Office cum Home insurance – Anyone?

POSTED BY ankurj ON October 10, 2013 8:39 pm COMMENTS (3)

Is there any insurance provider in the market that provides Home insurance where a part is used for office (commercial purposes software co. office)? (Note:  I am NOT talking about home loan insurance)

I have checked SBI, HDFC, ICICI and all of them have a clause that if a home is used for office purposes it can’t be covered under Home insurance.

3 replies on this article “Office cum Home insurance – Anyone?”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Ankur, please contact individual insurers. Depending upon the need , the policy ‘ll be customised for you. Please do not limit yourself for the standard policies available.



  2. ankurj says:

    Dear Ashal,

    Thanks. I couldn’t find much info regarding Shopkeeper’s policy online

    New India Insurance is offering it but the max insurance is 10Lakhs including shop value and contents.

    Do you know if any other bank like SBI, HDFC offer such a policy.

  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Ankur, you w’d have to purchase commercial premise policy also known as shopkeeper’s policy for your house.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.