POSTED BY November 15, 2012 5:05 pm COMMENTS (5)ON
I have a question related to “write off” comment in CIBIL report. Recently applied for home loan. We got the information from the bank that there is a “write off” comment in CIBIL report against consumer loan which pertains to 2005 year. I am not sure how to get the information about consumer loan as I dont have any records before year 2008.
Is there a way to get this information
2021 © Jagoinvestor.com All Right Reserved
5 replies on this article “Write off in Cibil report”
Sashi – Please follow the steps
1) Order your CIR (Credit Report) from http://www.cibil.com
2) Go through each tradeline to identify which lender’s status is noted as “write-off”
3) Contact the same bank to rectify it, if this is an error.
If you owe them some money, talk to them and “settle” the matter to take the comment “write-off”
4) Once you do this, it will take 6 to 12 months for your “CIBIL credit score” as well as “Equifax Score” to improve.
Dear Mr. Sasikumar,
The best way to find out about the “write – off” comment and other details like the date of account opened, loan amount, bank’s name etc. would be by requesting the bank to provide you a copy of your credit report. Your credit report will state all the facts about your credit history and also will help you confirm whether you have any records before the year 2008.
Alternatively you can also obtain your credit report from CIBIL by making an online or offline payment as per your convenience.
We precisely provide a service where we analyse an individual’s credit report and give a detailed description and understanding of the credit report and credit score.
Additionally we also provide a service where we counsel individuals on how to improve their credit score and also execute these steps for them. Please take a look at our website http://www.credexpert.co.in. We would be happy to provide our services to you.
I would do this-
1. Get the CIBIL report.
2. The report would have break up of all “Loan” account you have held till now.
3. Under each accounts, there will be a section called “Colleteral” and “Status”. Check the section carefully, It will have
WRITTEN-OFF STATUS –
WRITTEN-OFF AMOUNT (TOTAL) –
WRITTEN-OFF AMOUNT (PRINCIPAL)
4. If there is an entry and a value, then there is a problem. If you think its incorrect, you can dispute this with CIBIL.
5. You should also talk to your Bank/Loan provider to get this cleared.
Did you have any loan earlier or not ? I think you had a lot of them and now not sure which one of those are appearing on your report . For this now you need to contact CIBIL and check out the bank !
Do you mean that you dont remeber the loan that you took from a bank or you did not take any loan before 2008?