is it possible to withdraw in this case?
    If yes how ? If not what are the forms required to transfer the same….??

    Plase reply..


      • Sahil

        I am working with a company at Indore but I am not contributing anything to EPF, earlier I was contributing to EPF when I worked at Bangalore 2 years back. I tried to withdraw my EPF amount through previous employer, but I think previous employer is not interested in helping me. I want to do it on my own, while i am working, not contributing. Can I do so legally?

  29. Prabhakara

    Hello Manish,
    I am stuck with PF Account more than five years old which is from my previous employer, I have moved to a different city, state and different company. I have not transferred nor removed the amount. I applied for transfer, but didn’t happen.
    I am bit confused about , how to tackle this issue. I am neither unemployed nor do I want to transfer PF, what should I do ? Please suggest how to remove the PF amount.


  30. neeraj

    what are bank details that are required to be submitted so that the transaction can be done…is bank account number is enough so that the amount can be cancelled check compulsory to be attached

  31. sarita

    Hey Manish,
    I have a qstn for you. I have applied for EPF transfer in Jan 2010 from Pune to BLR. If I see the claim status of my pune account it just shows nothing. If I see the claim status of BLR PF acocunt it gives the status like this :

    Status : Your transfer in details for crediting new account has been received and the same is under process.

    Could you please guide me as in what does this status mean? Is there anything I can take care of? I had filed the grievance as well however they said they can not track my application.


    • It means that its in process. While that should not take more than few weeks ideally, but generally it streaches for months and years .. better file a RTI and invest Rs 10 :) .. It will speed up the process for sure !

    • Indranil

      Hi Manish,
      I left my previous employment 3 years back. Applied for a transfer at that time, via my current employer. But I get to know from PF dept few months ago that they send a clarification to my previous employer where they didnt got any reply so far.

      I am also unable to get any response from my previous employer. I am now thinking if I can apply for an withdrawal by myself. Let me know what you suggest. PF account online status show active status so far.

  32. Bhaskarjyoti Deka


    I have to ask you two questions
    1. Can I claim my PF without the signature of my previous employer with the for-19 and form-10c?
    2. I stay in Guwahati, Assam and my PF was deducted into the south Delhi branch. Can I apply for my PF from Guwahati? How and where to submit the filled forms?? Please help

  33. smita

    Hi Manish,
    I want to withdraw my PF and i have send all the necessary documents but emplyer is stating that “RPFC has strictly instructed that the PF withdrawal process needs to be stopped if the employee is working anywhere else and so will be rejecting all the withdrawal forms. In case the employee, working anywhere else, applies for withdrawal, he/she will be solely responsible for any liability occurring out of this default.
    b. In case the employee claims that is not working anywhere, or is not a member of RPFC anymore, he/she needs to sign a declaration which states that he/she is unemployed and have no intentions to work further and so is withdrawing the PF fund. In future, any liability or any action taken by RPFC occurs out of this event will be solely the responsibility of the employee. Employer will not be responsible for any withdrawal’s or liabilities occurring out of employees withdrawing their PF fund.
    Please tell me how can i withdraw my PF

    • Yes

      EPF withdrawal can be done only if you are UNEMPLOYED . So legally you should not withdraw it . So your only option is to transfer your EPF to your new EPF . If you can show yourself as unemployed , then you will be allowed to withdraw the EPF .


  34. Viren Dlima

    Dear Manish,

    Excellent stuff , i really appreciate the work you’ve done here.
    I have resigned from my company in 2011 to go out of the country, i have been trying to withdraw my PF since then, my company filled my application twice but it was rejected twice due to incomplete forms. On my last trip to india i filled the forms once again ensuring that all of the information is correct and accurate this was in dec 2012 there hasn’t been any update when i check my online status, which means my form still isn’t submitted but my company says the form is submitted. Can i file an RTI in this instance ?


      • Viren Dlima

        Thanks Manish , I appreciate the help, yes i went through your article about “RTI” and found it very helpful. I checked the site and it does indeed allow an online payment.

          • Viren Dlima

            Dear Manish,

            As per the suggestion in your articek before actually filing an RTI I submitted a grievence to see is the epfo office recieved my form, they replied that as per my grievience that i should submit my current employer details and get the PF transferred. I did not inform them about my current status as NRI.
            I assume that since i am no longer empoyed in india , i can withdraw my provident fund. I have NRI status as of now. Is this assumption correct ?



              • Viren Dlima

                Dear Manish,

                Thanks for the prompt reply
                this is the mail i received they are assuming i am still in india working for another company
                “Sir, with reference to grievance as above in this connection it intimated that: It appears from your grievances that you are still working & employed some other establishment. So, you are advice to intimated a name, add. Tele. No. email and id of present employer. Because it is mandatory to transfer to previous are. To present a/c no. by submitted in f-13 duly to concerrd pf office attested by your present employer or you may also submit for 10c for scheme certificate duly attested by previous employer.”

                • Hmm .. i expected that for a moment . So they are assuming that you are already employed with some other company in India, because you can withdraw if you are still employed with someone who also have EPF facility .

                  Now better you tell them that you are not employed and are out of India. The issue may be you might have to show them the proof (because you might be in India and telling them that you are out) .


                  • Viren Dlima

                    Thanks Manish , i can show them the proof including my visa n passport. but as per my understanding the rules do not stipulate i cannot withdraw the amount.
                    And since i am not employed in india i should be able to withdraw it since i cant even contribute to it anymore.

                    I will follow up with them.

                    Thanks you very much for your help

                    • Viren

                      Actually you can not withdraw if you are still employed in INDIA ,thats why you need to give a declaration some times about your employment :) . For your case, I think there should be no issue .

  35. Srinu

    Dear Manish,

    Thanks for the Detailed info provided.
    I would like to seek your help on my case described below
    I left organisation X at Chennai after serving 7 years without any releaving letter, Joined organisation Y at Mumbai branch and worked for couple of years, then I have been transfered to Chennai and a New PF account is opened, I was in need of money So I have withdrawn All amount of PF account of organisation Y (Mumbai)
    Now I would like Withdraw/ Transfer PF balance of X (Chennai) to Y (Chennai) and I cannot approach Employer X for any kind of help, Now what are the options available with me


  36. Tulasi


    I Have worked one and a half year one of the company unfortunately i couldn’t serve the notice period and now their not processing my PF and in EPF also there is no updates in my account so could you please guide me in this.

  37. Tulasi

    Hi MAnish,

    I am bit confusion, Actually am Staying in Bangalore but my PF Head quarter in Maharastra. And My previous employer is not supporting me. I have to get my PF what is the way?

  38. Deepak

    Nice Article Manish.

    Small clarification required.

    I am in service from last 8 yrs and in Jan 2012, i changed to another company. I placed a request to transfer my PF amount to current company’s PF account and the money is also got transferred.

    Now we are looking to purchase a flat in bangalore. Can i withdraw my money completely or partial withdrawl can be done??

    Also if not possible, are there any loan options available on EPF account.

    Thanks in advance..


  39. Bablu Chowdhury

    Mr Manish
    This is Bablu Chowdhury from Kolkata, I have left my job about 8 months ago and apply for withdrawal of my PF . My Empolyer intensionaly singed my form by the magenment person whose signature is not appreciable which I came to know from my x collige. My EPFO withdrawal is rejected by EPFO Office which have been informed me through SMS dated-01/01/2013. Till now I have not received the letter,what should I do now & what step should I take to withdraw my EPFO easily.

  40. Sanjay

    Dear Manish,

    I worked for a company for 4.5 yrs and i had the PF and superannuation account with them. I quit the company back in 2002. My office was in delhi and PF account was in mumbai. Currently i am staying abroad and kind of settled. Could you please show me the path on how to withdraw both amounts?
    Thanks in advance


    Hi Manish…..

    It it possible to withdraw PF if:
    1- I have resigned company due to health issue but did not serve notice period.
    2- Later I have joined another company but PF part is not here.

    Please help me as my previous employer is not supporting to withdrawing pf and asking unnecessary amount apart from notice period.
    One of me colleague,applied for pf as per steps mentioned above but ultimately all documents sent to previous company’s office. He even file a case in labour court but he is still struggling.

    Please let me know how can I withdraw my pf amount……….

  42. sd

    Hi Manish,
    I did not get the relieving letter from my previous employer, and hence the last working day in the company is not mentioned anywhere. As the company is not helping I will have to apply for withdrawal directly. Does the company usually convey a last working day to the PF office, and does the PF office reject the withdrawal request if the date doesn’t match?

    Also, I have forgotten whether I have used my short signature or full signature in the PF form while joining the company. Should I use both the signatures and thumb impression? Otherwise they may reject the form for signature mismatch.

    • Hmm .. the thing is your last day of working is required to determine , how long have you worked, because before 5 yrs of withdrawal , it becomes taxable , also how many months your company contributed to EPF is also dependent on that data !

  43. Saravanan

    Hi Manish,

    Actually my case is different.. I have worked in 4 different BPO companies and currently with an IT company. I was working in BPO for my finance problems and for my studies. My problem is i dont have releiving letter of any office. i have worked around 5 or 6 months in each office.. How can i claim all the 4 PF accounts?? Is it possible?? Please advice.. Thanks in advance

  44. Alok

    Good work Manish.

    I would like to know for case to withdraw PF money of emp not working since last 5 yrs if we can get Form 19 and 10c signed by any PSU bank manager ( not the manager of bank branch where salary was credited) in case employer is not willing to settle account since last 5 yrs.

    Or can we get form attested by Notary and send the same with Application stating the situation with printed email chain going with employer.

  45. Pankaj

    I applied for a transfer of PF via my new employer. After one year of no result, registered greviance at PFPortal, it replied, ‘As per their computer records we have not received such claim request’. My employer say, they submitted but it must be fault of PF dept. What should I do now. Can I apply for a withdraw now(considering a transfer request is already pending). Also my old PF is Pune based, is there any way I can apply for withdraw from my location, Gurgaon only.

  46. Kiran CH

    Hi Sir,

    I worked in one of the IT company in Oct.-2006 to May-2007 and left that company due to issues and i don’t have re-leaving letter and i remembered they sent termination letter to my address.
    I have pay-slips and PF number with me I am able to enquired the balance of my PF amt. and I am sure company won’t support to withdraw my amt. I would like to go as per the steps mentioned in the article, please advice .

    Your advice is greatly appreciated.. Thanks, Kiran

  47. Tahsin

    Hi Manish,

    My pf a/c was opened back in 2005, i don’t recall my signature. So, I had 2 questions for you :

    1.What is the procedure to withdraw PF, if my signature doesnot match ?
    2. What is the procedure to change my signature ?

    Looking forward to your expert advice, thanks in advance !

  48. Arpit

    Hi Manish,

    Thanks for all the information you put up in the article.
    I have 3 previous EPF accounts (1 pune and 2 Gurgaon). My current one is in Chandigarh.
    I want to withdraw from the preovious EPF accounts. I had a word with EPFO officer and he advised that first i need to fill 2 form 13’s to get the 3 previous accounts in 1 and after that is done, fill another form to withdraw from the merged account.

    So my concern is that won’t this take too long. First not sure how many months to merge the previous 3 accounts and then to withdraw from the merged one.
    Could you please suggest how shall i proceed.

    Thanks in advance.

