Site icon Jagoinvestor

My CIBIL score has been dropped (159 points in 1 year)

My CIBIL score has been dropped (159 points in 1 year)

Hello,

Last year I had requested for the CIBIL report on 22-11-2011. The score was 787. 

This year again I have requested  for the CIBIL report  on 30/10/2012. The score I see this time is 628. I see the score drop of 159 point. 

The fact is, I have made the EMIs of my personal loans and consulmer loan regularly, Credit utilization was very less in during this year. I have made the payments of credit cards and personal loans on time. More details are provided below.

1.  I have closed 2 credit cards (1 of standard charted and 1 of citi bank) by paying the out standing amount

2.  There were two accounts closed (1 of Bajaj finance  for electronic loan and 1 of HDFC bank – for personal loan)

3.  There were two applications that I have filled for credit cards ( 1 for citi and 1 for IndusIND) and 1 for personal loan through ICICI. However I have requested them to cancel the same.

I would like to know why this much of drop in 1 year. Also, can I have calculation formula that you sue for calculating credit score? Even after making clear payments without any mis-payments and cheque bounces, I am wondering there is huge dip in score. 

I am more worried about this now. Even if I continue making payments of EMI and credit cards, by the next year score might come down to below 500?

I am planning to go for home loan. With this score I am afraid Banker refuse to give loan.

Exit mobile version