POSTED BY November 16, 2013 11:11 am ONE COMMENTON
few questions have been running in my mind from some time now.. here they are!
1. Are accidental death benefits double the basic sum assured for all kinds of policies provided the insured opts for the accidental benefit at the time of policy starting ?
2. death in a plane crash/terror attacks/natural calamity/death by any other means– do they fall under accidental deaths ? how the death claim process differ. from a normal one and what benefits an insurer pay as such?
3. if a normal profession person changes his profession to a riskier one (as assumed by many ) such as pilot,stuntman,criminal lawyer or a police official or a politician– does a normal policy benefits like the bsa, accidental death,reversionary bonus,additional bonus etc. vary in some way or they remain same whatsoever may be the case?
4. suppose a person goes for a holiday abroad and unfortunately dies there during the stay period. Now what kind of a scenario an insurance company may present to his nominee and how to deal with it ? ( may be the person did get himself a travel insurance / may be not )
5. suppose an Indian person have got 3-4 insurances here in home. But now he resides abroad,works there,changed his citizenship(may be dual too/may be not),his children are studying there and at last he dies there.
now my question is: which of his policies will offer his nominee the death benefits – his insurances down here in India ,his new country insurances or both ?
6. suggest a very good term plan for a 60 yrs. aged old man and an old man of age bracket (63-65) yrs.
thanks a lot !