    • This will not take a long time if you follow what I tell you

      Fill up 3 forms to transfer each of those .. Make sure you dont make any mistakes in forms, Then after 2 months, file 3 RTI and enquire for each of them seperately .. Mostly in next 3-6 months, they should be merged and then withdraw with one form .. use RTI there also after 2 months !

  49. Dhirendra Chauhan

    Hi Manish,

    Thanks for this nice article.

    I am trying since July 2009 to get my PF from Noida base Indian IT MNC. Sent several times form19 , but no luck.

    Filed grievance on epfo site and got replied from them that they do not manage pf hence could not help me, PF is managed by pf trust of company.

    Can RTI help me in this case? whom to submit RTI , to pf trust or epfo?

    Thanks in advance .


  50. sonal


    I am Sonal, i am working with export industries in jalandhar, how can i claim my pf without employer sign & stamp.. employer is not support to me, how can i claim my PF..
    Please help me


  51. sonal

    Hi Manish

    I am Sonal, i am working with export industries in jalandhar, how can i claim my pf without employer sign & stamp.. employer is not support to me, how can i claim my PF..
    Please help me


  52. Sanjit Mahto

    i worked in a company whose head office in MP. i left that company in 31.07.2011 but still i didnt got my PF amount as well as my employer is not co-ordinating to withdraw my PF amount. As my PF was deposite in Gwalior (MP) how could i got my PF amount as i leave in Kolkata. I have my PF account number and i am getting my PF balance update in my Mobile. Can any one help me how to get my PF amount and where to apply for the same and to whom.

  53. Hanuma Reddy

    Hi Manish Chauhan,

    My PF is transferred from Previous employer -HP to present employer IBM.IBM handed over cheque to PF office ,KR Puram ,Bangalore on 27/07/2012.But,the amount is not credited to my PF account.In the first week of March 2013 I visited the PF office and they told me that Annexture K is missing and that is the reason they didn’t credit the amount to my new pf amount.Later I submitted the Annexture k to the PF office.But,they told me that it will take another 3/4 months to credit the amount to my pf account.

    Please let me know better to wait another 3/4 months or raise RTI for speed processing.

    Hanuma Reddy

  54. Rakesh

    Hi Manish,

    I was with my first employer for 3+ years & then with 2nd employer only for 4 months and then moved to singapore. Its now 2 yrs I am in Singapore. I didnt received EPF from both of my employers. So present i have two EPF accounts in India which are not being credited since 2 yrs. Can I withdraw my PF without employers help? Also I am not unemployed just moved out of India so what type of affadavit do I need to submit? and Is there any duration for which if PF account doesnt get credited, it gets dormant or cancelled? Thanks to answer my queries.

    • If your EPF is inactive from 3 yrs , then it will stop getting any interest, you still have around 1 yr for that .. so take actions within next 1yrs at max. You can use the same article and its directions to take out the money from EPF , you have to give the same declaration that you are not employed and also give a point that you are out of india, just affix a copy of your passport and the VISA which must be mentioning that you are out of India, it will help

      • ankit

        Hi Manish

        I am currently working for 2 companies , one in nite shift , & 2nd for 5 hrs job in morning shift.

        My companies dnt know that i am working for others.

        My 1st company open my pf account & deducted monthly amount.

        But now my 2nd company also asking to provide pan card + photo to open my pf account with them as well , i am afraid if i provide my pan card copy , photo then do they get to know that i have already one PF account running with different company

        Do you think they will get this info or there should not be any problem.

        Please suggest

  55. Aditya Rivonkar

    Hi Manish

    I have read the article. Its a great job providing us very useful information.

    I worked in a company in Goa whose PF office is located in Thane. I left the company without notice period & without any relieving letter. Hence I am not hopeful of my previous employer’s cooperation for withdrawl of pf money.For my current job I am not entitled for any PF deductions.I have filled the form No 19 & form no 10-C (not submitted as yet).I am planning to send the form through post (speed post or register post ).

    I have 2 questions:
    1. Can I submit the Indeminity bond? If yes can I take the signature of notary as in the article you have mentioned that signature of notary /gazette officer is ok but in the form the 1st class magistrate has been mentioned .I presume I will have to change “1st class magistrate” to “ notary” & get the affidavit notarized.
    2. For form no 10-C, please guide me to fill up the details where authorized signature is required.

    Also I shall be really grateful to you if you can provide us the sample copy of the already filled forms (Form no 19 & form no 10-C).

    Previously I took the signature of my Higher secondary school Principal on form 19 & sent it through my friend to Thane office. However the PF office staff informed my friend that the principal signature can be accepted only if my previously company has been closed down. Else the form has to be compulsorily sent with sign & seal of the company. I would like to hear you comments/views on this situation.

    Thank you

    Aditya Rivonkar

  56. Vidya

    Hi Manish,

    I appreciate your efforts in sharing this knowledge! Thanks!

    The issue that i am facing currently is, I quit company A in Aug2011 and requested for PF transfer to company B. Company A has its own trust, hence the PF amount got transferred to RPF chennai. However, the EPF(Pension fund) is with RPF bangalore, for which the status is unknown. I raised a grievance to RPF chennai and they closed it mentioning “The establishment has not submitted the proper details in the annual returns FORM 3A/6A for the year 2011-2012 leading to the non-compilation of Annual Accounts. Accordingly, the above details could not be uploaded. The Establishment had already been directed to submit with correct details. On receipt of the same, the accounts will be immediately compiled and uploaded.” I am not sure who/which is the establishment meant here. I raised a grievance to RPF bangalore, but there is no response for that greivance.

    Now i am quitting Company B and planning to close my PF account to which the transfer from Company A has to happen. Can i close the PF account? Will i be able to get both the PF and EPF amount from Company A and Company B? How can i ensure this?

    Thanks in advance!

  57. Amardeep Gupta

    Hi Manish, Thats a great piece of information you have shared on this page, and i’m sure it would have been of great help to many people. I have one small clarification before i follow the steps you’ve mentioned here.
    This is regarding PF withdrawal. I have worked for America
    Online Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore India for the time period of 24/11/06 to
    09/05/07. I quit without informing my employers, thus there wasn’t a
    relieving letter issued to me. I do have my PF A/C no, which i got
    As you have suggested, one has to submit form 19 completely filled to regional pf commissioner, i am confused that which regional pf office is to be contacted to. As i don’t live in Bangalore anymore.
    Looking forward for your assistance.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Amardeep Kumar

  58. raju


    Sir currently iam working in a organisation and im having a PF account for that.
    Now i got new job, they are also offering PF but i dont want to leave the old job.I can able to do both the jobs but can we continue 2 PF account or not..please give me a suggestion ASAP..


  59. Praja

    Dear Sir,
    I worked in a Multinational company 4 years 8 month after i resigned & gives notice period 25 Days, my dept. head accept but HR dept. did not accept my resignation due to short fall of notice period & told worked minimum 45 Days written in mail. I refused same and join abroad. I follow many times through mail in concerned person in HR regarding full and final settlement past 9 month. But still did not full fill same compliance.
    So here need legal advisory, what i do.

  60. Jijo

    1.What am i suppose to do, to transfer my old EPF account to my new EPF account,
    2.I have not served my notice period in my previous company,will the previous employer disrupt this process of transfer.
    As i have learned from a forum that,”When we submit our application along with Form 13, one copy will be sent to our previous company and the another copy will be sent to Provident Fund department.Our old employer will pull all your data like number of years worked and other things. Once the company completes the procedure it will sent to Provident Fund department and one copy will be sent to us”.

    If the previous employer does not fill all the details,then what can be done.

    Please give your suggestion regarding this.

    Thanks and Regards,


  61. rajat

    I had been working for an org. for approx. 4.25 yrs…Now I moved over to another org..unfortunately its not in a comfort zone for me and i have decided to move out and look for the correct opp..thus had worked 3 months there… i have 2 separate PF accounts as such at the moment…Now as I’m currently looking out for the next opp…hence just wanted to take ur advice as to whether for the first PF account should I keep it for some more time or simply withdraw it now ( i know the tax would be levied even if Iwithdraw after 5 yrs. as it would not be a continous service one – but not sure if interest calc (say i keep it till 5 yrs. and then withdraw)would help me or not as the tax slab would be in the 20% range for me – is only employer’s contr. and interest taxable or employess’s contr. as well ???)…also should I just withdraw the amount from the 2nd PF account now itself as its just been carried for a few months only…earlier was thinking of option for transferring from A to B to C firms but feel it would take a hell lot of time and there might be multiple issues involved as well..also have not joined any firm C as of now…..thus based on this situation , kindly provide ur valuable suggestion/feedback on the same .

      • rajat

        Hi Manish

        Thnx for the reply…however just wanted a piece of advice from you..i still haven’t got the amount transferred from firm A to firm B…assuming it would take a lot of time for implementing the same and then transferring from B to C would be another task of longer duration…so should I go ahead and do the above ??? also if i have say 4-5 weeks break in between B and C , then would PF amount still hold non-taxable if withdrawn after 5 yrs provided I’m transferring the above way A->B->C.

  62. Abha

    Dear Manish,

    Thanks for such an informative post. At last i do see some hope. Here is my situation:

    Worked for this company A for almost 4 years and left them in Nov 2011 as they were downsizing…yes it’s been more than a year and half of torture they have given me thus far. Company is kind of closed now as I don’t get any proper response from them, CEO is just not bothered. Company first asked us to wait for 2 months to file the claim as it is a rule, did that patiently. Later came the story of change of PF office from one (under which it was originally registered) to another and that went on for several months…they kept saying PF offices are not coordinating among themselves, the real reason was even shocking and more disappointing, PF guys were not updating because this company didn’t not deposit our PF amount for long time (2 yrs appx), they however kept deducting the same from our salaries (was surprised how come there was no annual audit by PF office and how this company could continue doing so for this long), anyways they cleared things in January this year and said we have applied again. When filed a grievance online, PF person says we haven’t received any claim whereas this X employer says they have already applied. Don’t know what the real truth is but on the basis on experiences I have… most certainly it is the X employer at fault.

    Another strange thing is, when I checked by balance online in January this year it looked fine (updated up to 2012… I do have SMS proof) but from last 2 times it saying updated up to 2010, I am worried if this employer has dome some mischief here too, is it possible for a company to take back money from an employee’s PF account or it is the issue with PF website?

    I don’t want to apply for my claim via options you suggested above unless I see the balance updated.

    Thank you so much for reading thru my query/concern. Appreciate your feedback.


    • Hi Abha

      The company is surely at fault . I strongly suggest file a RTI and ask for clear questions like

      1. Upto which month is the EPF money deposited in my account ?

      2. How much is the balance right now ?

      So that you know exact scene . Also once the money is deposited with EPFO , company does not have any control on it . You will get back , just that there might be some difficulties in the process. First file the RTI to get the exact scenario, then then take the next step

  63. vineet

    hi manish.

    thanks for your such a social and supportive inititative.

    kindly tell me where to apply for my pf withdrawal according to above mentioned article conditions,as my headoffice is in bangalore and i was wrking in delhi.delhi branch is shut where to apply for my pf…in delhi or bangalore?

  64. shrirambhat

    Respected sir,
    i am really new to job market and i have question about EPF.
    if your previous employee is not cooperative and your epf amount is is less( i served for two months in probation period say, so my amount is two months epf) can you just forget the amount and when you go to next employee cant you open completely new account and living your previous account just like that.

