Query on Accident Insurance as a rider and as a standalone policy.

POSTED BY Sylvestor ON October 12, 2011 4:13 pm ONE COMMENT

Suppose I have a term plan with accident (death and disability) riders and
a separate standalone accident insurance policy.

In the unfortunate event of accident, can I submit my claim to both (term insurance company and accident insurance policy company)?

If yes, to which one do I need to submit original document to substantiate my claim?
(Obviously, I cannot submit original document to both the companies)

One reply on this article “Query on Accident Insurance as a rider and as a standalone policy.”

  1. DP says:

    Firstly, please specify your name so that addressing is easy.

    Yes, one can submit claim to both companies both in the event of total disability and other eventuality.

    Original copy to be submitted with one and copy of documents with other along with letter stating that originals have been submitted with other company.

    PS: One of my friend followed the same and facilitated the claim for one of his customer.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.