POSTED BY September 21, 2014 10:47 pm COMMENTS (2)ON
I’m looking to invest through SIP route in Mutual Funds with a 15-20 year horizon. Requesting from fellow forum members who have invested in SIP for at least 10 years.
Kindly enlighten me on the following.
1. Could you share details of the MF scheme you invested and gains made over these years?
2. How did you selected the fund you started and continue to invest?
3. Did you ever switch the funds? If so, what was the motivation?
4. Did you increase the periodic amount over years?
5. How to remain disciplined in tough times?
6. What are indicators for alarm bells?
7. Does cash out attracts normal IT rate or can take long term capital gains?
8. Is there a bull market vs bear market phase to be considered for starting the SIP?
9. Any other suggestions?