Regarding AY Correction

POSTED BY Pritesh ON June 19, 2013 2:04 pm COMMENTS (3)

In AY 2012-13, I had to pay 9056/-Rs to income tax department. (In Aug, 2012) 

I paid online but I made mistake. I wrote wrong AY 2011-12. 
Now, I got demand letter from Income tax department asking for 9056/-Rs. 
I don’t know, how to do rectification of the same? 

3 replies on this article “Regarding AY Correction”

  1. Ashish Garg says:

    Dear Pritesh,

    If they are saying that correction is done from their side, take an acknowledgment from them and respond to the IT Demand notice with a copy of this acknowledgement or with a copy of application given to IT deptt for rectification.


  2. Ashish Garg says:

    Dear Pritesh,

    I believe you must have paid the taxes online. If you have paid these taxes in last 7 days, approach the bank (through which you have paid the taxes). Banks can make corrections in Challan within 7 days of receipt of taxes. In case this period has passed, You need to meet up with your Income Tax Assessment Officer to carry out the corrections.

    For carrying out the correction you may follow the link for guidance:

    Ashish Garg

    1. Pritesh says:

      I went to Income tax office. ASk desk. I did apply for correction.(Long Back)

      They are saying that we have done correction from our side.

      You have to follow CPC.

      Online, it is not reflected correction of said amount.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.