PLEASE ADVISE ON RELIANCE GROWTH / HDFC TOP 200 FUNDS / HDFC GOLD FUND

POSTED BY Krups ON September 29, 2012 2:28 pm COMMENTS (7)

Hello Sir,

I have been investing on Reliance Growth Fund for 2.5 years almost, HDFC top 200 / HDFC Gold Funds both recently purchased.

Reliance Growth Fund total amount Invested must be approx 93,000 / – on monthly SIP plan upto 2015 I can hold, if advisable

HDFC TOP 200 monthly SIP is 3000 atleast for 5 years

HDFC gold fund atleast for 5 years.

Can you please advise on above portfolio

7 replies on this article “PLEASE ADVISE ON RELIANCE GROWTH / HDFC TOP 200 FUNDS / HDFC GOLD FUND”

1. nagpalharish says:

Regarding portfolio , Reliance Growth fund has not been able to beat the benchmark from last two years and HDFC Top 200 from last one year. Further 5 year is a very less period for any SIP,unless you see two bear run and two bull runs there is no point in doing a SIP . . Further dont mind,it is the investor psychology which makes return and not the funds.Funds have always made returns in past but investors dont .Mean return of all good funds after 10 years will be almost same .You need to develop as a investor more.,read books,blogs on investing 😉 Best of Luck.

1. Krups says:

thanks for the advise…I would definately explore more,,,reading blogs and current status that views everyday,,,which will benefits me and keep myself updated

2. Dear Krups, I w’d like to give some more time to Reliance Growth & HDFC Top 200. Regarding HDFC Gold, why did you start investing in this fund? Please clarify.

Thanks

Ashal

1. Krups says:

my plan was gold ETF,,but was wrongly suggested by HDFC CRM executive..

Can u suggest sum GOLD EFT options or any other mutual funds with better returns / I can give 5 years max to that fund, amount to be 3k

1. Dear Krups, in case of Gold ETFs you can not SIP. You can purchase through your demat account only. Yes it’s cost effective than gold saving funds. For 5Y, period, are you asking for any fund or Gold ETF?

Thanks

Ashal

1. Krups says:

yes I meant was Any suggested funds, which i can move for 5 years long with the faith of good returns…else I was planning for bank recurring option, with nationalised bank, INDIAN BANK which gives 9.25% atleast for 3 years / after that 9.00% on whatever amount deposited,,supposely I planned for 10k monthly recurring, could get 1,58,000 in returns after 5 years even if I just calculate 9.00% feels the most safe option here

1. Krups says:

all the funds are I wish to invest with the hope of good returns,,which can be kept safe for my marriage. I was definately looking for stable option, which is RD,,,feels mutual fund option on a risky side, though am investing 50% of amount in it,,,atleast expect sum sort of returns in another 5 / 7 years

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.