  65. Anand

    Hi Manish,

    I hope you are doing fine. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on the wonderful job you are doing educating us about various financial topics, particularly one as complicated as PF.

    I have two questions for you…

    I read somewhere on the internet that one cannot withdraw PF before the age of 55 but I do not see any such point made by you on this page. So I would like to ask, given that I am much younger than 55 but I left my company in January this year and am still unemployed, can I withdraw fully?

    When I left my company in January, I had completed 4 years and 10 months of service in the company. Now, my second question itself has two parts…

    In a response above, you have said something about “withdrawal date”. Since my withdrawal date (now or later) will be more than 5 years after the joining date, is my withdrawal not-taxable?

    I also have a fair amount of service before this last company but to get to the point, I have 2 years in the company just before the last one but there was 1 and ½ month gap between joining the last one and leaving the one before it. So, do those 2 years add to the 4 years 10 months and hence, exceed the 5 years of “continuous service” needed for non-taxation?

    Thanking you,

    • Anand

      Its true only when you are employed :) . When you are unemployed for more than 2 montsh, you can then withdraw your EPF .

      Yes, it should not be taxable as its more than 5 yrs


    Dear Sir,

    I am working with a company as store manager Since 1st Dec’2006 & i was told to resign & re-join in the month of 1st July 2013 . . as my emp code & pf numbers have changed.
    My question is can i Claim for gratuity & PF as i have completed 5 yr tenure with the company.

    Request your suggestion on the same sir.


    Dear Sir,

    I am working with a company (retail store) store manager since 1st Dec’2006 & on 25th June’2013 i was told to resign & re-join for increment of salary.

    my questions is can i withdraw my gratuity & pf as my both emp no & pf no have changed……

    Request your suggestion sir.

  68. subhasish Das

    Dear Mr Manish-ji
    I worked in an organisation in West Bengal for 9 yrs after that now I am working an another organisation at Kolkata Branch but Corporate Office is Gurgaon so PF A/c is now Gurgaon. Till now I have communicated over e-mail last three years but It is not Transferred my account status. I have submitted my earlier copy PF Slip Form 13 revised form duly filled by our earlier organisation and present organisation. They have received with stamp. And a new account opened but till now not transferred my status. please advice what i will do.

  69. Digvijay

    My Name is Digvijay Dt. 31st March 2010 i was left job from Impact Retail P.L.-Gurgaon and till date i have not received my pf amount which is very use full for my child study…

    please guide me for withdraw the pf as company close and no one reply for pf withdrawal procces..

      • Digvijay

        Dear Manishji,
        my name is digvijay chauhan and that time company not provide me to fill up pf form as i had not served notice pay, please advice me how can i get as i have pf no — HR/GGN/29576/22 with this how can i get my pf amount balance and withdrwal..

  70. Digvijay

    if company closed and no one there for sign & stamping on pf form that who is eligible for sign & stamp on pf form and that to whom i have to send pf form courier for withdrawal my pf amount?…

  71. Bablu Pandit

    I have left my previous company in 2010 , but my Claim form of EPF Acoount is being refused by previous Employer, Now Can I submit my claim form singning by Bank Manager ( HDFC Bank ) where my Bank account is holding ? Can Past employer take any legal action against me if so done ? Can I transfer my EPF account without signing my past employer to my new joined company ?

  72. Aditya

    Hi Manish

    Once again I congratulate you for doing such a fine job.

    I had applied for PF withdrawal from my previous employer.Form no 19 was signed & stamped by the principal of my 12th std institute which is govt recognized.The same was sent through registered post to EPFO,Thane.However even after 1 month there was no reply from EPFO.Hence as informed by you in your previous articles I had filed RTI asking a)Claim status b)whether my application has been rejected & if so reason for rejection c)Date & address on which the rejection letter was dispatched.

    I have received reply from RTI officer saying the reason for rejection as AUTHORISED OFFICERs SIGNATURE NOT TALLYING

    The rejection letter was surprisingly dispatched to my employer’s address & never to my address although my address was mentioned on the application & cover letter.

    Kindly requesting to me guide on the future course of action to withdraw PF.

    Thank you

    Aditya Rivonkar

      • Aditya

        Currently I have filed RTI asking the reason for not considering the PF claim under this rule & also the procedure to withdraw the PF money incase the employer is not cooperating for PF withdrawal.
        Can you suggest any other alternative for the current situation?

  73. sikander syed

    Dear Manishji,
    My name is sikander ,i have worked 3 years for one company, and after 3 years they terminated me because of contract is over.After that i was not getting th
    e job for 3 months,then i have applied for epf .
    Then i got a call from same employer for job in same company and i have joined and working for last one year.
    Recently i have got my previous PF amount paid fully, both EPF and EPS.
    I have not transferred that time when i was joined the job,now i have new PF account but i cannot download the e-passbook frm the epfo site.and not even my pf balance.
    please help me ,


  74. Ashish Thakur

    My company has not deposited provident fund for last two months. I applied for withdrawl of provident fund but the department cancelled my claim stating that when the company deposit the amount only then they can pay my claim benefit. the company has deducted the same from my salary but has not deposited it with Provident fund department. if company does not deposit the same will I not be able to get the provident fund. please clarify.

  75. V Shanthi

    The EPF account, I had with my previous employer, has my full name “Venkatraman Shanhi” whereas my current employer has opened the EPF account in the name of “V Shanthi”, “Venkatraman” being my father’s name. Will there be any issue to transfer EPF account from “Venkatraman Shanthi” to “V Shanthi”. Please clarify. Thank you.

  76. Pravin S

    I have not yet applied for refund of PF since i resigned 2of my companies one in Nov06 and then in march 08. Is it still possible of applying for refund of PF? And my one PF account is at Kandivali(Mumbai) and Another one is at Delhi. And i have already downloaded the forms. Can you suggest what to do now.

  77. Rahul N

    I am working with a company based out of Mumbai. In next few months, I will moving in a new role at my existing company’s international office in Canada. Since it is a inter-company move, I will not be resigning from my company until a week ahead of my departure to Canada. I checked with the tax consultant in Canada and they have advised that once I land in Canada I will have to pay tax on my worldwide income. As per the PF withdrawal rules, I can request for withdrawal only after 2 months (60 days) after I resign from my current company. To process this request it will take approximately another 1 month (30 days), making it to total 90 days. In my case, if I resign a week ahead of my departure and then land in Canada I will have to pay taxes for the withdrawn PF amount to Canadian authorities; as for them it is a taxable income contrary to India where it will be treated as a tax-free income. Can you guide, if there is a way by which my company can give some declaration and get my PF withdrawn prior to my resignation and/or departure to Canada? If I get this income in my bank account prior to my departure it will be tax free; otherwise I will have to pay taxes to the Canadian authorities.
    FYI.. I have been in service since last 9 years and with the current company for more than 5 years.

    • No they cant get your PF before you resign . Also when Canadian company says that your global income will be taxable in canada, it means all the glabal income whch you get in CANADA , if its not recieved in canada, it wont be taxed. After all, how do they know that you got some income from PF in India ?


  78. Manu

    Dear Manish,
    I was working with a pune based company which i left in December 2011. I am not working anywhere.I am based in my hometown.I am 31 years of age.I want my pf without my employer’s help. What form should i submit- Form 19 or Form 10(c).Kindly Help.


  79. Pallavit Saraf

    Hi Manish,

    I was working in a delhi based company which I left in June 2012. Now, I am working in Bangalore. My old company advised me that it will be difficult to transfer PF from one state to another, so better to withdraw it.
    I have filled the forms and still waiting for PF, but that is other story.

    Out of curiosity, one day I applied for statement of my PF which I got after 3 days. But, to my surprise I found that the PF for the month of April 2012 has not been deposited. The PF is deposited for rest of the months. What can be done in that case?
    I have emailed this matter to my previous company but they are not responding at at all

    • First there is no problem in transferring from one state to another, yes there can be a little more follow up , but you should do it . Also for the amount not deposited. it might happen that its just not reflected . Wait for some more time

  80. Sabina

    Apply online for processing of Transfer or Claim of EPF from July 1, 2013, Has EPFO started this facility ? ? This would have eradicated the need of revisiting the old employer office.

    The EPFO Earlier this year had announced that the online facility will start from July 1st 2013. Today on July 5th at least they must mention what is the update on that.

    My last company management has changed and the new clerk asked me to bring the epf account statement seeing which they would sign the claim form. I went to EPFO and the clerks over there told me they can’t give account statement of account as that was not legal. however they showed me the PDF statement on their computer. My account started from May 2010 and closed on feb 2012. I told them that people can download e-statements for accounts that are on going. They said they had no idea how people were allowed to get e-statement. Frustarting !!!. They can see the statement but can’t give printout. And people with ongoing accounts or those which closed after June 2012 can get e-statements ( same PDF file )

    WHY don’t the EPFO inform their front office or public dealing staff about what announcements EPFO makes or what online facilities they start.

  81. Sabina

    I think getting the employer signature on the paper based form would no longer be required once they start the facilty to apply online for processing of Transfer or Claim of EPF/ They said they would do it from from July 1, 2013,

    Has EPFO started this facility ? ? This would have really helped.

    Today the news in Times of india (5th july) said that now EPFO first will complete collecting the digital signature of the employers. Why did not they do it earlier before announcing the July 1 deadline !!

  82. Milind

    Dear Sir,

    Due to some arguments I left my cousin brothers firm in 2011 in Pune. I worked for 7 years, now I want to withdraw my epf amount but he refuses to sign. B’coz of family reason I cannot argue or take any legal action against him. Plz advise n help hw do I withdraw my pf without his signature.



    • Milind

      Its again the same thing. You dont have to do anything against him. You just have to file a RTI to EPFO asking for it and they will do things. Its like you are doing it with EPFO and they are following up with him. Truely speaking there will be some thing like this invovled for sure,else you cant do much !

      • Milind

        But recently one of the employee from same company who had left in past was refused for signature by the owner. Then he approached to some state bank manager, who signed his pf withdrawal form & within 15 days that employee received the amount of 55k in his bank account. So are there any other authorities than our employer by who’s signature I can withdraw my pf? If yes, plz advise in detail.

        Thanx a lot…….!

  83. Dr. Winston Costa Pereira

    You have mentioned about a person leaving service or being unemployed. What if I move abroad?????? Does it mean I will loose my money that I earned while working in India???? How can I submit my EPF form 3 months after leaving service when I am out of the country. No one talks about a situation when people move abroad. I am living abroad for the past 1 year. There is no mention anywhere about such people. Please touch on this topic as we cannot call ourselves unemployed when we are earning big dollars overseas which is 3 times the amount we were earning in India.

    • You can still withdraw it, you need to fill up the withdrawal form and send to to EPFO department, along with it , you should also attach your VISA and proof that you are outside India.

  84. Abhijeet

    Hi Manish,
    I left my previous Job in March 2011, now its been 2 years +.
    So, by filling Form 19 & 10-C i can withdraw my PF ? I heard if you are late by 2 + years then you need to fill affidavit to get your PF money.

    My Previous company is in Delhi and Now I am in Pune. Posting forms will solve my purpose or for any work I need to go to Delhi .

    Please help me …!

