Clarification between section 90 vs section 90A while claiming tax relief for tax paid for US based company dividends

POSTED BY Sambaran Mitra ON June 23, 2014 8:26 am NO COMMENTS

I work for a US based MNC. I get dividends from my shares. 25% of the money is held as tax by US government.

I am claiming the tax relief under DTAA. I need to specifically fill whether I am claiming under section-90 or section-90A. What is the correct section to fill? If you could quote the source/reference with your answer, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.