Online deposit in PPF account

POSTED BY annu707in ON February 23, 2012 11:40 pm COMMENTS (18)

Hi – I have a PPF a/c in SBI but do not have a saving bank a/c in same bank or branch.

– How can I deposit money online in my PPF account in this case?
– Can I perform a online third part transfer from my HDFC savings bank a/c to my SBI PPF a/c?
– How will I get the receipt of amount deposited in my PPF a/c?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anurag

18 replies on this article “Online deposit in PPF account”

1. gopal says:

i have PPF account with SBI. My savings account is with HDFC. In HDFC’s Third PartyTransfer, what do I select under “beneficiary account type”? PPF does not appear there.

1. It will not appear like that. You need to put SBI PPF number as a beneficiary account number .

2. SivaNagiReddy says:

Money transfer to my SBI PPF account through online SBH net backing, how to get receipt for that payment,I tried in in SBI online banking PPF E-Receipt but I dint get,how to get my receipt

1. Hi SivaNagiReddy

This is very specific query which you should follow up with the concerned authority only. We wont be able to comment on that

Manish

2. Ravi says:

Hi,
      Can you tell how did you get your receipt?
      I am facing same issue.

3. Mohanaraj says:

I’m having savings account and PPF account both are in the same SBI branch. But I don’t have the net banking facility for the savings account because the savings account type is Prime minister Janthan Yojana account, so the bank officials told that this kind of account is not eligible to provide Net banking facility.

My question is — How I can know the exact balance in my PPF account ?

1. Hi Mohanaraj

I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

Its a bit long cut, but works well

Manish

4. Ankit says:

I have added my PPF A/c as a third party recipient to my HDFC Bank A/c. Will I get a receipt after transferring subscription money to my PPF A/c or just the Passbook entry?

1. I think you will just get the Passbook entry !

5. ashalanshu says:

Dear Ram,just like you add a 3rd party account in HDFC netbanking, please add your SBI PPF account there. IFSC details can be availed from internet or from your SBI branch directly.

Thanks

Ashal

6. RAM PARKASH says:

I HAVE A/C WITH HDFC BANK TPT FACILITY ALSO
    I WANTO KNOW SBI IFSC CODE OR OTHER INSTRUCTION

7. RAM PARKASH says:

HOW TO PAY ONLINE PPF A/C PAYMENT

8. How does it matter what the SBI Manager says?

If you do a NEFT and the amount reflects in your SBI PPF account you are all set – no problems there

9. Investor says:

Hello.

I tried and transfer Rs.500 from my PNB saving account to SBI PPF account…payment was successful …..but,

when i asked, SBI Mumbai manager replied my email :

Dear customer , You CAN NOT Transfer from any bank to SBI.

Kindly confirm whether Online NEFT is possible and succesful or not??

10. drajjjj says:

please note that this online transfer is possible only if the PPF account is at SBI , if it is opened at Post Office , then it would not be possible, because only SBI is authorised to get online payments for PPF. Many people have their PPF , spouse PPF and children PPF account, they can add any number of PPF accounts for online payment.
    Steps for Online Transfer in PPF account
    Step 1 : Add Public Provident Fund account as Beneficiary Account
    The first step is to add your PPF account to your Bank account as third-party so that you can do a money transfer to them. I am using ICICI account screenshots, but all the steps must be same for other banks also.

Step 2 : Choose the SBI branch Address
    Next step is to choose the exact location of the BANK where the account was open . Note that if you opened a PPF account at a SBI branch where netbanking is not available , it will not be listed.

The best thing about have the bank account and PPF account linked is that you can also view the PPF details and balance at a single place .
    Step 3 : Add your PPF account as the Payee Account number
    The last step is to add your PPF account as the Payee Account number and then click on the confirmation link . In ICICI you will first get an activation code which you will have to put to activate the account for first time .

11. Dear Anurag, You may use HDFC to deposit the money in PPF account as described in the article (link given to you already).

Another option is to open a SB account with SBI & use SBI’s own netbanking facility to invest in PPG online.

thanks

Ashal

12. CHeck out http://jagoinvestor.dev.diginnovators.site/2011/12/ppf-account-online-investing-netbanking.html

You can take a print out of the SBI Statement for tax purposes. You can also walk into ANY SBI Branch to update the passbook.

1. annu707in says:

Thanks justgrowmymoney and Ashal ji. I will do it via HDFC a/c only…no more new SB a/cs… 🙂

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.