  85. Prashant Raul

    Dear Manish

    I have worked in an organization from Sept 2008 to Sept 2010.I left the organization without notice period.The employer is unwilling to sign the claim form.Can i withdraw the pf money through online?If so please inform about the procedure?I understand that the onus of claim form verification/attestation is on EPF for online pf withdrawal.Please elaborate on this.

    Prashant Raul

  86. K C Gummagolmath

    Hello sir,
    I have a query regarding withdrawal of my EPF amount
    I was working in Autonomous organization under ministry of agriculture 22-08-2005. I resigned for the job on 04/06/2013 after completing more than 7 years of service to join a new post wherein there is a new pension system, Now kindly guide me whether I can with draw my EPF amount entirely???


    I have worked in an organization from Sept -2012 to June-2013 .I left the organization without notice period.The employer is unwilling to sign the claim form.Can i withdraw the pf money or Transfer ? because my problem is my last employer register PF office is based in Maharashtra and current employer PF office based in Gujarat. if i will be transfer my PF amount so can i face any problem in transfer..let me give some details.

    please give me details

    Kuntesh Radadiya

  88. Nitesh V Shah

    Dear Manish,

    I am working in software form , work as Manager : customer Support since in 9 year Company has created My Two PF account in 9 year of service. and major problem is that my company had deposited my one year pf amount in other employee PF account so my PF amount is distributed in three A/c now my company has not support fully related this problem can u please guide how can i get my pf account together.

      • Nitesh V Shah

        Dear Manish,

        Thanks for reply ,
        the problem is that my company has not co-operate me, i had followed with my company from last 1 & half year but still i am not getting any answer from them. i want to know is there any possibility that i can get information about my problem is already process in PF department by my company. please let me guide

  89. Sonia

    Hi Manish,
    I have left my company 4 months back( Apr 2013). I worked there for 9 years. They are not releasing the PF saying that there is a salary recovery that I have to pay for some Loss of Pay days back in Feb 2010. Its 3.5 years old information they are talking about.What can I do?


  90. Haider

    I have a bitter experience regarding EPF claim. A claim application with all documents, many calls and 2 RTI concluded that I will have to visit EPFO office to get them familiar with their own guide line regarding SBI bank manager’s signature in place of employer signature. Right now working in gulf and planned to visit EPFO office shortly.

      • Haider

        In 2008, I moved to Saudi Arabia without giving notice period to my employer, an MNC in India. Although, they accepted my resignation but insisted on a compensation amount in lieu of notice period and issue of PF settlement. I requested for waiver but nothing concluded.
        In 2010, suddenly, I had to return back India after suffering from colon cancer. Fortunately I survived after year long treatment and exhausting all my savings. That time, I sent all documents (Form 19, 10-C, end of service settlement document from last employer) and an application explaining the reason why I have SBI Bank manger’s signature in place of last employer. After few weeks I found my claim status online as rejected reasoning unauthorized signature. I tried to call EPFO office but I was told to visit office. I filed two RTI explaining EPFO own guideline regarding authorized signatory but no justification for rejection was provided except that “ no authorized signature found” and was suggested to visit office. Due to my circumstances I could not visit EPFO office based in north Delhi by now.
        As I am back in job in gulf country again for the last one year, I want to know what else I should prepare as an NRE before I visit EPFO office which is planned next month?

  91. Emran Ulday

    Hi Manish, I am soo happy to come across someone who is soo helpful and being soo patience.

    ThankYou soo much and keep it going!

    Emran Ulday

  92. Muhammad Ibrahim

    I was working in an IT company in Koramangala, Bangalore between the period May 2000 and Jun 2002. When i joined another company outside India i did not claim my PF money. Two years later i have visited PF office in Bangalore and they told me to meet a person in SBI bank where they already sent cheque! But i did not do it because of my vacation got over and need to leave India. But so far i have not got my PF money! Could you please help me to recover my PF amount? I would be great thank full for your service.

    I do not know my PF number even. In other words I am bit helpless how to proceed for the next step! Only thing i have is my old company relieve letter and settlement papers! I am also worried about what if they have remitted in my HSBC bank a/c which was used for my salary pay from my old company. Because after i left the company i stopped using that bank a/c as well.

    Please help. Thanks a lot in advance.

    Best Regards,

    Thanking you in advance.

  93. Anant


    Can an organization running PF Trust take an undertaking from an employee resigning from services that if Form 13 does not reach thier PF Trust within a specified timeline (e.g. 120 days) from the last working date, they may settle the PF account after deducting TDS and credit the balance to Salary Account.

    If there is a rule that says so in EPF Act or Trust Rules, please share the same as well.

    PS: Excellent post.Appreciate the efforts.

  94. Milind

    I am continuing from comment No. 244. I got form no 19 & 10c duly filled and signed from my bank authorities in Mumbai where I currently stay n work. and submitted to pune pf office. One week later they replied that we have received your both forms ant it is under process. I kept checking online, withdrawal status for few days which also showed that it is under process. Yesterday I received their sms that it has been rejected. No reason is mentioned and I have been asked to contact RO/SRO PUNE for further details. Somehow I found their number but no one is answering these number. Any suggestion or help that u can do Sir?

  95. Amitesh Pagare

    Dear sir,
    I was not relieved by my previous company, there my reliving date was 01.09.2012 (two month notice) but I worked their till 31.07.2012. 01.08.2013 was my weekly off and 02.08.2013 was holiday of Rakshabandhan and I joined my present organisation on 03.08.2012. I want to transfer my PF a/c so I am confused which date should i write in form 13 in the column “Date of leaving service with previous employer”. Pl. help me to resolve this concern of mine.

      • amitesh

        Hi Manish ji, My question was
        I was not relieved by my previous company, there my reliving date was 01.09.2012 (two month notice) but I worked their till 31.07.2012. 01.08.2013 was my weekly off and 02.08.2013 was holiday of Rakshabandhan and I joined my present organisation on 03.08.2012. I want to transfer my PF a/c so I am confused which date should i write in form 13 in the column “Date of leaving service with previous employer”. Pl. help me to resolve this concern of mine.

        The confusion was that I was not relieved by my previous company (last day I worked was 31.07.12) and I joined my present company on 03.08.12 therefor was confused about “Date of leaving service with previous employer” to put in for 13.

  96. pankaj Kumar

    dear sir,
    i have pf account.i had left company January 2012 with resin latter
    i have submit pf form but factory owner is doing signature.
    pf officer is saying that if company is live.he can not accept other signature of
    Manager of a bank (PSU preferred)
    By any gazetted officer.
    Magistrate / Post / Sub Post Master / Notary

    what i can do pl tell me?
    with regards,

      • amitesh

        Hi Manish ji,
        My question was:
        I was not relieved by my previous company, there my reliving date was 01.09.2012 (two month notice) but I worked their till 31.07.2012. 01.08.2013 was my weekly off and 02.08.2013 was holiday of Rakshabandhan and I joined my present organisation on 03.08.2012. I want to transfer my PF a/c so I am confused which date should i write in form 13 in the column “Date of leaving service with previous employer”. Pl. help me to resolve this concern of mine.

        You asked what was the actual date of relieving? but I was not relieved from my previous company (last day I worked was 31.07.12) and joined my present company on 03.08.12, so I was not sure about “Date of leaving service with previous employer”.

  97. Reggie


    After leaving my previous organization, I had applied for a transfer which the company duly submitted to the EPF office in 2010. However the transfer didnt happen and on following up I was told that the papers were lost and that I should reapply (didnt take this reply in writing). I did re-apply in Nov 11 and after all the hassles I finally got the amount transferred in 2013. However in the process the 3 year dormant rule kicked in and the money doesnt include interest of about 5 months. I have filed RTIs and also raised to the appellate authority, but the interest issue is still unresolved. What is the best way of taking this to consumer court (recommendation will be appreciated) ?

    Please note that the previous EPF office is Bangalore and the current account is in Mumbai.

    • Did you not get RTI replies ? If yes, then please raise more RTI to clear those issues which are not yet rectified. Or just file a case in consumer forum , I must suggest for this

  98. Dayal

    Hello Manish

    Dussera Greetings!

    My case with PF money is bit messed up.
    My previous company due to financial problem did not deposit the PF contributions since July 2011. I worked (for 3 yrs) with the company till march 2012. Finally in mid of Oct company applied in BIFR. After leaving the job I was not employed for more than a year (higher studies). No person left in the company to contact for PF withdrawal. Also company has not cleared the PF accounts till now considering case in BIFR.
    My queries are
    1) Am I still getting interest on my already deposited money?
    2) Since I am employed now, is the transfer of PF is possible as old account is still not settled completely by the previous company?
    3) If I want to withdraw, how to proceed as no contact person in company?
    4) Will it be taxable as I started working from Aug 2008 till March 2012 and today its Oct 2013?
    5)My salary acct was with Axis bank and I have not closed it, can I take Axis bank branch manager’s signature in case I want to withdraw?

    Kindly advice, it will help many of us going through the similar situation.

    Thanking you


  99. Sabina

    WHY DOES EMPLOYER REFUSES TO SIGN THE PF WITHDRAWAL PAPERS of an employee who resigned properly but left without notice or if employee has to pay something back as in the case No. 264 of Sonia above.

    Many cases noted here are where employer does not sign the papers or create hassles. The PF money is what they have already deducted and paid to a govt. account and it was part of employee’s salary. Why employers stall or create hurdles in employee getting back his/her genuine share of salary. If there is any dispute between the employer and employee, the employer should follow other LEGAL CHANNELS to handle the employee.
    Why there is no law governing this, or is there that we don’t know.

    Dear All,
    I noted many such cases in this forum, why its like that such cases are between employee and employer only, they should settle it, which usually means that employee would bear the whole pain. Why it is that companies block PF transfer or withdrawal in this way. Why this is allowed at all. PF money is already deducted and submitted while the employee was working and always it is deducted after the employee has performed the tasks or duties i.e. from each salary after the months work. In many cases when an employee leaves without notice after resigning the employer also does not pay salary and neither any PF is submitted. THEN WHY THEY CAN BLOCK THE PF by not signing. Why such practice has been going on. Has anyone raised voice against it ??

  100. Tribikram Sahu

    Can you please let me know, i left my job after 3 months when my company started deducting EPF. So can i get the EPF amount back as it was only 3months of deduction? Also i have joined new company but they are not deducting EPF so transferring the account is not possible i think so. Please Help.



  102. Sabina

    Dear Manish
    Many Thanks for the reply to My Comment at #291.
    Could you plz suggest what an employee should do when an employer refuses do sign the PF transfer/Withdrawal forms OR employer delays or creates hurdles in this process.

  103. Anand

    Dear Manish,

    I had applied for EPF transfer from EPFO 1 to EPFO 2 but the application was returned citing incomplete information. I was to re-apply but left Company 2 before doing so.

    I have been unemployed for more than 2 months since leaving Company 2 and so, I opted for full withdrawal from EPFO 2 (through Company 2). I have received the amount as well.

    Can I now make full withdrawal directly from EPFO 1 as well (through Company 1) and not bother about reapplying for the aforementioned transfer? I am still unemployed.


