POSTED BY January 1, 2014 1:20 pm COMMENTS (4)ON
I am planning to purchase a resale flat(8 years old) and would like to avail Non repayable EPF withdrawal. I have couple of questions regarding this.
1. Is PF withdrawal allowed for purchase of resale flat/house?
2. If I withdraw the amount in Jan/Feb, will I lose the entire interest which will be credited by April 1st or may get pro-rata interest as I have kept the amount till Dec.I have about 5L in pf so will I be losing about 40K if I withdraw now rathen than after April?
3. In case the entire interest is lost, Please suggest any way I can reduce this. I need to pay to the owner by Feb by the way.
2021 © Jagoinvestor.com All Right Reserved
4 replies on this article “Loss of interest if PF withdrawn before year end?”
Dear Tmklsankar, you can not withdraw 100%. if you arw withdrawing in Feb, you ‘ll get interest upto Jan on the withdrawn amount.
Thats great. Thanks once again Ashal.
Dear Tmklsankar, let me try to answer your queries.
1. Yes, PF can be withdrawn for a ready built house no matter it’s few days old or few years old.
2. You ‘ll get pro rata interest up to Dec.
3. As it’s Pro rata interest, there is no loss for you now.
Thanks a lot Ashal. So even if I withdraw the full PF amount and the balance is 0, still will be getting the pro-rata interest on the amount before withdrawal by April right?