Our everyday existence revolves around our family. Every second of our life we think of giving the best to our family members. If any of our family members suffers due to ill health then we want to take them to the best doctor and hospital. As per the growing cost of finest technologies in medical field, the medical treatment has become very expensive which is out of common persons reach. A good health insurance policy can help us to bear these expensive medical costs.
Your dreams and plans for your family are as precious to us as they are to you, and Max Bupa Health Insurance Company has designed the one-of-a-kind Heartbeat Family Floater Plan to protect our family members through comprehensive blanket coverage for the medical expenses incurred.
Features of this policy –
- Comprehensive Sum Assured coverage of Rs 15 Lacs, Rs 20 Lacs, Rs 50 Lacs and Rs 1 cr.
- No limit on Hospital Room category
- OPD treatment and diagnostic services
- Medical Expenses incurred on treatment taken under Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) will be reimbursed.
- Tax Benefit u/s 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Emergency ambulance expenses is also covered in this policy.
- Cashless facility is available under this policy at your nearest network hospital.
- Lifetime renewal facility of the policy with no extra cost depending upon the claim history of the policyholder.
- Policy Term is 1 yr or 2 yrs. If the policyholder takes 2 yrs policy then he/she can avail discount on premium.
- Second Medical opinion is also available under this policy.
- People of all the ages are insured under this policy.
- Direct claim settlement through the customer service team of Max Bupa.
Benefits of the policy –
- In-patient Care (Hospitalization) – On the account of hospitalization, the company can cover medical cost while the policyholder or family members are taking treatment.
- International treatment support for specific illnesses – This policy will cover treatment cost outside India for specified dreaded diseases up to opted sum insured excluding treatment in USA and Canada. Treatment in USA and Canada can also be included by paying a little extra premium. For more details please refer to the policy wordings.
- Loyalty Addition – If the Policy is renewed with the company without any break, then the policyholder will get Sum Insured enhancement (10% of base Sum Insured per annum maximum up to 100% of base Sum Insured).
- Hospital Cash Benefit – The policyholder can also opt for Hospital Cash benefit, under which Hospital Cash up to a maximum of 30 days of Hospitalization for each continuous period of 24 hours of Hospitalization, provided Insured person has been admitted in a Hospital for a minimum period of 48 hours continuously will be covered in the policy.
- Domiciliary or In-House Treatment – In case a bed in the hospital is unavailable or on advice of the attending medical practitioner, treatment is administered at home; the company will pay for medical treatment taken at home, which would otherwise have required hospitalization, provided Domiciliary Hospitalization continues for at least 3 consecutive days.
- Childcare Benefits – Specified vaccination expenses for insured children until the age of 12 years is covered under this policy. Expenses related to consultation for nutrition and growth provided to the child during a visit for vaccination is also covered.
- New Born Baby cover – The new born baby will be covered as an insured person from birth without any additional premium, till the policy year, if the maternity claim is admissible under the policy. Vaccination expenses of the new born baby for the first year is also covered if the policyholder adds the baby in the policy for the next policy year.
- Maternity Benefit – Adult female with continuous 2-year policy coverage is covered under this policy.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization Expenses – Reimbursement of medical expenses incurred due to Illness up to 60 days period immediately before the insured gets admitted to the hospital and 90 days immediately after the insured gets discharged from the hospital is covered under this policy, if the company has accepted an Inpatient Care hospitalization claim.
Can I cancel the policy if I didn’t like it’s terms and conditions?
Yes, the policyholder can cancel the policy if the policyholder is not satisfied with the policies terms and conditions within 15 days of purchase of policy stating the reason of cancellation. This 15-day period is called Free Look Period.
Exclusions in the policy –
There is various exclusion in the policy. Below mentioned are few exclusions of the policy. Please refer to the policy details regarding the entire list of the exclusions.
||Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
||Unrecognized physician or Hospital
Is there any initial waiting period or some specific waiting period for elderly people?
The initial waiting period is 30 days from purchasing the policy unless treatment needed in case of accident the waiting period does not apply. There is no specific waiting period for people aged below 45 yrs but for people above 45 yrs age some conditions will subject to waiting period of 24 months.
So, by now you know each and every important detail about this policy. Do let me know if I have missed any important point in the comment section. Please feel free to ask any doubts regarding this policy.