    Dear Sir,
    i am Rajesh tanti, worked for a Call Center from 2003 to 2008. When i leaved the Company i did all the pf formalities but they didn’t submit the form at pf office, few month later company got completely shut down all part of india. last month (10/2013) i submitted form at direct pf office at Bangalore now that also got rejected, now pls suggest me what i have to do further.

    from Rajesh Tanti

  105. Milind

    Continuing from comment no. 246. I submitted my withdrawal form on 5th sept. 2013, signed by my bank authorities. Within 4-5 days I received a text dat my claim is under process. After 20 days they replied it has been rejected n have sent it back on mentioned address, Mumbai. I hav not received it so far. When contacted on phone they said we dnt know d reason y it has been rejected n it might have been sent to ur empolyers address. As I have alredy been refused for signature by my employer he will never return me dat form if pf office have sent it to his address. Wat should I do in dis case? Should I submit a new claim form with affidavit n my address proof?

  106. suresh mani

    Hai manesh,

    I worked for an organisation april 2006 to may 2007, its an gujarat based well known pharma company, i sent the pf form to employer there is no response, in salary slip they cut my pf amount, in epf e-passbook also no details regarding this pf number, whether they paid to pf account or not. what action i have to do?


  107. Milind

    Continuing from comment no. 302. I recently visited to pf office, pune. I found the reason for my rejected form, it says that employer signature miss match. I visited the concerned officer. As per his suggestion, they have told me to re-submit the form without any signatures and attach all the documents and pf office will follow up with my employer for signature. I am definitely going to follow this suggestion and submit my form again but I want ur advise on this matter that hw much do u think this will work?

  108. Akshay

    Hi Manish!

    I work for a Proprietorship Firm in Delhi. Till last year I was an Employee with them and now I have been made a Consultant. As I am a Consultant now, I can withdraw EPF from my account. However, my employers have made a policy of getting signature on No Dues Certificate (NDC) before signing the EPF form. As my Gratuity is also due I do not want to sign NDC and I also do not want to claim Gratuity right now as I still work for them. Can I withdraw EPF without their signature? As I am not unemployed I cannot give the affidavit and as I am a Consultant I do not have any EPF account to which I can transfer the previous EPF money. Please advise how can I withdraw money without Employer’s signature. Thanks

    • If you are not on their payroll, then you are not a salaried employee. You can fill up the EPF Withdrawal form and let it go . EPFO will contact your employer to get their signature and lets see what happens at that time .

  109. Smruti rekha Giri

    Hi, Manish,
    The article is superb and helpful.

    I was working with an organization of Bangalore called Reach SEWN Technology for 9 Months an now the management is been changed, after repeated follow ups i am not geting my form signed.

    Even I dont know my PF Number,
    How to go ahead with the withdrawal, if i dont have the PF Number.

    Do help me…

  110. Milind

    Continuing from comment no. 306. I filled grievance online through the portal & this is what they have replied.
    “This is with reference to your Grievance registered vide Registration Number ROPUN/E/2013/10573.
    It is informed that your grievance is being treated as non-actionable due to the following reason(s):
    This is to inform you that a letter has been sent to Enforcement Section regarding the attestation of the claim on receipt of the same the claim will be settled. Thanks.

    Therefore, we are closing your grievance from this office. Please quote the same in your future correspondence.”

    Sir what does this mean? Please elaborate
    Thanx & regards,

    • Even I am not sure on this . I think you should file a RTI to EPFO now and ask specific question which has answers like YES or NO or some concreate answer which can be given them them .

  111. Abhijit dey

    Hi.. I am working with Kingfisher Airlines Ltd since 2006 . It is well known to the every one that Kingfiash Airlines is no more .

    It would be a great help if you kindly advice how will I withdraw my hard earning EPF with out my company support as their is nobody to do the admin work left . please help as their are many staff who are suffering like me as we all not getting our salary from past 17 months . pls

    • Abhijit

      You should fill up the EPF withdrawal form by downloading it from EPFO website. Once you fill it up and put all info , send it to EPFO and then after 3-4 months I suggest file a RTI application to know the status !

      • Abhijit dey

        Thanks a lot for your reply.

        Sir, am from kolkata and KIngfisher use to deposit PF at Mumbai Bandra PF office . please advice whether I need to go Mumbai and submit my pf withdra application or I can do it from Kolkata PF office . pls advice .

  112. Milind

    Continuing from comment no. 306
    Dear Sir,
    After a very hard efforts over last four months I have finally received my epf amount. I am very thankful to you for time to time suggestions & guidance. I also want to suggest/inform the other employees who are facing the same problem like me, please follow up with your pf office and do as per they suggestions, have patience…….! Also people can contact me on mobile number if any help required.
    Once again thank you very much for ur support.
    Thanx & regads,

  113. Deepak Poojara

    I want to withdraw my pf amount but my company has closed down except for one employee an accountant.
    He is not signing the withdrawal forms sayinying that I dont have a releiving letter.
    I had joined a sister concern after I resigned from the said company.
    What is your advise
    thanks and best regards,

  114. aman sharma

    My services were terminated by my employers after i went on leave. I have been getting reminders from them for an outstanding employee loan account. Now i want to withdraw my PF (maintained by employer’s trust). Please suggest.

  115. Jim

    Hello Manish
    I worked for an institution around 3 years and now I am totally unemployed. I want to withdraw my PF money. But I want to avoid any kind of interference from Employers side.. as i have got a very worst experience with my employers and due to this unavoidable circumstances I am unable to get any help from them. Is their any way to get my PF back, Please let me know.

  116. Pinky Jha

    Hi Manish

    I have worked in a regional Stock Exchange, where they have a very stringent rule that if you get delayed by a minute they will deduct your half days salary.

    Due to this I have lost my more than 50 PL and many CL. now I have left the company given them my resignation of December 16, 2013 and my last working day was on 13.01.2014.

    I have withdrawn salary till November after that my Salary was on hold for F & F procedures. Now they are telling me that they have audited my full year attendance and found 14 more late comings and now they will reduce my 12 days salary (14 late comings for the period till november for which i have already received reduced salary after adjusting my leaves and loss of pay and 4 days salary for my notice period late coming)

    Is it justified apart from this also they are making other deductions as well which again seems to be unjustified.

    please help me.

    Thanks & Regards

  117. Karthik Reddy Chintaparthi

    Hi Manish, I have a total service of 7 years and would like to withdraw complete EPF amount. I have left my job 7 months back, wanted to go for higher studies. What should I do now to withdraw ? Please guide.

  118. Vikash Varshney

    Hi Manish !!!

    I had followed all steps mentioned in this article to withdraw Pf without involution of previous employer as follows :
    1- Filled form 19 and 10C
    2- got it attested bu gazetted officer
    3- Wrote a letter to regional PF commissioner
    4- Sent all docs to regional PF office

    But,all the docs returned back to my previous employer and Now my previous employer is demanding the same amount to sign on that. Actually I left them without notice.Please show me the way bro…

      • Vikash Varshney

        Nah….I just received a call from my previous company that they have received my pf for from epfo and if I want to attest from them then I have to make payment for unwanted dues.
        Please advice bro…

        • This is a common problem. I guess you should have also attached a letter while sending the form, saying that your employer is not co-operating for signatures . Do one thing , please file a RTI now asking EPFO on what is the procedure when Employer does not sign ?

  119. wilfred

    Hello Manish

    Its a really good post. I’m having a doubt though , can I withdraw the PF only if I’m unemployed? Or it can be done even if I am working in a new company ?
    Any reply would be appreciated. Thank you.

  120. Ashish

    Dear Sir,
    On Jan 14 i left job. I worked with company for 2 years 2 months as full time. Now working with them as part timer. In jan I Fill form for pf. I followed with HR for same for two months they didn’t give me proper response. In April they said that my form got cancelled as I joined as I did re joining. Is that possible form which I fill in jan got cancelled in April just because i rejoin after 3 months .. And a week back I fill another form as that they said that i can withdraw a pf while working but I will get only some percentage of pf not full amount

  121. dinesh

    Hi sir,

    i have left the my previous company for my health issue, without giving my notice period.

    now i want to claim my PF amount but the company is asking to pay RS 20000 as a penalty amount when i approached the company.

    i have applied for the pf directly but it say the form is been rejected.

    can u please help in this issue, how should i go forward in withdrawing the PF amount.

    eargly waiting for your response.


    • You should mention to EPFO that employer is not helping you .. give the full situation . Also file a complaint with Police that company is making you run around like this .

  122. syed

    Hello Manish,

    I have my 2 old PF account which was discontinued in 2002(used for 4yrs from 1999), and another old account for 10 months in 2003, now i have a different account from 2008 to till date. Now is it possible to merge these both old 2 accounts to the current running account. will i get interest for these, or should i with draw the old and is it possible, pls clarify.

    Thanks for your support.
    Best Regards,

  123. Hitesh

    Dear Manish,

    As i have go through your suggestion and file RTI for PF withdrawal as my last company was closed than i got reply from PF office that i have to send pf form with duly sing by bankers and i have sent PF form direct to PF office with duly signed from bank but still PF office rejected my claim form which was shown in claim status portal of EPFO.

    So what will do for further process for withdrawal PF.

  124. Saikat Chowdhury

    Dear Mr. Manish
    I am currently working in a Company who has PF facility, but they have given option to opt it or not. Also since my Basic is more than Rs.6500/-, my current empoyer doesn’t contribute in the PF, and if opt for PF then both the empoyer’s and employees’ contribution will be deducted from salary. Hence I have not opted for PF facility. In such case can I withdraw my PF from the earlier organization stating the above reason

  125. vijaysp

    Hi Manish,

    I tried to withdraw my PF amount from Pune PPF Office by sending my claim form dully signed by Bank Officer and A gazetted officer ( if required i can provide a copy of the same) as my previous employer is not signing documents. However, got information through RTI is that claim from 19 & 10C returned to the establishment due to authorised officer’s signayure is not tallying with this office record. Now what is nest step pls guide me.


  126. Vikas Gupta

    Dear Manish,

    I have prepared all documents as defined by you in this article.
    Please do let me know whom to address on the envelope so that It can go in the right hands else there are chances of misplacing.
    Also, what are chances of successful transfer of PF amount??
    As per above mentioned grievance of individuals,no one is getting it without employer signature.

      • Vikas Gupta

        Dear Manish ,

        I have filed RTI asking PF authorities “How to withdraw PF if previous employer is not coorporating”. I got reply from PF department that you have to get it attested through Authorised office only.

        Now any other way left for me bro ??

          • Vikas Gupta

            Hi Manish,
            I have filed RTI asking why my PF withdrawal has been cancelled and what should I do to fetch it from EPFO even it is been attested by bank manager of PSU bank where my account exists.
            I received a letter from the EPFO mentioning “we will not be able to proceed your application further to avoid any frogury. also they sent the letter along with all my documents submitted to EPFO to my previous employer asking why you are not attesting the papers.
            Now I got letter along with all submitted documents (i/c grievance letter send my me to EPFO) from my previous employer in which they have clearly refused to attested my document untill payoff that imposed amount what they are asking since begining. Also they have mentioned that they will see me in court if i deny for that amount.
            Now I am in very tough situation as neither I got my PF amount not any assistance form EPFO.

            • Vikas

              They might do a case on you for not paying their amount, thats a totally seperate issue . They can do that and you handle it .

              But blocking your EPF money is against the law. You might want to file a case against them now .

  127. MayaB

    Hi Manish,
    I have an issue with my ex employer. I have a large liability in terms of credit card dues with the corporate card. I am currently in touch with the credit card company and have started making payments. I had requested my ex employer to help me in withdrawing my PF as I am currently unemployed. However, I was told that I would not get the signature due to this liability. Is my ex employer right? I am yet to get my F& F and relieving letter due to this. I understand this part. Buy what about the PF withdrawal?


