POSTED BY April 11, 2014 9:41 pm COMMENTS (14)ON
I need your suggestion on building Emergency fund of my 3 months monthly expenses (around 2 lakhs rupees). After reading existing links, I came to know about following three options:
1) Monthly investment in liquid funds for existing AMC
2) Opening of a Sweeping FD account
3) Opening of a RD account.
Investment amount: I can invest 2ok monthly to build this emergency fund.
1. Kindly suggest which option is best suited for me according to my portfolio as mentioned below.
2. If your suggestion is for liquid fund, then which fund should I choose to build this EF.
My Financial Portfolio:
1. Already have one Term Insurance
2. Already have PPF investment.
3. Mutual funds (SIP) is following funds:
– Franklin India Bluechip fund (G)
– HDFC Equity Fund (G)
– SBI Emerging Business Fund
4. Tax slab 20%-30%
5. Having Home loan of 20 lakhs
Many thanks in advance