Surrender LIC Policy

POSTED BY Sarvesh Gupta ON November 23, 2012 9:20 pm COMMENTS (4)

Do I need to physically present at the LIC Policy issuing office to surrender the policy?

I am looking to surrender Endowdment and ULIP from LIC.

4 replies on this article “Surrender LIC Policy”

  1. Sarvesh

    You can do it by Post also . All you need to do is write a surrender letter and send it via post to LIC branch ! .

    1. Sarvesh Gupta says:

      Thanks Manish. Since I’ll be sending the originals, is there any guidelines to get acknowledgement of some kind with speed post or courier.

  2. Yerikalapudi Govardhana Rao says:


    i have opended LIC’s Jeevan Varsha policy 6747655496 for Rs.
    50,000/- on 14-04-2009 by name of me Yerikalapudi Govardhana Rao S%
    Y.saibabu sincerely i paid Rs, 9000/- to LIC branch due to some
    family domestic problemsof my father i have not continue the policy now i am
    studying final degree i need of money in this connection i request to
    advise how i will get which i have paid amount only any returned amount from LIC regarding this policy and whom to i approach further in this matter

    The following details are given below for your kind perusal and
    further necessary help
    My Name: yerikalapudi Govardhanan Rao
    Policy NO: 6747655496 Branch code 688 Guntur. A.P
    Y.Govardhana Rao s% Y.saibabu,D No: 5-3-12,2/2, Brodiepet, Guntur-2
    cell NO; 9291669225

    1. Ramesh says:

      Unfortunately, your policy will only give you 30% of the premiums paid, excluding the first year premium plus the cash value of any existing guaranteed bonuses.

      You will have to ask your local LIC office for the amount.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.