POSTED BY June 5, 2012 11:04 pm ONE COMMENTON
My father had multiple accounts in Maharashtra (Thane) and Haryana (Gurgaon).
The PF accounts were created in the following order:
1. First PF account: Employer A (Thane), where he worked for 25 years.
2. Second PF account: Employer B (Gurgaon), where he worked for 1 year.
3. Third PF account: Employer C (Gurgaon), where he worked for 2 years.
4. Fourth PF account: Employer A (Thane), where he worked for 6 years.
He died at the age of 57 while he was employed with Employer A.
He is survived by my mother, myself and my brother, who was below 25 years of age at the time of his death.
Employer A was kind enough to arrange for the transfer of the first PF account into the fourth PF account and help us with the claim process.
We filled the following forms:
1. form no 20 (2 nos. 1 each for my mother and my brother)
2. form no 5 LF (2 nos. 1 each for my mother and my brother)
3. form no 10 D (1 nos. common for my mother and my brother)
We have received the PF settlement, the EDLI Insurance amount and monthly pension for both my mother and my brother.
1. Are we eligible for a claim using Form 10 C (withdrawal benefit) for the fourth PF account?
2. We are unaware if the 2nd and 3rd accounts have already been transferred into account 4. I found a copy of form 13 duly filled by my father and sent to Employer B and C for this transfer after he took up his 4th job. But I have my doubts if these forms were processed or not. How can I obtain information regarding this?
3. If they have not been transferred, how do we claim the PF amount from account 2 and 3? Do we have to contact Employer B and C for this purpose?