POSTED BY September 20, 2012 11:34 am COMMENTS (4)ON
I’ve read an article on Health Care Inflation (https://www.jagoinvestor.com/2012/09/health-insurance-inflation-in-india.html) few days back. Also, I’ve come across a new Health Plan – Religare Care Plan.
Religare Care Plan comes up with following features –
1) 50L S.A. at 26,000 for 35 year old couples with Lifelong Renewability
2) With recharge option, above amount equals to 1 Cr.
3) Recharge option rectifies one of the major drawback of Restore – While in Restore it gets available for next claim only, in Recharge – S.A. gets reinstated whenever it gets exhausted.
4) Abroad treatment are covered for >=50L cover
5) Free annual health check-up
Is it ‘too good to be true’? Or, is it solution to (almost) all of the problems mentioned in the article?
Will we see a consumer-friendly competition in health insurance now, just like AR started with the term insurance?
Please share your views.