What things need to be taken care wrt Mutual Funds if going abroad for long term

POSTED BY Himanshu Khatri ON September 21, 2014 10:56 pm NO COMMENTS

My current investment in mutual fund via monthly SIP is in AMCs: ICICI, HDFC and Reliance. I do have online accounts for mentioned AMCs.

I am going to US by this month end.  As a precaution, I have updated my communication address to permanent address by submitting KYC change form.

SIP amount is getting deducted from my savings account which is my salary account too.

My query is do I need to communicate fund houses that I will be going out of India for specified period and what’s the procedure.

Also, please let me know if any further thing need to be taken care wrt Mutual Funds.


Warm Regards,


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.