May 31, 2011 5:56 pm
I don’t have a credit card yet but thinking of getting one in coming weeks. Please share some direction on selecting one based on your experience.
– Take a card which is lifetime free
– It should have NEFT payment system
– If you are net savvy, then if it has online portal enabled then much better
– Do not try to pay credit card bill through cheque, even a small mistake from either side while processing it will make your life messy.
– Treat it as convenience to carry it instead of cash not like the money you have in your hand till the credit limit on the card.
I would say go for a lilfetime free credit card from one of your current private banks. Private banks, because mostly these are the ones offering lifetime free cards. Call your private bank’s toll free number and ask them.
Also, make sure that you use the credit card simply because it adds the convenience of not carrying cash. If a credit card is going to increase your tendency to spend unnecessarily then don’t go for a credit card. You might already know all this but always remember that the money you spend with a credit card is like a loan to be paid off at the end of the month.
Lastly, make sure you make the full payment and not just the “minimum amount due” at the end of each month. Anything you don’t pay at the end of each month will be charged vulgar interest rates.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Subscribe to FREE Video Course + FREE Ebook + Future Email Updates
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Join 1,60,000 email subscribers
FREE Video Lessons directly in your email daily
144 page PDF ebook with best articles from Jagoinvestor
Get future articles directly on your mailbox + updates
6 PART VIDEO COURSE
You are subscribed for FREE Course now, Check your Email
New here? Create an account