Need help in ITR filing for 2013-14 assessment year

POSTED BY Kiran ON October 9, 2013 1:23 pm COMMENTS (3)

Hi,

I could not file my ITR for the assessment year 2013-14 so far, as I was out of country for a while.

I have few questions in this regard. Here is my case.

”I bought a flat in Bangalore a year back and finally was able to manage to get the registration done in March 2013.  Till then, I was staying in rental accommodation.”

My Form-16, does not reflect my Home loan principal and interest components as registration happened in March 2013.

Now, my question is, ”I am filing ITR now. Can I include these home loan components and recalculate the refund and submit ITR along with HRA component?”

Please clarify. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiran

3 replies on this article “Need help in ITR filing for 2013-14 assessment year”

1. ashalanshu says:

Dear Kiran, HRA benefits are already claimable but to claim any loss (in your case, home loan interest), ITR filing within due date is compulsory. Depending upon your situation that you were out of India within due date time period, you may represent your case to your Assessing officer and S/He may accept your request or turn it down.

That’s why I wrote in my previous reply, ‘MAY DENY’.

Thanks

Ashal

2. ashalanshu says:

Dear Kiran, as you were unable to file your ITR in time, the assessing officer may deny the home loan benefit (loss) to you. Please do it right now to avoid any future penlaties.

Thanks

Ashal

1. Kiran says:

Dear Ashal,

Do you mean after filing ITR, assessing officer may deny home loan benefits? If I had filed my ITR in time, do that officer allow me to put both HRA and home loan components?

Please clarify.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.