Intimation U/S 143(1) – Whats the next step after paying the balance ?

POSTED BY chikysrikanth ON December 27, 2014 11:29 am ONE COMMENT

I am a salaried employee and I have filed my income tax for the AY 14-15 online. I have received Income Tax Intimation U/S 143(1) via both email and hard copy to my postal address. The file has net amount payable as Rs.1000/-. I have now paid this online (400 – Tax on Regular Assessment) and saved the Tax Payer’s counterfoil which gets generated after the payment is completed.

However, I have not received any further notification/acknowledgement via email or SMS that the demand has been paid.

I logged into the efile portal and I see the status as “ITR V received” and it has not changed to “ITR V Processed”. Moreover, upon clicking the acknowledgement number, the last activity/status shows as “ITR processed demand determined”, but no further updates seen here too. Please advise if I need to submit the receipt of the demand paid as proof somewhere so that it gets recorded that I have paid the demand.

One reply on this article “Intimation U/S 143(1) – Whats the next step after paying the balance ?”

1. You will not get any notification like that, not its your responsibility to share with govt that you have completed things. So you have to revise your returns filing !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.