Need guideline for investment for 2000-3000 per month ?

POSTED BY Suresh Kumar ON December 11, 2013 9:02 pm COMMENTS (4)

Sir,

I want to invest amount Rs. 2-3 thousand per month for long term please guide me.

4 replies on this article “Need guideline for investment for 2000-3000 per month ?”

1. ashalanshu says:

Dear Suresh, which risk is bigger to you? The risk of devaluation in your money over the long term from Inflation if you invest in pure debt products or the intermediate volatility from Eq. investments where you may or may not get inflation beating returns over the long term.

Thanks

Ashal

2. Sumit says:

Hi Suresh,

If you want to save regularly each month for long term (at least 8-10 years) then equity mutual funds are the best option to choose. Top runner large caps produced more than 15% annualized return in last 10 years. Market may not be same in next 10 years, but a decent 12% return can be expected – which beats any fixed income product in a large margin.
    But as you seems to be a beginner and mentioned about ‘minimum risk’, I would suggest you can look for Balanced funds (that invests in both the equity and debt around 60:40 ratio and hence suits perfectly for conservative investors who wants the moderate growth with stability).

But before that couple of Qs – do you have any investment yet? Did you have a PPF account , or any other fixed income product investment?
    You need to know what should be your asset allocation (asset mix of equity, fixed income or gold in your portfolio), know more about here:
    http://www.behealthyinvestor.com/asset-allocation

Thanks
    Sumit

3. Suresh Kumar says:

Sir,

My time frame 10-12 years and goal is save more money for future on minimum risk.

Regards
    Suresh ( 9354180760 )

4. ashalanshu says:

Dear Suresh, what is your goal? Your time frame? Your risk appetite?

Thanks

Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.