Second ELSS to pick for 2014-15 , which one should I buy ?

POSTED BY Venkat A ON August 8, 2014 8:58 pm COMMENTS (5)

Hi Everyone,

I have invested in Axis Long Term Equity (G) last year as part of my tax planning. I again in need of investing for tax planning  in 2014 to 15. I considered below to invest in this year . Could you please suggest me these two are worth to hold for very long term ?

I also would like to invest in lump sum as each SIP gets locked in for 3 years.

• ICICI Pru Tax Plan
  • Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) (G)
  • Or Should i consider adding the amount to AXIS Long term MF it self ?

I see Reliance Tax Saver has high returns over ICICI one but it has many ups an downs on NAV history.

Your comments are much appreciated.

5 replies on this article “Second ELSS to pick for 2014-15 , which one should I buy ?”

1. Venkat A says:

Thank You Hemanth for the link,

Based on excel data, there will not be much difference in terms of failure among those 3 MFs.

So am looking with AXIS with a different plan on same LTEF now

Earlier i took Axis Long Term Equity Fund Growth plan but now i would like to go with Axis Long Term Equity Fund DIRECT Growth Growth plan.

Please suggest me if that is okay as any how i have to keep that for minimum of 3 yrs period.

2. Venkat A says:

Thanks for the comments… Am just thinking that I might be taking some risk by choosing the same plan second time..so thought of investing in second AMC for minimising single point of failure/loss …

1. Hemanth Chandra says:

Then invest in multiple funds…. Also the overlapp b/w these funds is also very low.

You can find the overlap by the excel in this link.
      http://freefincal.com/mutual-fund-portfolio-overlap-checker/

better invest lumpsum in ELSS instead of SIP

3. Hemanth Chandra says:

Invest in Axis LTEF only…. they are all performing in the similar fashion…. also you can track at one place only…. no need to track from 2 different websites…. Keep it simple.

4. Sumit says:

You have done your research, so you only can decide where you are comfortable.

If you want to divide within 2 ELSS, better to put 60-70% in AXIS LTEF,
    and rest 30% can be wither put in Reliance or ICICI Pru.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.