POSTED BY July 29, 2013 12:14 am COMMENTS (2)ON
I have been long time looker and a regular visitor, but this is my first post/question.
Please clarify following doubt in filling my Tax return.
* I skipped claiming HRA as i am staying with GrandMother, but later thanks to Jago article<https://www.jagoinvestor.com/2011/01/income-tax-saving-tips-video.html> found its legal to claim it. How to claim refund of this as i don’t see any specific dectection entry on ITR-1 excel sheet or online form?
* Next one is about adding interest rate from RD as other source of income. I had 2 RD which started on 3rd March’11 and 12th Jan’12, and former matured on 3rd March’13(interest Rs.3137) and 12th April’13(interest Rs.4362).
– Should i just add the entire interest to other source of income?
– Which Assessment year is the second RD part of?
* Next one is about Interest earned from SB account. Please confirm
– if max of Rs.10000 can be re-claimed under 80TTA?
– and the claimed is applicable after consolidating all SB account’s interest.
BTW i have looked at latest guide.
2021 © Jagoinvestor.com All Right Reserved
2 replies on this article “Tax return Clarifications on RD and HRA”
to answer part of your question use this RD calculator to figure out tax liability:
Pattu, Thanks a lot for the calculator.
* For the first RD, which spreads across 2 Assessment Year(current and last; for which i didnot file IT), so i am just going to calculate on the matured amount. Thanks to Ashal.
* For the second RD’s interest i am going to use your calculate and file ITR.