    • No , they cant stop you from getting the PF , but their signature is one of the things needed in the form, If they are not co-operating, you can complain about it with EPFO commissioner . Read the article fully !

  128. Praveen

    I have left from Previous Employer 8Yrs Back. Now I want to withdraw my EPF and EPS amount. I have filled the necessary forms and send it to my previous employer for the signature. However, I found that the Authorised Signatiry has left the organisation (my previous employer) and one of the employees has taken the interim charge till the new person is recruited. He has told me that as such he doen’t have any issue n signing my EPF/EPS Claim Forms but he doesn’t have formal signing autorisation from his corporate. My questions is whether EPF Office will have any sample signature and will they verify the employer signature? (Similar to the one Bank verify the signature on the cheque with smaple). Can I ask him o sign on the forms and forward to EPFO? Your advice will be higly appreciated

  129. Manoj Gesulan

    Dear Manish

    I was working for PSU & then resigned from their services. Now I want to withdraw my PF which is in their trust. Company is demanding to pay my notice period & around 2lacs for a circular which was not part of my appointment letter & not ready to apy my arrears out of sixth pay. I have agreed to pay notice period due but not agreeing for Rs.2lacs as it is illegal, also demanding for my arrears arising out out of 6Pay commission. Kindly advise 1) whether legally they can hold my PF for this settlement. 2) Where do I complaint against this company.

    Kind Regards

  130. Syed Sami Ur Rehman

    Thanks Manish Chauhan this is indeed a very valuable information. from my point of view PF is your saving bank of your life.
    Its your hardworking money which is extracted half from your pocket its indeed your money and you have the full rite to withdraw that money with or without employeer involvement.
    Its great to hear that there is provision in PF section where person can remove there money even if employeer is not supporting you and also even there was a long gap after leaving your previous company.
    I thanks for you for sharing such a valuable information.

  131. Anand Thakur


    I am working in pvt ltd company i want to know i have 4 LIC policy i am paying 30,000 yearly, i am not able for PF contribution.

    as per old PF rule 6500 basic employee come under PF deduction,but current PF rule from 1st sept 2014 if basic is below then 15000 basic employee come under PF deduction

    If i am given in writing to my company for not deduction of PF so is this possible?

  132. Dipen

    Hi, I had transfer my PF from my previous company to my current company, Now I have resigned.
    PF Membership Date is showing in my current PF statement is 01.12.2008 and I want to withdraw it on Oct-2014.
    In my previous company I had 30 months old PF account and in current company it is 52 months, total is 82 months (6.8 year).
    I want to know, if I withdrawn my PF is there will be any tax deduction? if so then what will be the percentage of tax deduction and if I apply for withdrawn then what time it could take to receive the EPF money?
    Please let me know it is very urgent. Thanks Dipen

  133. Sulabh Singla

    Hi Manish,

    Thanks for this article. Your article is really good. My situation is…

    My previous employer refused to sign over pf withdrawal form. I have the relieving letter signed by the employer as well as experience letter. When i asked to sign my pf withdrawal form, he told me that i won’t because we have some non-disclosure agreement and you have broken that. I really don’t know what he said. But still, i said him that what is the link between non-disclosure agreement and pf withdrawal. If you have any issue with non-disclosure agreement, then do case on me. So can you please guide me in this issue.


    • Your employer cant do that .. I mean its illegal . You should file a complain in police for this . Alternatively file a RTI to EPFO asking for procedure to follow if past employer is not signing the documents

    • Vijay S P

      Hi Sulabh,

      Pls send a complaint to Directorate of Public Grievances through their website to EPFO and i got my PF money with in week’s time period.
      Try this one..

  134. srikanth goud

    hi, i am srikanth i worked in company 1 1/2 yrs. presently i am not working. i want to withdraw my amount. my question is…., i will take signature from my company. i worked in hyderabad but main branch is located in mumbai (hr is also available in mumbai itself). i will take signature from hyderabad office with my manager & i will submit in hyderabad pf office is it possible ? can i go with this. can i get my pf amount if i do like this plz help me out with your suggestions.

  135. Anand Kumar Sharma

    As per the new law Effective from 1st Sept.2014 my employer ‘ll be deducting the 12% from my salary. Now my Question is that if i’ll leave the job after few months means i m not completing 6 months can i still go and ask for PF amount. Can i Still get that amount even after submitting it for three months only ?

  136. Vimal


    My PF with previous employer was maintained by their Trust in Gurgaon and I have raised a transfer request through my current employer who has PF account with EPFO, Chennai. The transfer request was processed and I have downloaded the passbook from EPFO website which was reflecting this transfer (PF not EPS).

    Now I joined with another employer and raised PF transfer request from EPFO Chennai to current one. However the request was rejected with the reason that EPS with first employer was not transferred from the trust and only the PF was transferred.

    Later I come to know the EPS will be maintained by EPFO and the PF alone will be maintained by the trust. Also, I was advised to raise another PF transfer request (Form 13) stating the EPS is pending. I was told that the request needs to be submitted to EPFO Gurgoan office through my previous employer who has account with EPFO Chennai.

    My doubts are,

    1. Can we send the Form 13 request directly to EPFO who just maintains the EPS (since the EPF was already transferred), instead of sending the Form 13 to the trust? Or still do we need to send the form 13 to employer who maintains the trust and they will initiate the EPS transfer from their end again (need clarity on the workflow)? Also, how we can track this request (unable to get claim status for Gurgoan EPFO office. Even the EPFO site itself under construction).

    2. When form 13 is submitted, can the transfer happen without EPS/FPF? If EPS is missed, who is responsible for that and how this can be tracked?

    3. Is there a way to speed up this EPS transfer? because I have to raise another PF transfer request after completing this earlier pending transaction. (Note the request was rejected due to this pending transaction).

    Kindly try to clarify me ASAP. Thanks

    [email protected]

  137. Fred

    Hello Manish,
    It’s a nice article and it is indeed very informative. I read the comments from readers to find at least one instance where someone has actually used these steps to withdraw EPF. I have sent withdrawal applications to my past employer 3 times only to get it rejected with minor comments. Anyways, the point is, I am an NRI since last couple of years and I lost the interest in this stereotype govt. procedure until I read your blog. I have lost the patience to deal with the “sarkari babus” as well as the “private karmchari babus”. But I would definitely want to give it a try.


  138. arun

    i have been working with a company frm last 2 years and now i have offer letter frm other comapny …but recently my company name and addressed was changed…..and i need to give relving letter ,payslip and offer letter of old company as verification to new company….bt as comapny name is chnged how can the verification take place help me

  139. rhoghan

    Dear Manish

    Thanks for helping and guiding needy persons. I left an organisation after working for a period of 13 years. This is the only company i worked and after which for the last 3 months not employed anywhere. Doing my small business. Can i withdraw completely both emoloyee and employer cobtribution as of now accumukated?. Please guide me.

    • Yes, you can withdraw both the money fully . I think while you were leaving your organisation, they must have given a form to you for this . If not, go to EPFO website and download the forms from there . and complete the rest of the formality . As of now I have not written on procedure . All you need to do is a youtube search and you will see the directions !


  140. Piyush

    Hi Manish,

    I have query regarding the EPF withdrawal.

    I left my previous company in 2013 and my current company don’t have EPF facility.
    At the same moment my previous company is not ready to give signature on EPF form as I don’t have relieving letter.

    I can’t transfer my EPF account to current company but can i withdraw complete EPF amount as I am currently employed?

  141. Bijay

    Hello Manish,

    My father was working with a small private company for long time & he quit his job in the year 1999. He had resigned the company by giving a written resignation. But the employer was not accepting his resignation. He had also not joined any other establishment further; he had no other support documents (joining letter / relieving letter) of his employment with that company except the PF Slips.

    My father had tried earlier to do a final settlement/Withdrawal of PF & submitted his application for withdrawal of PF, but his application was returned back to the PF office with out signed by the employer;

    My father got passed away 4 months before in the age of above 58 yrs.

    Hence recently, i put forward an email with my queries to the online grievance management Systems portal of EPF India.

    And i got an response from them as “You are advised to submit the claim in form No.20, form No.10D(if death in service if the member completed more than 10 year membership) otherwise, apply in form No.10C for withdrawal benefit under EPS, 95 in respect of the legal heirs entitled U/P 70 of EPF Scheme, 1952 along with the copies of death certificate, legal heirship certificate, birth certificate of children below 25 years of age, 3 nos. of passport size photographs, SBI A/c no. of any one out of six Banks mentioned in form No.10D duly countersigned by his father’s employer for settlement of PF & EPS dues.”

    I read your article and i find suitable information here. But in my case, my father is not alive ( he passed away 4 months before);

    Could you please advice me, if the employer is not willing to sign on the desired documents for the settlement of PF & EPS dues as he did earlier; is there any further alternatives/possibilities for settlement of PF & EPS dues in our case.
    Is it possible to get back the PF amount without the permission/notice to the previous employer which my father used to work.

    My mother is alive and by default she would be the nominee to claim for settlement of PF & EPS dues; is it required to apply for legal heirship certificate also?

    Please advice me, if any further documents required.

    Looking forward your suggestions for the same.

    Thanks, Bijay

    • Hi Bijay

      Sad to hear your state as of now .. First thing is that you guys will get all the money , but there will be some issues and time involved.

      First thing is that IF NOMINATION was filled in the EPF , then the process will be smooth, if nomination section was EMPTY , then YEs, you will have to show the legal heir document , which you will be able to get with help of a lawyer . There will be some running around required.

      Next, I strongly suggest that you take the route of RTI here . Anything on email/phone etc is fine, but you know how it works in govt offices . So use RTI strongly, and it can now be done ONLINE .

      File RTI ask for procedure in your case
      then take action as suggested and then file RTI to ask for status
      File a Case against employer that he is blocking the EPF and not signing (he cant do that legally)

      All this might take lots of months or 1-2 yr, but there is no other alternative !

      Ask me later if something is required !


      • Bijay Kumar

        Hi Manish,

        Hope you are doing well.

        As per your suggestion, i have filed an RTI ONLINE in my case on 5th Dec 2014;
        and can see the status updated on 8th Dec 2014 is “Request physically transferred to other public authority (Regional Office – Bhubneshwar) “.

        Today, i thought to submit First Appeal but, it asks me to file the First Appeal to the Regional Office- Bhubneshwar in Physical mode.

        Kindly help me to know the procedures to file the First Appeal to the Regional Office in Physical mode.

        Looking forward your help.

        Bijay Kumar

  142. Keyur Chudasama

    I want to know where to take signature?
    You tell that following person can attested withdrawal forms:
    Manager of a bank (PSU preferred)
    By any gazetted officer.
    Magistrate / Post / Sub Post Master / Notary
    is it necessary to take signature on each place where authority signature needed?
    if I take signature of bank manager then he should be any bank manager or only the bank where I have bank account?(My bank account is in Private sector bank)

    Thanks in Advance,
    Keyur Chudasama

  143. Keyur Chudasama

    I also sent these forms by taking signature of Gazetted officer namely tehsildar though they rejected it by saying that I did not sent forms with signature .

    I took signature of tehsildar on the place near to authority signature.

