missed investment declaration

POSTED BY Satbir Singh Saund ON July 23, 2012 11:22 pm COMMENTS (5)


I missed my lic declaration due to which the form 16 that was generated does not contain the information.
I am opting for online e-filing. Kindly guide how can I proceed about this.


5 replies on this article “missed investment declaration”

  1. BanyanFA says:

    It is not a big problem. While filing your tax return, claim a deduction of the amount of your LIC payments. If the tax has been overdeducted, you would be eligible for a tax refund in that case.


    1. Ruchir Singh says:

      If such investment (which has not been included in form 16) is declared while e-filing, do we need to send proof with ITR-V or separately to income tax department?

  2. Abhinav Gulechha says:

    hello Satbir Ji

    You can claim it in the respective ITR form as deduction under Chapter VIA at the time of online filing. The macro based sheet will consider the LIC premium deduction while calculating the tax payable.

  3. sunil says:

    Dear Satbir,

    Using Cleartax.in you can upload your Form -16 and under the section 80 (c) or where ever applicable you can enter the LIC amount you have invested but not shown on Form-16 then the Refund is automatically calculated…

    Hoe this info helps you.


    1. Tarun says:

      Hi Sunil,

      After declaring its inside sction 80(c) where I am supposed to/Uplaod the document for proof of my investment.
      Means I can find any proper section where I have to provide details about my Policy.

      Do I need to mail it directly to the IT depaartment or while verifing it through incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in I need to provide information somehwere.

      Please guide me in this field.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.