Revised Returns for previous year

POSTED BY Sundeep Gupta ON July 20, 2012 1:27 am ONE COMMENT

I had filed the IT returns for FY 2009-10 (AY 2011-12) and I there is no tax balance to pay. But I had Loss in the mutual funds the same year which I did not declare in the IT returns (to carry forward)

As I read in the forums, If I have filed the IT returns within the validity period, I can submit any number of revised return forms. But at the same time I see the websites mentioning that the loss in that year cannot be carry forwarded.

I did not do any mutual fund transaction this year (FY 2011-12) and thus there is no capital gain.

My question is if I submit the revised IT returns :
1. Will I be able to carry forward this loss of FY 2010-11 to futher years ?
2. Do I need to pay any penality ? (NOTE: Only need is to declare losses)
3. If I cannot carry forward, do I really need to submit revised returns ? (I want to know what other problems could rise if I do not tell IT dept about my loss)?

One reply on this article “Revised Returns for previous year”

  1. PRASANNA says:

    Use online filing of revised return option from incometax official site

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today