    Keyur Chudasama

  144. Deepti


    my previous company have their own PF trust. Now the problem i am facing is that despite many applications and numerous phone calls(which are not answered) i am yet to get my PF amount.

    one of the weird reasons that they gave me was “not enough money with us” .

    what are my options in such cases?

    it has been 3 months now that i am chasing with them.

  145. Sree

    Hello Sir,

    I have resigned from private organization in
    June 2014. I have applied for PF in the month
    of September. In october month i got a message
    from EPFO stating “your PF rejected, rejection
    letter is under dispatch” but till now i did
    not receive any mail/post/information.
    1. Do I need to apply PF again?and how do I know why my PF
    has been cancelled?
    2. Is it mandatory to have our own name printed
    on the cancelled cheque?I have attached a
    cancelled cheque which has only my a/c number
    but not my name..
    Kindly reply to these queries. Thanks..

  146. Shree

    I have resigned from private organization in May 2014. I started surching the job in local area but I could not get job for two months and joined the new company in August. From that month they started the my PF deduction and created new PF A/c No. This is fourth month my PF is adding in new a/c..

    Now i have two PF a/cs one is old which is inactive for five months and another one is new a/c which is active.
    I have not transferred old a/c to new a/c. because I am looking for batter job.

    My doubt is how long i keep inactive Pf a/c. (old one) with out transferring to new one. will interest given to old a/c.
    what is transferring period between two a/c.

    If i get another new job and there is also an PF a/c. is it possible to transfer the both old a/c to new one.

    Hope You will guide me.

  147. Mahesh

    Hi Sir

    Hope this finds you well. i have a query abt EPF. I have recently changed my job twice, First i was in organization in Mumbai where i have spent around 2 years. I have every detail of company A i.e. EPF number and all. Then i shifted to Gurgaon in company B where i applied for transfer but due to some reasons i left that in one month and joined another company C. Now i need to transfer there but i dont have EPF number of org B. what should i do and put in name of previous PF organization and other stuff. Will it be ok if i give them details of first company A

    Please reply

  148. prewin

    i worked in gujarat from july 2012 to feb 2103 in a company. after that i joined another organisation and worked till oct 2014 in rajastan. presently i am unemployed. there was no transfer of my pf amount done from first company to the next. now i want to withdraw the amount from both the companies.
    do i need to send the form 19 to both companies separately?

    my native is tamilnadu….

    to which regional office i need to send? gujarat or tamilnadu?

  149. Dhiren Tripathi

    Hi Manish,
    My earlier co. as closed all branches all india in 2012. (mumbai based) Now there is no proper response from co. and no address to send the pf form.means not contact with co. at all.
    Now how to claim the same.

  150. Abhijit

    Hi Manish,

    Very valuable info. My problem is that I dont know my PF number. I dont have my salary slip for my previous organisation.

    Any solution for it.

  151. Punit

    I Worked For A Company In Noida For 2 Years And My PF Account Is Dormant Now.
    I Worked For Another Company In Bangalore For 4 Years. I Did Not Get My PF Account Transferred. I Left Bangalore Company 3 Years Back And I Am Currently Working Outside India.

    Now I Want To Withdraw My PF Balance. I Thought That If I Transfer My Balance From Noida To Bangalore Then I Can Withdraw From Bangalore Without TDS.
    But My Ex Employer In Bangalore Is Telling Me That I Cannot Transfer My Noida Balance To Bangalore Now Since I Am Not Working For Bangalore Company Now.

    I Don’t Want To Pay Heavy TDS.

    What are the Options Available?

  152. siba sankar padhy

    I worked in mumbai in a company for 3 months in 2007. After i resigned I sent filled up revenue stamped signed form for withdrawl. However i did not receive any money till now. I called my employer hr, but the Hr manager had resigned. Later on my call they did not receive the call.
    I have my pf number while i was in that company. can I get that pf amount back now.If ans is yes, what is the procedure?

  153. Chaitanya

    I had worked with Reliance for 9 months (June 12 To March 13 ). I am following with my employer more than 1.5 years for Provident fund but they are not even providing me my PF account number & not responding well to get my PF withdraw. What should i do to take action on those employees (HR Manager) who are saying “i am not a right person to ask all this thing..?? Also let me know how can i come to know my PF account number..?

  154. Richa Tiwari

    Hi Manish,

    I am new to this website and loved your blogs – very informative!

    I need some help in getting my PF transferred from previous employer to the present one. It has been more than 3 years since i left the previous organisation. I completed 2 years MBA (no income) and then joined my present organisation. Could you please give me directions on how to transfer my PF/direct me to an existing link?

    • Hi Richa

      Actually its not that easy truly speaking . You need to fill withdrawal form of EPF to EPFO department . However ideally you should transfer it to your current EPF and not withdraw it because its not allowed when you are already employed . File it and then do a RTI application in next 3 months and then follow up on it. ASk me any specific question you have on this .


  155. rajni

    Hi Manish, I had applied for PF withdrawal in 2010 Nov along with my sample blank cheque leaf. But I didnt get my money yet. Can I apply fresh? I have quit my job and not working since 2010. Also, my earlier company got acquired.
    Please guide me in the process.

  156. Hi Manish,

    I have completed 11 years in the same organization. I would like to know can I one opt for EPF withdrawal after quitting job. I don’t want to go for pension scheme till the age of 58 years. I m in need of money. Thanks

  157. krishna moorthy

    Dear sir

    I have worked in a company from 86 up to 91. for some reason company was lock out and they sent my settlement by post. then I went to gulf country to work now it was almost finished 23 years, my question is there is any possible to claim the epf after 23 years I got my PF card. the company already closed. I have no company signature paper also. please let me know if there is any possible to claim my epf.

  158. stephen

    Hi friends.

    Iam terminated in my office on dec 8 2014 by doing the malfunction i have 4 years pf amount. Is possible to get my epf amount.plz help me in procedure to get.

    • Jai

      It appears that – the route of getting your PF forms without employers signature – seems to be Not preferred by PF dept – and is usually available only if the employer itself is unavailable (eg. closed down etc.).

      PF department will encourage you to get your PF withdrawal forms endorsed by your ex-employer who are bound to endorse it. If they do not cooperate visit the PF department and take their advice.

  159. Jubaid Ali

    Dear Manish,

    Is there anyway to find the PF no. coz i dono my exact PF no. Is there any possibilities to find the PF no with My name or mobile number or with any other proof. Kindly reply. I have many plan with my PF amount.

  160. Yashwanth

    Hi Manish,
    Am 4 years experienced and recently submitted my resignation from my current employer and currently serving in notice period, I have a UAN account
    1. I want to claim for EPF do i have to wait till i serve my notice period or i can go ahead to start claim now
    2. How is the taxation works on EPF as am withdrawing it on resignation

    Any help would be appreciated.

    • 1. You need to be unemployed for atleast 2 month before you can claim it, so better apply for it after 2 months

      2. Registration is not a criteria, what matters is the duration for which the account was active. If its less than 5 yrs, you pay the tax ! . SO my suggestion is that withdraw it after 1 more year!

  161. Chandra

    Very nice article.
    I am having a question.
    Earlier I worked in Company X for 3 months. Not resigned. So, not claimed PF.
    Later moved to Company Y and now in Company Z.
    Please let me know the procedure to draw PF from company X. As I worked in Company X for 3 months, the PF amount is only couple off thousands (max).

  162. Subhankar Mondal

    Sir.I also facing same problem.. is anyone in this group..succeeded using the process..of withdraw PF..please let me know

    Thnks a Lot Manish sir

  163. Parvez

    Hi Manish,

    This is a very useful information you have put here.

    Would you know what is the option one should select for withdrawal of PF amount if he has moved of India? The reason is you don’t get any interest after 36 months so in a way you are forced to withdraw.


  164. Sage

    Hi Manish
    I was working with this particular MNC (who have their own private pf trust )for long . Recently I resigned. But the company refuses to issue my relieving letter and release my pf amount until I pay them a lumpsum amount for 2 months notice period (which I’m hesistant to ,as they no have valid reasons ). How can I withdraw my pf amount from this private pf trust without getting the signature of the employer in the forms to be produced to withdraw pf . Please help.

  165. Micky

    Hi Manish,

    Really wonderful article targeting real life problems,
    In my case, Form 19 (for EPF withdrawal) and Form 10C (for EPS Withdrawal) are already submitted by the company and cheques were also issued by the EPF office but because of dormant bank account those cheques were bounced.

    I had already submitted cancelled cheque of new bank account to my employer but they lost that cheque and have been denying accepting this fact and thus PF amount was transferred to my inactive old account, hence rejected.

    To solve this mess-up, I approached PF office again who suggested me to write a letter describing new bank details and rejected cheque numbers issued by PF office and get this letter signed by employer.

    My Employer did not sign that application saying it is not authenticated by PF office. So after extensive efforts I could convince PF office to authenticate that application with appropriate stamp and courier to my employer and PF office did so. But again my employer is rejecting to sign that application with no reason.

    Manish, Please advice

  166. sunsena

    Hi, my employer has not settled my last 3 months pf amount with pf office. When I went to get sign on the forms. 19 and 10c, they told the 3 months pending arrears will be settled with in one week and asked me to submit the forms directly to pf office. Me too submitted on mar 6 th and credited surprisingly on mar 19 2015. But my employer didn’t clear the last 3 months pf arrears. So i got less amount only. If they cleared hereafter, should I again get sign the forms and submit to pf office? Or pf office directly credit the pending amount to my bank account?

      • Chaitra

        hi manish ,

        i have a query , my case is completly different as above hope u suggest me in this ASAP .
        currently m working in company with bond past 1.3 yrs , my EPF is may be arround 22k .
        i want get out of this company and jump to another company with fake experience ,
        as PAN is already registered for this X company profile , i will have to close this EPF account in order to play safe . so can u please guide me with proper steps how can get rid of this EPF problem in order to play my Fake experience safe

  167. Dhanapal

    I have left the company nearly 5yrs ago but I had missed the pf number and my previous employer is not supporting to revealing the of number..Is there any other option to get the pf amount …..

    • Hi Dhanapal

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  168. Jai

    Previous company A where i worked was bought over by another major MNC B.
    So A did not exist, i enquired and was told to get Bank Manager’s signature and an affidavit (they themselves gave the format) – but after submitting the application with bank manager signature and affidavit, it was still rejected!

    When asked for reason for rejection – no proper reason was given. When pressed for resolution was told – go find the director of your previous company and get his signature somehow. No proper answer.

    It remains stuck. Its a mess.
    No wonder 1000s of crores of unclaimed PF money lies with EPFO.

    • Hi Jai

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  169. Rajan Jolly

    Hi Manish,

    My Brother has been working in a Firm from last 6 Years. Due to to some mess up with senior management he is forced to resign and even got threat for Termination.
    Now he has left the Job. Can he Claim his PPF in this situation as Employer now not giving support and in fact threatening him to take legal action my putting some wrong allegations of fraud.
    Please guide how can he get his PPF Claim.

  170. Nav

    I worked in a company 3 years ago for 8 months n I quit without notice n I have my PF A/c number in payslips n when I check in epf website for balance it say name don’t match…is there a chance that my x company could have closed the account or can i still apply for PF????thanks in advance….

  171. Hi Manish,

    My previous company is shut down(Closed) and i am currently working in new company.How can i transfer my EPF balance because if verification occur their is no company on the mentioned address? Please tell me the procedure

      • Jai

        The procedure outlined by Mr Manich C is pretty good.
        Just follow it.

