Transfer of Shares

POSTED BY Anirban Ghosh ON November 5, 2011 11:49 pm COMMENTS (2)

My father owns some stocks physically in the form of share certificates. He does not have any Demat account but is a PAN Card holder. I have a Demat account with ICICI and would like to transfer the ownership of those stocks to my name.
Can someone please elaborate on the process to get this done.

Thank You.

2 replies on this article “Transfer of Shares”



    @ Manish

    My father is having in demat form . what is the procedure to transfer that to my name ?


  2. Anirban

    Your father needs to gift the shares to you first and then you can convert them using the dematerialisation process .. Ask a demat provider on this , he will guide you


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.