POSTED BY November 28, 2013 11:23 am COMMENTS (3)ON
Recently my brother in law, aged 58 yrs, working in a central govt. department has died and is being survived by his wife (issueless), mother (getting family pension of her husband), one brother and a sister. It has been now found that deceased has nominated:
1. his mother and his wife jointly for terminal payments ( PF, Gratuity, Pension etc.)
2. his mother in Life Insurance Policies
3. his mother in Demat a/c for equity shares investments
4. his mother in various bank accounts
5. his mother in mutual fund investments
The deceased, who made no will, has willfully tried to deprive his wife (sole legal heir in this case) of his assets by nominating his mother. What are the remedies left for the widowed wife for getting her legal due?