        Also, identify your correct PF Office, and visit personally they usually have an enquiry counter – and you can even get some guidance there.

  172. KanVin


    Thanks for this information. I need some help in this regards.

    I am based in Mumbai & I was working with one small company from 2008 to 2012 They used to deduct PF from our salaries (750+750=1500/ per month) All the employees were having issues with the employer so slowly everybody started leaving the company.

    In last two years of my job with same company i resigned 3-4 times but my employer didn’t accepted my resignation and asked for some more time to get right replacement . Over period of time i had to leave the company without his approval or notice period, due to which i didn’t get my relieving letter or PF formalities done.

    Now after almost three years i want to withdraw my PF from that employer and currently i am unemployed.

    Do you think in this situation i am still eligible to withdraw my pf ?

    How do i get a sign from my employer ? as is he is not happy with the way i left the company?

    what all the substitutes for this?

    Please help!!!

    Thanks in advance for help…

    • Jai

      The employer is bound to endorse your PF forms.
      If they refuse to cooperate, please personally visit the correct PF Office, at the enquiry counter explain your grievance and you then you may even file written grievance there.

  173. Hema


    In above its mentioned sign of manager (psu prefered ) what actually it means and can i et my pf amount if my previous company is not signing my pf form, and how many times it takes after these all docs submitted to pf office

  174. Valentina Dcosta

    Thanks for the article, really very helpful.
    I was working with a US based firm. My work tenure is 6 months. The company got shifted to Pune. Currently I am not working.
    Can you please mail me the complete list of documents needed to be submitted for pf withdrawal as you have not mentioned how will the money be credited to us( mode of payment). Also I am unable to check my pf balance online, it states member mismatch.

    • Jai

      To withdraw PF following is general procedure:

      – Form 19 and 10C needs to be filled up for this.
      – Also attach photocopy of one identity proof (passport or voter id card or pan card etc)
      – Also attach one canceled bank cheque leaf of your bank account – where you want pf money deposited.
      – Then submit them to your ex-company.
      – Your ex-company needs to endorse them (put signature and rubber stamp), and submit it to PF Office.
      – You can track your PF withdrawal process from this point onwards online.

      I would be happy to help if anyone needs help.

      ManishC> Pls correct if necessary

  175. Jai

    Hello Manish C,

    Some more practical information, which maybe useful to your readers:
    – Visiting Enquiry counter at the correct PF Office is quite helpful.
    – If employer is not cooperating in signing your PF withdrawal forms – they may encourage you to file a grievance there or meet a higher level official (like Asst PF Commissioner). It can be quite useful.

    If you are not sure of a certain procedure, file an RTI to ask specifically for the procedure – get the response.

    This is an excellent article by Mr Manish C for all the lost folks at the mercy of the ‘system’. Patience and persistence works.

  176. Neelu

    Hi Manish

    am in a same boat like many of the users.I worked for US MNC and I had to resign
    with 2 weeks notice as per company policy. But the company didn’t provide proper relieving and it seems it updated their records as Obsconded employee.
    After 3 years I applied for PF withdrawal as am settled in US now and the PF officer
    rejected the application when we went to check about it she mentioned that I need to get signature from my ex-employer. Could you please suggest that if I check with enquiry counter about it ,will it help? Please suggest.
    Appreciate your help.

    Thanks In Advance

  177. Prasad

    Hi Manish,
    My previous employer has closed shop. I cannot locate anyone who is authorized to sign for my previous employer. But I do not want to withdraw the money right now. Instead for using form 19 to withdraw my PF, can I transfer it to my PF account with current employer using form 19? If I use transfer claim form (13), with current employer signature, I still believe that the EPFO forwards it to previous employer for verification where it would get stuck.

  178. Shailender Bali

    Thank you for the informative article.

    My mother-in-law’s PF account is inoperative and she wants to withdraw. In case her employed does not sign the withdrawal forms, is there any change in procedure as mentioned above to withdraw money from inoperative PF account?

    Shailender Bali

  179. Shailender Bali

    Thanks for the prompt reply.

    Employer has refused to sign the form and the PF account is inoperative. She submits all the documents as per the procedure mentioned by you. In that case also, the form will go to the past employer? Whats the purpose of routing the form to employer when he has already refused to sign the withdrawal form?

    Shailender Bali

    • Hi Shailender Bali

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  180. vivek kumar

    I am working in a software training company since previous one and half month. At the time of joining I filled the SBT bank account form, that time they kept form but after that they didn’t submit the form in the bank. As I have signed on the documents and also I haven’t filled date in the form, I am worried that they might use that account form for illigal purposes. Till now I have not gotten salary also. What should I do.

  181. PriyaSundar

    Great work Manish.

    I find my case different and hence seeking your kind advise. I worked in Bangalore based IT org in 2006 (10mnths) and my relieving was near normal (though some strings pulled by mgmt) got my relieving letter/Form16 etc. After 6mnths I submitted withdrawal forms to the office which they ack over phone. For few years later, I was not in India and almost lost contact. On my return in 2011, I started contacting them, initially they asked me resubmit my withdrawal forms which I did promptly. But after that, stopped responding to my phonecalls/mails/Regd.posts etc.

    Later, I got to know the company got merged/sold with an MNC and I understood they are least bothered to process any previous emp. So, I contacted EPFO which insisted I have to send thru the original org. only as they (EPFO) are not intimated of Company’s closure officially. So I stand in ‘trishanku’

    When I queried thru EPF online, it shows amnt is with EPFO but later it shown ‘inactive account’ as more than 3yrs passed? How can I get my fund back in this circumastances ?
    Pls help me

    • Hi PriyaSundar

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  182. Lenin

    Hi Manish, thanks for detailing this processs

    My epf acct is inoperative state, still can I withdraw EPF by above process?

    Also, form 19&10c require ’emloyer signature, stamp’ Will Notary/Gazetted officer will sign in those columns ? OR simply attest the forms at the bottom of each page?
    Sorry if I sound stupid… lil confused



  184. Sidhesh

    Hi Manish

    I have quit my job 2 months back and while serving the notice period i have asked for withdrawal of pf. I created my online account for the UAN i received from my current employer. I added my old pf account details as well but i am unsure whether it got linked/transferred to my UAN because i received only current employers pf not from the old one.
    Please advice how should i withdraw my old employers pf amount?

    • Hi Sidhesh

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  185. sushil

    Hi Manish,
    I m facing the same problem my previous company has been shut down and i unable to contact to previous employer,
    but i asked to EPFO office they was saying without past employer signature there is no alternate for withdraw pf.
    one more thing if my pf office is from Delhi then should gazette officer should be from Delhi or U.P. officers eligible for the same.

  186. vikram

    I was with a company for only one month & i did not ask pf return. is there any possibility to get that.

  187. Nikhil

    Hi Manish!

    Is it possible to have two PF a/c nos.? I was posted at two locations while working in the same company. One pay slip shows a/c no. as 28030 (Bangalore) and other shows: MH/12053-X/06992(Nashik).
    Also, both don’t match the format mentioned on epfindia website: [Region][Office][Est Code][Ext][A/c no.]

    Please help!


  188. nandkishor

    Resp sir,
    my wife left the job but she didnt no hv her pf account detailed how can she know about that and how she could get it transfered it to new account. plzguide me

    • Hi nandkishor

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  189. Hello Sir,
    I was working for ABC company for 4.8 yrs. Later after 8 months of gap I rejoined my previous company ABC. During this period i was working with XYZ company. I neither withdraw nor transfer my PF from ABC firm. After re-joining im in a need to money however ABC is denying to sigh/ take the application because i’m not un-employed and also they are saying we would have accepted the application if u were working in diff company. Currently they have opened new PF account for me not linking to old one.

    Please suggest how can i get my PF from ABC, is there any such rule if I rejoin i wont get?

  190. deepak10782

    I am very thankful of Jagoinvestor Portal & specially Mr. Manish who encourage to withdraw my last company PF amount from EPF Office.
    From last 5 years I was struggling to withdraw my PF amount through my previous employer but they are not ready to co-operate. then I read a article from jagoinvestor by Mr.Manish Chauhan who confirm that you can withdraw your EPF amount without employer support. Then I apply same in EPF office Rourkela (Orissa) with bank signature. After 25 days I received my PF amount in account.

    Thank you again to jagoinvestor portal who help me.

    Deepak Kumar Barnwal

  191. Dnyanesh

    I was working with Re-logistic India PVT LTD, 8 years back. Till now i am not withdraw my epf money.Now i want to withdraw my money but i forgot my EPF account no. Can u tell me how i got my EPF account no. My name is Dnyanesh Shaligram Lohar,Mob no-9766215533.
    My current employer Garware Wall Ropes Limited.
    Kindly send me mail [email protected] (I FORGET MY epf account no)

    • Hi Dnyanesh

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  192. Nikhil

    Hi Manish!

    My previous company has its own Trust that manages the PF accounts of the employees. This trust is asking for a letter of clearance from the HR for processing my PF withdrawal request. When I had separated from the company there were a few points of disagreement between me and the HR and hence I am not hopeful of getting any assistance from them in this regard now.

    1. Is there a way to get my PF amount?
    2. If I don’t collect the PF amount, who gets it eventually? The company trust or the govt.?


    PS: I worked in the company from 2012 to 2014. Have not taken up any job since. I am now pursuing my higher studies in India

  193. Hello Manish, I had a gap of 2months between my first company & second company. so am I eligible to withdraw PF from 1st company (3+yrs). Pls do note that I have excluded my PF deductions from my 2nd company if PF transfer is the only solution. Kindly advise

  194. sreejith


    I didn’t withdraw my pf amount from past 7 to 8 years as my first employer is not ready to give the signature in PF forms.Can I withdraw the amount now ?

  195. hiren patel

    Can i trafer my pf account to new emplyer without any permission of my previous employer….plz send me right answer

  196. surbhi

    Hi, I was working with a company for 2 yrs that is closed now. They did not deposit PF in my PF account but the same was deducted from my salary every month. Can i do something about the same?

  197. Ravi

    Hi Manish,
    Thanks for this great article. I am facing the same issue, my company is mentally harassing me and its really difficult to collect proof against them as everything they do is orally.I am planning to resign but the same PF issue is there.I dont wan to complete my notice period as if i do that they will torture me and if i leave the company without serving notice period they will not give me my PF.If your article is completely true and works i will go for it.
    But my company owner has great links and i have a fear that he might be call epfo office and ask them to stop my pf.
    Please tell me if there is any way to get the PF without any headache as you know its Goverment work and difficult to handle Government offices/workers.


  198. anwaar


    I absconded my company that is without resignation, now 2 months have been over….i need to know the following points:

    1) I need to fill form no 19 but do i need to fill form no 10 as it is for pension scheme.
    2) Do i need acknowledgement of a bank manager or notry in this case.
    3) I dont have a UAN no, i think my company had activated it for us but they didn’t give it to us so will it be required in order to claim the PF.
    4) Since I absconded there is a fine in our company which we need to pay if we abscond, so if I dont pay the fine will it be compulsory for the company to pay their share…do they have the right to withhold their share or can I claim it from them irrespective of my absconding.

    Please help me with the following queries, I would be great full.

    Thank you.

Leave a Comment