Queries related to EPF

POSTED BY Biswajit Pal ON June 10, 2013 12:30 pm COMMENTS (38)


Below are my queries:

Job 1: Company A – period 2 years ( June’06- June’08) –Maintained by EPFO           Transferred to Job2

Job 2: Company B – period 2.1 years (July’08-Aug’10)–  Maintained by EPFO        Transferred to Job3


Job 3: Company C– period 2.8 years (Sep’08-May’13)– Maintained by EPF Trust


1. What will be my total service period based on EPF definition? Is it 6.9 years or 4.1 years as in company C the PF fund is maintained by EPF trust

2. If I withdraw my PF money will it be taxable or non-taxable?

3. I am planning to buy an apartment by mid of 2016 after completing  10 years in my career. Say I bought an apartment costing 50 lakhs. Now as per bank home loan rule I could take a loan of    maximum of 80% of the price. So can I pay the rest 20% by withdrawing the PF money at that time?

Thanks in advance for your help and waiting eagerly for your reply.



38 replies on this article “Queries related to EPF”

  1. Mandeep says:

    Hi Manish,
    I checked my pf balance through umang app it’s. Employee Share 21250, Employer share 8030 and pension share is 18129, after withdrawal of Rs. 5000 as partial withdrawal. I also left that job.

    Now I will submit withdrawal form with my employer till 1st November.

    Can u help me to calculate that nearabout how much amount I will get.


    1. Anuradha Singh says:

      Hello Mr. Mandeep. We won’t be able to help you with the calculation. Thank You


  2. Birendra Chhetri says:

    Dear Sir,

    An employee has attained 58 years of age. Now he doesn’t want to contribute and wants to withdraw his money. Can we discontinue his EPF contribution and on which grounds? What are the rules?

    1. One can not stop this regular EPF contributions which is going by default. However on retirement , one can withdraw this EPF fully

      One can also withdraw from EPS, only if its not 10 yrs old ,otherwise its compulsory to get the pension amount


  3. samik goswami says:

    is it possible to contribute simultaneously from two companies at a time

    1. I dont think so .. unless you are employed at two places !

  4. Hi,

    Last week i received my pf but, it’s some less amount around Rs. 15000/-

    1. So whats the question ?

  5. kavitha says:

    hi Manish,

    I have taken a PF loan for purchasing a flat. I had to give the utilisation certificates. But the problem is the agreement documents are not ready . Builder has not yet sent them to us. We are getting the flat for occupying only in December 2018. What can be done. They may recover the money now. Can I send them copies of another property I purchased for the same amount at the same time ,,,stating that since the property I wanted to buy is still not ready we have purchased a different one, with the details please let m e know..

    1. Hi kavitha

      This query belongs to CA domain, hence we are not the right people to comment on this issue.

      I suggest you get in touch with a CA for this in your city.

      We also have a CA partner incase you want to explore that, Just fill in your details here and they will give you a complimentary call back



  6. Sanam says:

    Dear Sir,

    I have been working with a company for last3 years. My PF was regularly getting deducted & deposited. Now i am moving to another company which is exempt from PF laws. Request you to provide clarity on following points:-
    1. Can I withdraw the amount?
    2. If i with draw the amount whether same would be taxable since 5 years have not elapsed?
    3. In case it will be taxable then can I choose to continue the account as it is with old employer & withdraw after 2 more years? Will there be no issue if I withdraw after 2 years ?

    1. 1. Yes you can
      2. Yes
      3. Yes

  7. Sunil Kumar bv says:

    Can I nominate my sister for my PF.

  8. Asupathy says:


    I have worked in a company for 4 years. Recently joined in new company. I didn’t transfer/withdraw PF till now.

    Shall I leave that Company1 PF withdrawing/ transferring for one year. So that I can withdraw the amount after one year(on 5 year of service completion tax will not be deducted right?)

    Is it possible to do so?

    Thanks & Regards,

    1. Yes, you can do that

  9. peesarisrinivasreddy says:

    i am working in a private college for last 9 years 10 months with epf contribution. now i got govt job and im resigning my old job.I am I eligible for pension scheme under epf

  10. Rahul says:

    I Have resigned my job dated on 10.02.2016. I want to withdrawn my EPF amount, now my total contribution is 20611 & employer contribution is 6050 in the sence my monthly contribution was 780 & employer contribution was 239 & remaining 541 were go in pension scheme…then how much amount I will got?

