How to file Tax Returns for FY 12-13 from Outside India

POSTED BY finnaive ON July 15, 2013 11:36 am COMMENTS (4)

I am currently not in India..Came abroad couple of months. Now I understand I need to file my returns for FY 12-13 by 31st July..What is the best way to file my returns, a good website who can help.
I would assistance in filing my returns, as I am not comfortable doing it all by myself. I do not know all the hooks and bolts of filing the returns. I also do not have any CA contact in India.

Please let me know the best site who can help.


4 replies on this article “How to file Tax Returns for FY 12-13 from Outside India”

  1. finnaive says:

    Dear Ashal
    After bit of googling, I have zeroed in on TaxSpanner to help me filing my returns. I am taking their paid service. I am contacting them today to take it forward. I hope these guys are reliable ones.

    Thanks for your offer of help. I will let you know in case things dont go well with TaxSpanner. I might need your help 🙂

    Thanks & Regards

  2. Dear Finnaive, many Indian portals are doing it for you on payment basis. Please opt one. just google a bit & you ‘ll get the site address.

    Interestingly even I can also file for you, if you want to. 🙂



  3. finnaive says:

    Hi Manish
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

    I have some interests and capital gains to declare along with form 16..So I might have to pay some more taxes…in that case, is the 31st july the last date or i have some more time..

    Also how do I file my taxes from abroad?? Any websites/any systems which can help me..I am comfortable filing the returns by myself..


  4. If you do not have any returns to take back or any arrears , then you have time till next year . 31st july is not the last date as most of the people think – Read this –

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.