Very late withdrawal of PF from employer after 20 years

POSTED BY a ON April 2, 2015 6:26 pm COMMENTS (6)

I left a company in 1994. From a PF viewpoint it was an “exempted establishment. I started working for another company immediately and filled up form 13 for transfer of PF. When I retired in 2010 I found that this company had not transferred my PF. After great follow up they say it was paid in 1994 itself (presumably to EPFO).

Now they say that my request for PF withdrawal is time barred.

Is there any time limit for withdrawal of PF from a company you worked for 12 years?

6 replies on this article “Very late withdrawal of PF from employer after 20 years”

  1. Amit sharma says:

    Hi sir
    Mera pf uan no.100544319331 h abhi tak account me paise nhi aaye please help 1 month ho gaya but abhi tak mere account me paise nhi aaye

    1. Hi Amit sharma

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  2. says:

    You will have to visit EPFO office and check the records for the transferred amount received in 1994 provided you have filled the form for transfer before/after leaving the earlier organisation

  3. Dear Sir,

    Did you applied for any transfer of PF in 1994 when you left the company? If yes then the employer ?(exempted establishment) must have transferred the PF accumulation to your new employer (having un-exempted PF a/c with EPFO). There is no time line to claim your PF Dues from employer or EPFO. Only the account becomes inoperative after 36 months of non-contribution. But the same law was effective in 2010. So you should get your PF dues with interest till 2010. Y

  4. Bunker says:

    For all employees who have missed or lost PF accumulation in the past, EPFO has launched the “Inoperative Account Helpdesk”.

    Here is the link:

    Please write to them giving them all the details and they should be able to help. Please preserve all letters you write to them.

    2) You can browse the EPFO directory in the area where you once held your PF.

    Try visiting that EPFO office or write them a registered letter and/or email preserving all records.

    3) Alternately you can raise a grievance to the EPFO office.

    Please use any or all of the above mentioned options to proceed further.


    1. Vishal says:

      The Link is not working. Is there an alternate link?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.