    1. Hi Rahul

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


    2. Hi Rahul

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well

      ManishHi Rahul

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  11. Kalyan says:

    Hi, I am Kalyan, I am woking with the company who is not deposited my epf from July 2014, I have come to know from UAN Passbook which I have download today…but my company has deduct my epf contribution till july 2015, but I have received my pay slip till January-2015… from July I have not received my salary because my company is unable to provide me the salary.
    Kindly guide me what I have to do to solve my problem.


    1. There is no other way than complaining to the EPFO about this and filing a criminal case against the company !

  12. Avi says:

    I left the company in May-2015,The name in the epf account is different,where in i dont have any bank account with this name.
    i applied for epf one time,they rejected saying name difference.
    When i called epf people,they told they sent the documents and asked for name change declaration from Employer.

    When I checked with Employer,they are telling they dint received any documents from pf office,they can process next only after receiving the documents.

    Please tell me what to do now,it has been more then 8 months.


    1. Hi Avi

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


      1. Avi says:

        RTI route ,we can apply in EPF office,what about the employer side.

  13. Sandeep says:


    I am Sandeep, I have a PF Ac.No that has been associated with a Pvt. Ltd. company. Due to some reasons I left that company and applied for PF withdrawal. the total sum is about Rs. 52,000 aprox from EPF passbook values.

    But I got the amount in terms as Rs.37,000 + Rs.12,000 = Rs.49,000 aprox;

    The remaining amount aprox Rs.3000 could not get credited. Why its not get credited.

    In case If I join another company, Can I transfer that remaining amount to that company.

    Thanks & Regards

    1. Hi Sandeep

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  14. Dnyaneshwar says:

    I was working with HG Retail Pvt.Ltd.Delhi.
    From 2nd March 2010 to 30 Dec.2013.
    3 years.suddenly company has been stopped.
    No contact with company n any employee
    No salry.
    Even PF also not getting.
    PF office person says not authorized by employer.
    N this company is complete close.
    No contact person, no any support getting regarding EPF.even I 4 times submit my PF form to delhi PF office but not successful yet.
    So how can I get my PF amount.

    1. You should get in touch with EPFO department now.

      I suggest use RTI as the tool

  15. Birendra says:

    An employee is fired for some reason by his boss. The employee goes to court and after 4 years wins the case in his favour. Now the employer has to pay his salary for the 4 years’. How to deposit the EPF contribution in this case. Since nowadays one has to make a csv file and pay online, how to make a proper uploadable file in this case.

    Kindly suggest

    1. We have no idea on that

  16. Anand says:

    I accidentally inputted the wrong PF a/c number in the website listed above and downloaded the e-passbook. It turned out to be someone else PF passbook. I immediately closed the window. But now i am unable to download my e- passbook. Also the e – passbook history shows that i downloaded the passbook. I used my aadhar card for registration. I registered under UAN after that. What should i do to rectify this issue?

  17. Jyoti says:

    Can my employer reduce the contribution (mine & theirs) towards EPFO account at their own discretion without intimation?

    1. Yes, they can do that if its as per rules defined by EPFO

  18. Dear Biswajit, please read your PF trusts’ rule book to know the answers for your query. the reason is, there may be a deviation for the amount you are eligible for under EPFO & under your PF trust.



  19. Biswajit Pal says:

    Hi Nageshwar

    Thanks for the info and suggestions :)…. I have one more follow up query which is mentioned below

    Can you provide the details of the loan from EPF for buying an apartment? Some pointers like – what is the Permissible Limit , Eligibility ,Repayment Period , rate of interests and whom I need to contact to avail that.

    Thanks again for your help and looking forward for your reply.


  20. Nageshwar Pinna says:

    Please find my views..

    1. When job1 & Job2 are transferred successfully means, total service period is 6.9 years.

    2. Do not withdraw EPF amount.

    3. Do not withdraw EPF amount. If you require money, you can take loan on your EPF amount. If are going to retire from your job, then you can withdraw

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.