Which nominee name I have to assign to my investment after marriage?

POSTED BY vikram ON March 20, 2014 8:49 pm COMMENTS (3)

I want to keep nominee to my wife in my all future investment.

I recently married and not applied for marriage certificate yet.

She have Id and address proof with her full name before marriage [<wife_name> <father_name> <sir_name_X>]

She don’t have  single doc with name after marriage [<wife_name> <Husband_name> <sir_name_Y>] as per Indian tradition.

Should i continue whole life with her older name? If No

What i have to do to change her full name?

What are the documents of nominee needed while applying for claim?

Need your opinion on my query.


3 replies on this article “Which nominee name I have to assign to my investment after marriage?”

  1. Viren Phansalkar says:

    I think, during marriage if you have changed her first name too then, you will have to first register your marriage. Then go to government printing press in your zone and ask them to publish that post marriage her name would be so and so. This published article along with marriage certificate would be needed for PAN name change. This government printing press thing is needed only if you change her first name along with surname. Else, everything as Ashal said.

  2. vikram says:

    Thanks for reply , i will apply for marriage certificate asap.

  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Vikram, please register your marriage first. The marriage certificate ‘ll give the post marriage name of wife. On the basis of this, please update her name in her PAN record as well as existing bank accounts and investment. Use the married name from here on wards.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.