POSTED BY September 12, 2012 2:19 pm COMMENTS (9)ON
i hv recvd some 30L from my mother. I am s/w engr 36 yrs but not working for last 5 yrs to raise my son 4.5 yrs old. I hv already been investing into stocks and mutual funds for last 6-7 yrs. hv seen many gains and losses and hv decided to stick to MF only.
i hv few queries and chalked out some plan to invest this money, pls be kind enough to take some time to review & give your valuable inputs. Thanks a ton!
hv selected few folowing MFs which would comprise say 60% of the 30L ie. 18L:
1. Franklin bluechip (large cap) (~6Lac) (5K sip will take 10 yrs to invest)
2. HDFC top 200 (large-midcap) (~6Lac) (5K sip will take 10 yrs to invest)
3. ICICI pru discovery (mid-small) (~3Lac) (5K sip will take 5 yrs to invest)
4. IDFC premier eq (mid-small) (~3Lac) (5K sip will take 5 yrs to invest)
hv selected the foll 2 balanced funds for the remaining 30% of 30L ie. 9L
5. Birla SL 95 (balanced fund) (~4.5Lac) (lumsum or sip ?)
6. UTI CRTS 81(G) eq-oriented hybrid fund (~4.5L) (lumsum or sip ?)
the remaining 10% ie. 3L
7. Gold ETF like Reliance Gold savings (~3L) (5K sip will take 5 yrs to invest)
1. if i select say 5 funds from 5 AMC for STP, do i also need to have 5 debt/liquid funds of the respective AMC for the STP. otherwise if i do a normal SIP then the big amount wud be just lying around in the bank acc. Please suggest
2. even if i start 5K SIP/STP into the above funds, to invest such large amount it wud take few years. so shud i increase the SIP and invest within 3-4 yrs and is it right?. or shud i keep allow 5k SIP and invest it over 9-10 yrs and meanwhile let some chunk of money be invested in one of the balance funds UTI CRTS 81(G) eq-oriented hybrid
i hope you are getting my problem of parking this huge money till it gets invested over the period of 5-10 yrs. Let me also add that i might get another 12L in near future.
i am very sorry for such a big mail and taking so much of your time.
thanks and best regards,