Question on Income Tax filing for past year and claim rectification

POSTED BY Debojyoti Das ON November 6, 2013 9:03 pm COMMENTS (3)

Dear Experts, Need your valuable inputs to proceed for next steps on my current situation:

1. Asked for a refund while filing tax this year Jun-2013 amounting around 15K.

2. Got a email from “” stating there is a demand which has been raised for AY – 2009 amounting 20K and within 15-30 days, if not corrected, then current 15K will be adjusted to the outstanding demand. 🙁

3. Called up customer care of CPC and they suggested to contact local judgistration office. Currently staying in Kerala, IT filed during 2009-10 in Bangalore (Manual Filing of amount 16184/-) and in between stayed in Hyderabad (2010-2012). When checked my current PAN no. local judgistration office, it is updated as Hyderabad.

4. Went to Local Aaykar Bhavan today in Kerala, they told, changing local Ward from Hyderabad to Kerala is not possible just like that verbally or with a written application. They informed me to check Form 26AS and asked if my employer from B’lore has credited tax as against their TAN. I checked online (TDS site), all the tax submitted by my Employer during that year 2009-2010.

5. I know now that the tax is submitted by me of amount (16184/-) and i have acknowledgement receipt as well. Also, Form 26AS is correct and my previous employer has provided all details correctly to IT dept.

Kindly guide how to proceed further. How I can change my Ward from Hyd to Kerala. Is it possible that everything will be resolved and I previous demand will be waived-off. Is it possible, I will receive the refund I asked for??? Thank you for reading and providing guidance. Any specific links/email IDs of IT dept who can respond to Grievances will be of much help. Thank you in advance.

3 replies on this article “Question on Income Tax filing for past year and claim rectification”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Debo, I was in India for Diwali and later on to attend a wedding in the family. now I’m back. Please wait for any update from Banglore office.



  2. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Debo, please raise a demand for actual demand notice for the 2009 AY from CPC.



    1. Debojyoti Das says:

      Hello Ashal,
      Thank you very much for the reply. I actually did the same thing. Just to update that I have written a Letter to Bangalore ITO, Hebbal and also provided the photocopy of all the below listed docuements on 08-Nov-2013 –
      Form 26AS of 2009-10
      Form 16 of 2009-10
      PAN card
      CPC intimation letter

      As per ITO Kerala, they will intimate HYD ITO and take the necessary information from them and correct as per request and adjust the amount for the year 2009-10 (it seems the tax paid amount is not being updated, and therefore, it is showing as a due.)
      Now, as I have already send the documents, I am yet to receive any further information from ITO, Bangalore after 10-12 days. I tried calling Bangalore ITO, but no luck. I am not sure anymore how to proceed further or the only solution is to wait until I receive some information from them. Kerala ITO is reluctant to help further in this issue…:-(

      Is there any way, during this year filing, any adjustment can be done as we are already approaching towards the last quarter of the year.

      Ashal, seems you are a little away these days from answering forum queries….:-)

      regards, debojyoti

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.