Withdraw PF from private PF organization without Employer intervention

POSTED BY SahniManish1985 ON October 7, 2013 4:53 pm COMMENTS (18)

Hi All,

I was employed in an organization and I left it without serving proper notice period. So, I don’t have relieving letter with me. I went through this forum and understood the process, but still I have some queries.
PF no. is: HIL EPF Trust-HR/5572/261863

1. What should be my course of action to withdraw the PF.

2. What all documents do I need to send to withdraw the PF and to whom? Shall I send it to my organization(employer) or Hindustan Instruments Ltd (PF firm for organization) or to EPF office?

3. If I have to send all the documents to EPF office – how can I get the address of the office?

4. Is there any format or any order in which the documents should be sent?

5. How can I keep a track of the submitted application? In case I would need to file a RTI.

Please let me know the complete process. I shall be very thankful.

Kindly help. Thanks Much.

18 replies on this article “Withdraw PF from private PF organization without Employer intervention”

  1. Krishna kumar says:

    Hi guys, I’m Krishna & still working in hcl hyderabad. 1 week before i registered my details for PF in UAN Member Portal. I tried to view my passbook details. But it’s shows “Passbook not available as pertain to exempted establishment (i.e. Trust)” like this message. I need ur help to view my PF passbook. plz help me.

    1. Hi Krishna kumar

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  2. Nikhil says:

    Hi Guys,

    Need your help!

    I am in a situation where I worked for 3 years and 10 months and left my job for a PhD (5-6 years). My PF is managed by a private trust.

    When contacted, they said that I can only withdraw after 5 years of service, which I understood. I am happy to continue my PF account as such, but the interest will be added only for 3 years. So, I don’t know what to do ?

    As of now, I am in a college and there is no earnings (only stipend which is exempt). If I withdraw now, how much tax would I have to pay ? Is it the tax exemption I got while contributing OR whatever my annual income turns out to be in this year ? Since my PF balance is 4 Lacs and I earn 0, will I pay tax on only 4 Lacs of income?

    Is there any way to keep getting interest after 3 years as I won’t be working for at least 5-6 years until my PhD is over.


    1. You can withdraw it , but it will be considered as your income and you will have to pay tax as per current slab. It wont be a big amount, so I think you can withdraw it if you need the money !

      1. Nikhil says:

        Thanks Manish for the prompt reply.

        Withdrawing seems a good solution. But I really don’t need the money. Is it possible (anyhow) to get interest even after 3 years ?

        If not, then I will withdraw the money straight away.


        1. No, you wont get it after 3 yrs for inactive account. THe only solution is to transfer it to another active EPF account, so that everything is at one place !

          1. Nikhil says:

            Hi Manish,

            What I have come to know from PF authorities is something like that:

            My current PF balance is 437,000
            My contri = 207,000
            Company’s contri + interest = 230,000

            My contri is comprised of: 165,000 (my money) + 42,000 (80C exemption @ 20%) = 207,000

            So, out of 437,000, first they will deduct 42,000 (my 80C exemption) and tax the 230,000 (company’s contri plus interest).

            Now, I am fine with taxation part but I don’t understand why my 80C exemption is being reversed ?

            Any help on this matter is appreciated!


            1. Is it withdrawal before 5 yrs are complete ? Because in that case, 80C benefits are reversed

  3. purnima says:

    Hi Manish,

    I have same problem that you have mentioned here.

    Please tell have u successfully withdrawn you pf money frm the account without cooperation of employer?

    Please suggest!

    1. I withdrew my EPF successfuly, but my employer only filled the form 🙂

  4. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Manish, for the given situation, please contact your previous employer upfront. Demand your PF Money and let them decide about your Notice period and related amount.



  5. SahniManish1985 says:

    They are not asking me to pay the amount yet. They just expect me to serve the notice period. But i can not server the notice period.
    If they ask for notice period amount – it will be around 52k and the amount at stake is around 1.6 lac
    What should I do now?

  6. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Manish, how much money is at stake? Here answer both. The amount to be paid by you and to be claimed by you?



  7. SahniManish1985 says:

    Hi Ashal,

    Thanks for the reply. Could you please apprise me about the legal process as well.
    I am not expecting any cooperation from my organization.

  8. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Manish, if the notice period amount which you w’d have to pay is less than your PF amount, pay the notice period amount and claim your PF. Last option to you is litigation in a court of Law.



  9. SahniManish1985 says:

    My PF no. is HIL EPF Trust-HR/5572/261863
    I understand I have to send the following documents.
    – form 10c and 19 –attested by Notary (becauseThe previous employer is not cooperating. So what should I do now?)
    – a letter to EPF stating the reason for getting sign from notary
    -cancelled cheques (2)
    – pan
    -affidavit on rs 100 paper attested by notary – attesting that i am not employed anywhere

    2. What should be address of the organization where I send these documents?
    Should I send it to HIL or EPF office? If I should send it to EPF office – I dont have the address. Pls help me with the address of EPF office.

  10. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Manish, from your quyery it seems that you are not under EPFO but in a registered PF trust. Please contact your old employer to get your PF amount.



    1. SahniManish1985 says:

      Hi Ashal,
      Thanks for the reply. Yes that is correct but I can not go back to my previous employer. They are not cooperating as I left the organization without serving the proper notice period.
      Could you please suggest what should be done in such a case.
      Many Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.