MF selection for 2013

POSTED BY Gaurav ON January 1, 2013 12:42 pm COMMENTS (3)

After a lot of analysis,I have selected the following MF .

I can invest upto 1 Lac for long term since i have this fund lying idle in my savings a/c.

Need you help on selecting the best MF out of these(or any other recommended funds) that i shud invest in and how should i distribute the 1 lac among these funds.

Equity – Diversified Funds

Reliance Equity Opportunities-G
Birla SL Frontline Equity -A (G)

ICICI Pru Dynamic Plan (G)

Large Caps

ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Fund (G)

Franklin India Bluechip (G)

Value Funds

ICICI Pru Discovery Fund (G)

Sector Funds – Banking

Reliance Banking Fund (G)

Awaiting reply and help .

Thanks

3 replies on this article “MF selection for 2013”

1. Gaurav says:

All,

Any suggestions on the choice of funds from the above list?

2. Gaurav says:

Thanks Anshuk for quick response

1. Yes, i am just in the process of selecting funds and hence have listed the choice that i have made so far..
    2. Sure..i was hearing that Pvt banking stocks would do well in 2013 and hence chose that banking fund
    3.Yes,my intention is also to divide the 1 lac among the listed ones..i need to finalize the list of MF which i am currently doing and need help.

Any recommendation on the liquid/ultra short term funds that you have..How is Reliance Floating Rate Fund – Short Term – Dividend based..or any other recommendation that you have?

4. Direct Plans …Not sure of these

5. will check HDFC top 200

So how long shud i wait to enter as you said there would be market correction?

3. Anshuk Jain says:

1. I don’t think you should have more than 3-4 funds in your portfolio
    2. Don’t go for sectoral funds (in your case banking). If you have confidence in the sector, buy stocks.
    3. Don’t go for lumpsum investment. I would say divide the above and future investments in next 6 months. Also I believe the market is up and would correct in near future. You can keep the money in a liquid/ultra short term fund by that time. You will earn 8-9%
    4. You can wait for the direct plans to come
    5. Why didn’t you try HDFC top 200 or Quantum Long term equity (very low expenses)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.