POSTED BY November 6, 2012 10:12 pm COMMENTS (11)ON
I have a savings of 25k/month which I would like to invest in mutual funds via SIP. I have shortlisted the following route based on the rating, AMC as well as 3/5 yr performance.
1. Rs 5000/month: HDFC Top 200 (The current one) or UTI Opportunities Fund (G) (Large cap)
2. Rs 5000/month: SBI Magnum FMCG (FMCG Sector)
3. Rs 5000/month: Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund – Retail Plan (G) (Diversified Equity)
4. Rs 5000/month: SBI Magnum Emerging Business Fund (G) (Small & Mid Cap)
5. Rs 5000/month: Canara Robeco Equity Tax Saver (G) or Reliance Tax saver (ELSS) (G) (ELSS)
I am new to mutual funds and my goal is a minimum of 5 years investment. A friend/fellow invester suggested that I should have funds of different types rather than just one lump sum investment. But, being a regualr reader of this forum, I don’t plan to invest before getting your valuable suggestions. So, is this the right path? If not, then please suggest one. 🙂