Capital Gain from real estate sale

POSTED BY suyogss92 ON February 19, 2015 4:24 pm ONE COMMENT

I’m planning to sell my flat from which I will be having a capital gain of ‘x’ lacs (less than 50 lacs). I’m aware of two options that I have

1) Either reinvest the capital gain by buying another property within 2 years OR open a capital gains savings account;
2) Keep the money for 3 years in Capitals gains bond.

If I don’t want to go for any of the above 2 options, is there a way I can save or transfer this ‘x’ amount in the name of my family members by way of GIFT, or, opening the CG Savings Account in their name, or, any other option which I’m missing?

One reply on this article “Capital Gain from real estate sale”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.