POSTED BY October 2, 2010 6:11 pm COMMENTS (2)ON
I have been investing in the following Mutual Funds since January 2010 via Monthly SIP mode.
1. HDFC Top 200 fund – Growth Option – Rs. 3,000/- per month.
2. Birla Sunlife Frontline Equity – Growth Option – Rs. 3,000/- per month.
3. DSP Blackrock Top 100 Equity Fund – Growth Option – Rs. 3,000/- per month
4. Reliance Growth – Growth Option – Rs. 2,000/- per month
5. Birla Sunlife Midcap Fund Plan A – Growth Option – Rs. 1,000/- per month
I can invest Rs. 3,000/- more on a monthly basis. Please suggest how should I allocate the amount in all the above mentioned fund. I can take above average risk. Should I invest some part of this amount in a balanced fund such as HDFC Prudence, etc. or not?
My investment horizon is around 15 – 20 years.
Please suggest…Thanks to all of you in advance 😉
2021 © Jagoinvestor.com All Right Reserved
2 replies on this article “Mutual Funds – suggestion required”
Your portfolio is very good except for Birla Sunlife Midcap Fund. You can monitor it for 2-3 quarters and if its still under-performing you may switch to ICICI Discovery Fund.
Yours is a good portfolio. Just add Reliance Regular Savings Fund – Equity fund. If your time horizon is 15-20 years, why are you thinking about balanced fund. Think of balanced fund at 50-55 age.
Hope it will help you.