MF selection for 2013

POSTED BY Gaurav ON January 1, 2013 12:42 pm COMMENTS (3)

After a lot of analysis,I have selected the following MF .

I can invest upto 1 Lac for long term since i have this fund lying idle in my savings a/c.

Need you help on selecting the best MF out of these(or any other recommended funds) that i shud invest in and how should i distribute the 1 lac among these funds.

Equity – Diversified Funds

Reliance Equity Opportunities-G
Birla SL Frontline Equity -A (G)

ICICI Pru Dynamic Plan (G)

Large Caps

ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund (G)

Franklin India Bluechip (G)

Value Funds

ICICI Pru Discovery Fund (G)

Sector Funds – Banking

Reliance Banking Fund (G)

Awaiting reply and help .

Thanks

3 replies on this article “MF selection for 2013”

1. Gaurav says:

All,

Any suggestions on the choice of funds from the above list?

2. Gaurav says:

Thanks Anshuk for quick response

1. Yes, i am just in the process of selecting funds and hence have listed the choice that i have made so far..
    2. Sure..i was hearing that Pvt banking stocks would do well in 2013 and hence chose that banking fund
    3.Yes,my intention is also to divide the 1 lac among the listed ones..i need to finalize the list of MF which i am currently doing and need help.

Any recommendation on the liquid/ultra short term funds that you have..How is Reliance Floating Rate Fund – Short Term – Dividend based..or any other recommendation that you have?

4. Direct Plans …Not sure of these

5. will check HDFC top 200

So how long shud i wait to enter as you said there would be market correction?

3. Anshuk Jain says:

1. I don’t think you should have more than 3-4 funds in your portfolio
    2. Don’t go for sectoral funds (in your case banking). If you have confidence in the sector, buy stocks.
    3. Don’t go for lumpsum investment. I would say divide the above and future investments in next 6 months. Also I believe the market is up and would correct in near future. You can keep the money in a liquid/ultra short term fund by that time. You will earn 8-9%
    4. You can wait for the direct plans to come
    5. Why didn’t you try HDFC top 200 or Quantum Long term equity (very low expenses)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today