Is DSPBR Top 100 – good choice to invest for 5 years?

POSTED BY Saravanan ON May 31, 2013 12:19 pm COMMENTS (4)

Hi Experts, I am planning to Invest in MF for 5 years. 10K each month. I was thinking of 50% in DSPBR Top 100 and and 50% HDFC Prudence to have Large Cap and Balanced Fund. DSPBR Top 100 performance is not good in last 1 year however it has done well in long term like 5 year. Can I choose this Fund or choose something like HDFC Top 200, which almost many people invest and AUM is also very huge. I am new to analysis itself. Just trying to select a Fund by myself. Please advaise.

4 replies on this article “Is DSPBR Top 100 – good choice to invest for 5 years?”

1. Saravanan says:

Thank you so much Ashal.

1. When you invest in equity (5 star fund or 10 star fund) for 5 years be prepared to lose money.
      Historically there is close to 10% probability of losing money when you do a SIP for 5 years

See
      http://freefincal.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/comprehensive-mutual-fund-investment-mode-comparator/

You can get returns with peace of mind in a debt oriented balanced fund like Reliance MIP.

1. Ramprakash says:

10 Star…. LOL

2. Dear Sarvanan, you can start with only one fund also. Be it DSP Top 100 or HDFC Prudence. No need to panic at this time. Even a multicap fund like Quantum Long Term Eq. fund ‘ll also do good.

Disclosure – I’m investing my own money into Quantum Long Term Eq. fund.

Thanks

Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.