Excess credit of Pension by Pension Disbursement Authorities

POSTED BY B.Ranganathan ON May 17, 2014 11:07 am ONE COMMENT

I am a Defence pensioner.An amount of Rs 25000/- was paid to me as arrears. I have asked the details payment of arrears.  After several reminders from me payment authorities revealed  it was a wrong credit. and have deducted  Rs 16000/- in FY 2013-14.

A balance of Rs 9000/-  is yet to be recovered. Can I deduct Rs 25000/- from my income for Tax calculation FY 2013-14 as it is no fault of mine and avoid payment of Tax for money that does not belong to me? Please guide me and send SMS alert.

One reply on this article “Excess credit of Pension by Pension Disbursement Authorities”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Ranganathan, yes you can.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.