POSTED BY SANDIP GUMTYA ON November 27, 2012 9:19 am COMMENTS (4)

Hi,Manish sir,

                     I have opened a saving in my father’s name.I want to invest some money in FD through account as it will have benefit of senior citizen.Pl advice if it’s legal if I transfer the money from my account to my fathers acc and if yes how is it possible?is there any special scheme for senior citizen?



4 replies on this article “FD”

  1. SANDIP GUMTYA says:

    @Manish sir,
    How is it to be documented or officially gifted?pl explain.If I gift it to my father,then the tax liability will be of whom?
    pl explain in detail.


  2. Obviously it has to be documented . BEcause its your money , not your fathers . the alternative is to officially gift it to your father 🙂


  3. SANDIP GUMTYA says:

    Little clarification required.If I transfer funds from my acc to my fathers,is it required to be documented?Currently its a single acc.

  4. [email protected] says:

    Generaly Senior Citizens get additional .25% or .5 % on interest rates,

    They may have to provide age proof for the same.

    To do this you can open a join FD account , with ur father as a First acc. holder and you can give cheque from ur saving account. The interest earned will be considered as your fathers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today