Filing Returns for 2009-2010 Financial Period

POSTED BY Prem Nambi ON August 5, 2013 10:28 pm COMMENTS (4)

Hi, I am a Salaried Professional working in IT. I have not filed my returns for the year 2009-2010 and got a notice from Income tax department. Is there a way now to file the returns through online, as currently I am not in India. Also, is the penalty of 5000 Rs is mandatory one or can be waived off ? I dont have any tax pending. I just need to file my return.


P.S. In Incometax efile site, i am seeing an option to upload XML for the 09-10 year, but i cannot create one for the same period, Searched many in google but could not find anyone filing online for that period. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

4 replies on this article “Filing Returns for 2009-2010 Financial Period”

  1. Dear Prem, for my e-mail ID, please contact dear manish.

    The reason is providing mail ids directly is prohibited as per forum rules.



  2. Austin Clarke says:

    If you want to return your tax, fill the form returning income tax form thanks.

  3. Dear Prem, what notice you received from IT Deptt? Can you sharw it with me on my personal mail ID?



    1. Prem Nambi says:

      Sure Ashal ! Could you please share your email id ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.