Should I still hold HDFC Top 200 ?

POSTED BY sudh11482 ON April 11, 2014 1:47 pm COMMENTS (4)

Dear All,

I am investing Rs 1000 per month in HDFC Top 200 since Oct 2011 and Rs 1000 in Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund since apr 2013.

I read at many websites about the poor performance of HDFC Top 200. So pls help me whether to continue in it or to close it.

With Regards,

Sudhanshu

4 replies on this article “Should I still hold HDFC Top 200 ?”

1. ashalanshu says:

Dear Sudhanshu, in continuation of dear Jasjit’s reply above. When HT200 was 5 star, people were asking should I invest or not? When it went low to 4, 3 and 2 star, people were asking should I invest? Now bounced back to 4 star and still people are asking, should I invest?

For all these years, my reply has been same. I’m investing my own money in HT200. You are free to make your own conclusion. 🙂

Thanks

Ashal

2. Jasjit says:

Hi Sudhanshu,

I personally feel you should continue with HDFC 200, It has bounced back as four star rated fund in latest valueresearchonline star rating.

Regards
    Jasjit

3. ashalanshu says:

Dear Sudh, HDFC Top 200 fund has benchmarked itself against BSE200 index. Please compare the performance of fund and index from your joining day and decide. on the basis of performance.

Disclosure – I’m investing my personal money in HDFC Top 200. You are free to make your own conclusions from my disclosure.

Thanks

Ashal

4. Viren Phansalkar says:

If you read Ashal’s previous comments on similar queries, he would suggest you to compare the fund’s performance with its benchmark. If the fund is not able to keep pace with its benchmark and frequently staying above its benchmark, dump it. Else retain it.
    However, before doing that you would have to answer few queries to yourself like:
    1. Were you long term investor?
    2. If not, what are doing with Top200?
    3. If yes, why do you think to switch to some other fund?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.