POSTED BY June 12, 2008 COMMENTS (13)ON
There are many things we hear and believe , but they are little different in reality, which helps if we know.
– Do you know that When you take an SIP for 6 months or 1 years or for any period , the first installment (which you make by cheque) is not counted for inside the tenure of your SIP. So if you take a SIP for 6 months , you make 6 payments other than your initial payment with cheque , so total is 7 payments.
– The short term capital gain period is 1 yr , means 365 days , but it does not work exactly that way , its 12th month other than your buying month. Means if you buy shares or MF on 12th May , 2008 and sell on 13th May , 209 it is still short term capital gain , to call it long term capital gain , it must see it after 12 months after May , 2008 (your month of buy) . which means you shall sell it on or after 1st June 2009.
– Suicide is also covered in Life Insurance after 1 yr of policy (atleast its there in my policy with SBI Life Insurance).
– ULIPS : The deductions availed under sec 80C is taken back if you surrender your ULIP before 5 yrs. If you surrender your policy in 4th or 5th year , then all hte premium paid till date will be added to your salary for that current year and you will have to pay tax on that too. ULIPS just put restriction on paying of premium fr the first 3 yrs, but offer tax benefit under 80C if you hold it for minimum 5 yrs.
– If you repay your housing loan by taking another loan , you can continue to claim tax benefit on the interest amount paid for new loan under sec 24.
– Tax deduction is available for the prepayment charges paid for the home loan .
– If you face any problem or defecieny in service from banks, you can complain at www.bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in same as
– Dividend distribution tax is levied on the Dividend which you recieve , and it also affects the fall in NAV . So NAV falls not just to the extent of the dividend declared , but also by the tax which mutual fund company pays to govt (12.5% on dividend + 2.5% surcharge also , under sec 115-O )
I would be happy to read your comments or disagreement on any topic. Please leave a comment.
Jagoinvestor is an initiative towards creating happy investors who take prudent and right financial decisions in their life.
Here is the list of some of our best content.