PPFAS Long Term Value – New mutual fund , but can I invest ?

POSTED BY Rokhan ON February 1, 2014 9:08 am COMMENTS (5)

This is a new AMC and a new fund with only about 6 months in operation. Now I understand that normally new AMCs or funds are not recommended for investments, but I like this company’s philosophy and their performance in last 6 months is also good.

But I see the negatives as well – the fund managers do not have much experience, so I am conflicted.

For more info on the fund: http://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/portfoliovr.asp?schemecode=19701

To know about the AMC: http://amc.ppfas.com/index.php#axzz2rzsUJrLJ

What are your opinions on this fund? Any similar fund that I can invest in, instead?

5 replies on this article “PPFAS Long Term Value – New mutual fund , but can I invest ?”

  1. Rokhan says:

    Hi Srikanth

    Thanks for your inputs .. I am just starting to invest actually. Waiting for my banks documents /accounts to be ready after which I’ll start doing SIP through FundsIndia. Am planning a 20% allocation in this AMC, and remaining 80% through 4 other AMCs yet to be decided.

    Once I decide, I’ll come to you as well for recommendation/feedback on the portfolio.

    Cheers
    Rokhan

  2. Rokhan,

    I’ve started recommending this fund to select clients. I am with you – I like the AMC and their principles, but I’m as yet reluctant to make this a regular recommendation for my clients. However, for investors who have a decent portfolio and are looking for diversification, I recommend this as I believe this fund marks a departure both in terms of management philosophy as well as portfolio design.

    Hope this helps,

    thanks,

    Srikanth
    FundsIndia.com

  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Rokhan, you are always welcome.

    Thanks

    Ashal

  4. Rokhan says:

    Hi Ashal

    Thanks. I just googled it and found that Manish had done an interview cum review of this fund as well here – https://www.jagoinvestor.com/2013/04/ppfas-enters-mutual-fund-business.html

    That gives me more confidence in this AMC. I am researching more and will come back with questions – esp on negative reviews (whether they hold water).

    Appreciate your help always!!

    Regards
    Rokhan

  5. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Rokhan, if you do have faith in the philosophy of the AMC, you may invest.

    Thanks

    Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today