POSTED BY October 17, 2013 11:47 am COMMENTS (5)ON
Hi Manish ji,
I will join a govt. job this year and I have been following your blog for quite some time. The service you are doing to the society is commendable.
I have noticed that the planning you suggest is for a general person and in itself is excellent. But as I would be a govt. servant(and there are many like me who follow your blog), what difference would you suggest in planning for us.
A few points that I can make out is:-
1) We get govt. accommodation and if it is a transferable job, it is the most prudent place to stay in. So we have to worry about house only after we retire.
2) Fund for pension is automatically cut from our salary(about 20% of basic and equal by the govt.), so that may not be a big problem.
3) Due to CGHS in centre and similar plans in states, health insurance burden is also lessened, is not eliminated.
4) Similarly life insurance is provided by govt.(though not adequate enough except on-duty)
5) The uncertainty in job is more or less eliminated.
Do I miss any point?
According to these points what should be the plan?
My salary would be around 25k excluding HRA and if I do not get the house, about 29 k.(And of course I do not want to indulge in corruption, else I would not have a ned for planning)