Received intimation u/s 143(1)

POSTED BY Sainik Das ON July 14, 2013 12:49 pm COMMENTS (4)

I have received an intimation u/s 143(1) from CPC (Dated 04/07/2013) demanding the full amount+interest of previous year (A.Y.2012-13) TDS. I was shocked after receiving the notice as TDS is already deducted by my employer. When I was thoroughly going through the last year (A.Y. 2012-13) ITR-1 that I filled and submitted I found I had entered wrong TAN number.

i) Is that the reason that I got this intimation u/s 143(1)?

ii) They have charged interest u/s 234B and 234C on TDS already paid. Still do I need to pay that interest amount?

iii) In this context I would like to know what I need to do now.

Please advise me.

4 replies on this article “Received intimation u/s 143(1)”

  1. You dont have to panic on this . As you had entered wrong TAN , they are not able to locate your paid tax. Just refile your income tax returns with correct TAN and it should be fine . Meet a good CA locally if any issues.

  2. Mohit Pandey says:

    Dear Sainik,

    Change the TAN number in excel and also do other changes which is relevant and re-generate the xml and file the rectification request.


  3. Sainik Das says:

    What are the procedures of correcting TAN number online??

  4. Mohit Pandey says:

    Dear Sainik,

    1) Check your form 26As. TDS deducted and TDS deposited should be same.

    2) If TDS deducted and TDS deposited then ask your employer to deposit it.

    3) Correct the TAN and other wrong data and file the rectification.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.